Spider mites in flower

Didn’t make a dent in mine.

3 Likes

Same here. It did make my house smell like it was on fire a couple times because the bugs landed on the bulb and fried up.

3 Likes

did you put them out at night? They can’t fly at night. Last time I dropped some they cleared every insect off my plants over night then flew off in the morning.

3 Likes

That is what the said to do. I had them around for days but, still had mites.

3 Likes

This link says to mix equal parts distilled water and 35% h.peroxide ???

The 3% common H2O2 is avaiable to me and I think the 30% at the grow shop.

So confusion. :confused:

:evergreen_tree: internet recipes!

1 Like

i gave in to pressure & bought something close to Method1PPS because they didn’t carry it:

eager to spray ASAP this a.m.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I’m pulling my autos a few days early. Spidey mites are gone, but now I’m picking cankerworms off the bud. They are gonna destroy it.

3 Likes

i had the caterpillars…corn earworm. look here on OG or search for the colorado state hemp pest info to confirm your species. i love that site.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Oh isn’t that fun. Nothing like mites in Flower.

I got turned on to Organicide 3 in 1. The stuff is all organic and works really well. It is basically horticultural oil. I had a bad infestation going and it knocked them down in numbers significantly. I have been treating my veg plants with a rotation of Forbid, and FloromiteSc, then with organicide. I believe I may be winning, finally, …its been tough to get rid of these bastards.

3 Likes

I have ‘washed’ some buds before too and when dried - those buds were the nicest to smoke and more compact than the other bud from the same batch. I only rinsed them through luke-warm water coz i had dropped some in soil and never noticed til next day or two, hence why I washed em.

When i have a surplus of weed ( lol ) I’ll definitely have another go ,this time just a wee dip and dry of half a plant and see what’s best.

I heard of water curing ,anyone regularly water curing on here .? I think the taste or smell are affected but potency is better / probably great for smoking in company if no noticeable smell, eh .?!
I’m Rambling lol …!! - ( that’s when you know your weed is good …! )
Happy growing/smoking.
Gaz

4 Likes

An old timer told me ladybugs will spread them to each plant and not do much to clean up

1 Like

They also fly into your light and burn to a crisp. Makes you think your house is on fire.

2 Likes

Lmaoooo what’s that smell my joints smelling funny :joy::joy:

Same thread different grow. Found a single leaf with a spider mite. Couldnt find any more but im sure they are around. Week 2 of flower. What would y’all do?

5 Likes

Bastards. I hate those things.

I see what is most likely an egg. One, means there are probably more around that area.

Carefully remove and dispose of that leaf. I usually use a paper towel + alcohol to grip the entire leaf so that I’m not just spreading them around. Cut and dispose.

Examine other leaves. Start whatever IPM that you are comfortable with while in flower, if you haven’t already. Examine regularly going forward.

2 Likes

That one was crawling around but i did see eggs on the same leaf. Got rid of it already. Ill be spraying them down frequently.

3 Likes

Just picked up some oils and soap to aid in the eradication of the mites. More to follow.

7 Likes

Avid shudders…Nuke death. VERY effective. I once knew a fellow who sprayed that in t-shirt and shorts, with his entire arms and legs glistening. I often wonder if he is still alive.

4 Likes

This is my preferred method of choice (without spraying/pred bugs) They will always climb to the highest point of the hanging plant, thus, somewhat scrubbing the mites off your product. A shop vack once a day during drying usually does the trick. I do also lite them up with a butane torch from time to time. I just love the sound of hundreds of Spider Mites popping, and cracking…

5 Likes

The shower trick can be really effective if you’re persistent and don’t want to spray chemicals. Really blast them off and be sure to get the undesides too. A friend actually eradicated his pretty bad mite problem doing this, I couldn’t believe it.

6 Likes