Special Kush: 2 clones made on April 2

Hi happy growers.
This is my second grow. I am currently finishing one plant in the bigger cabinet and these two clones were taken from that same plant on April 2nd and are waiting to be moved in in a few days.
Currently they are in a home made DWC bucket (1 gallon), with air pump 24/7 and on a 18/6 light schedule with a normal Phillips CFL bulb. I filled twice the bucket with GH nutrients (G-M-B), ppm is 300, ph 5.5. I will keep the diary updated on a weekly basis and hope to learn more stuff with your great support.

Day #1, April 2, mother plant before defoliation

Day 1, April 2, mother plant after defoliation

Day #21, April 23, my mini tent for clones

Day #28, April 30, growing

Day #35, May 7, growing

Day #37, May 9, topping & LST

Day #47, May 19
I noticed some spots on leaves and guess what? Thrips! Maybe because I have a window near the small grow tent and my outside garden is blooming now so it could be that they found a way in my tent. I immediately sprayed some home made soap and will do it again today.

18 Likes

For two of your dates you just had a big picture of your face lol.

But looking awesome! Welcome to OverGrow!
Stick around and show us how you grow! Saw your other post in the harvest thread this morning…and all is looking good

6 Likes

They are all looking super healthy.

5 Likes

LOL…thanks…must get used to the posting stuff…:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @mare73 glad ya found us plants are looking great!

3 Likes

Plants look happy.

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Welcome to OG, looking good in here so far. For thrips, find yourself some spinosad. Captain Jack’s Dead Bug Brew works great for my (multiple) thrips issues.

Public Enemy #1

7 Likes

Day #51
Sprayed for the second time with a mix of dishwasher soap and protect killer. Did not see any thrips during the day so chances are the treatment is working.
As soon as the other plant dries in the growbox these two clones will go immediately on 12/12.

8 Likes

Moved the clones to the flower cabinet but will leave in veg for a few more days. Ppm is a little bit low, it can be seen on the leaves and I will slowly add more nutrients.

6 Likes

Yesterday I switched to 12/12 without any dark period before switch. Since I want them to grow a little more I kept the nutrients schedule for last week of grow stage.

6 Likes

Looks good! I always feed veg nutes the first week or so of flowering too… stock em up on nitrogen!

1 Like

Looking great! Each grow you will dial that room in more and more. :v:

2 Likes

Back with another update and this time I would need some advice.
Last week I went from 330 ppm to 850 ppm and I transfered the two ladies to their final growing space. I also switched to 12/12 the same day. A few days ago when I cleaned the reservoir and added fresh nutes I found out that all the new growth is pale, light green with small unhappy leaves and curled up. Yesterday I added some fresh phed water and this morning it looked a little better. I checked thoroughly the leaves, under the leaves and did not find any pests.
Could it be that the increase in ppm caused nute burn on the new growth?
Could it be that the water in the NFT system is too warm? I don’t have a chiller and I put 2 frozen bottles in the reservoir twice a day but it keeps the temps low for a few hours only…

Should I flush or should I add some fresh ph water very day?

Cabinet temperature: 24-30 (75-86) I know that the low temperature should be lower but without air conditoning and summer approaching I thought I woud manage to finish this grow before the real summer arrives
Water temperature: 20-26 (68-79)…
ppm 880, now 700
ph: 5.5

6 Likes

After two weeks here I am with another update. I began the 4th week of flowering 3 days ago. I also did some defoliation and changed the nutrients and cleaned the reservoir. I don’t know how will it end but the summer temperatures are really testing the plants and the grow environment. The temperatures outside rise as high as 35 degrees during the day (23 during the night). Fortunately my grow room does not get much heat from the outside so the temperatures in the cabinet get as high as 33…until now. I also put 2 frozen water bottles in my reservoir twice a day to keep the nutrients liquid at a normal temperature. Last week I also made a spray (dish soap and some organic pest product) against thrips which have been attacking my plants for some time now. Probably I have to spray again in a day or two.
Let’s have a look at the pics. Enjoy and happy growing.

6 Likes

9th week of flowering. The two plants are not eating much, the ph keeps dropping and ppm rising. Extreme summer heat is the cause of a little foxtailing on some buds. Overall I am quite happy especially after the heavy nutrient burn in vegetation. I am waiting for some more milky trichomes and then I’ll flush for a week. Happy growing.

1 Like