Spider mites maybe?

New soil for seeds. It’s low costs and helps ensure they fully germinate.

Looks root bound why it’s thinning maybe.

Did you use hydrogen peroxide to germinate the seeds? :thinking:

1 Like

Hit them babies with some Bacillus Subtilis like Serenade Garden to stop that damping off/botrytis, or copper sulfate or really any biofungicide. I have had ok luck with my PureCrop1 fighting it off but I decided to say fuck it and use Serenade on my seedlings from now on, it works great from what I can tell so far.

https://www.planetnatural.com/product/serenade-garden-disease-control/

That’s the consumer version of this big dog for organic farmers:

https://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=895&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp895&sc_intid=895&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwtWgBhDhARIsAEMcxeAF2JpEPdHp6nkLqjConmRvJbr_Un9PC-DV2wBqecjsMQmtM-JKO_YaAlV1EALw_wcB

2 Likes

Been wanting to try PureCrop1 indoors. Currently fermenting Neem seed meal and top dressing Meal worm frass for pest control.

Over time it will become a good maintenance routine for your indoor growing.

Wiping down under leaves with diluted Alcohol helps too.

I use a Gauze Sponge to apply lightly, it worked until I got the 2 products going to control long term spider mite prevention.

Gassing Co2 to 10,000 PPM for 2 to 3 hours will kill anything pest.
I’ll be building sealed growing chambers soon to utilize a Co2 kill if pest appear. :dove:

2 Likes

I dream of the ability to do that C02 flush but that’s far in my future, for now I just spray the heck out of everything with PC1 from sprout to a week or two before harvest and it’s been great for me. No taste or smell on the buds and while it doesn’t knock most pests out on the first round, it definitely wears them down. And it’s super effective for molds and fungus. I started using frass in compost teas and some Microbe-Lift BTI and that definitely helps, I think the Serenade is probably the last component of indoor IPM for me other than getting back to LABS foliars too.

2 Likes

The 50/50 alcohol spray is suppose to work to kill. I haven’t tried it yet. It’s on the list to test.

The test on wiping fan leaves showed no damage.

Dr earth’s, Maggie’s ruined leaves.
No essential oils for me anymore, seems like a failure using them too.

Also heard and will test 7 to 10% hydrogen peroxide will kill pest too.
3% can help slow them down, but with seeds it’s not good to spray it.

Maybe neem oil If you don’t smoke the bud and you need the seeds and don’t want Spider mites spreading while it’s maturing its seeds.

That I just tested, I’ll compare damage on seed hull from neem oil and I recently seen what hydrogen peroxide did to seeds maturing.

It was scuffed a bit from hydrogen peroxide.

3 Likes

i figured they get the same dirt they’re gonna be in when they get bigger, if they make it past cloning. these girls are going outside to finish, just getting more of them than i had seeds for this way. 2 of them are going inside to reproduce. if i still had the tent i gave away and i am replacing soon i’d have started them a couple of months ago and had the clones ready to go outside. i lose a little time starting late but i have a place to put them now. when i set the tent up it’s gonna be straight hydro, i hate dirt inside, way too much work. i was pretty good at that back in the day, but that was hps time, hope i can adjust to the led way. one thing i learned a long time ago about growing pot: it’s real hard to screw up since it grows like a weed.

2 Likes

That doesn’t look like spider mite damage to me either. Probably to much water.
Hey @GregOG and @Dirt_Wizard, y’all seen this by @JohnnyPotseed ?

:v::heart:

2 Likes

as it turns out, growing weed runs in the family. my daughter used to grow and that’s who i asked originally what it was and she said spider mites. i was high and the speck of dirt in the picture looked like it may be something, but i had kept the dirt moist when they were sprouting, and that may also account for the extra time it took to come up. one poor girl didn’t make it unfortunately.

my daughter also lived in the bedroom right above the grow i documented from back in the day. she didn’t know we grew until after she stopped and told me she used to. she gave me her tent that she had kept around for a while. i

2 Likes

@GregOG and everyone else who had an opinion on them, turns out my daughter was right, they were spider mites. my buddy hit them with a spray of water and a touch of dawn. got rid of them, but one didn’t make it. good thing they’re fem seeds. thanx for the advice all. i just learned an important lesson on listening to my daughter, who happens to almost have a masters in botany and several successful outlaw grows under her belt.

Could be…

nah, was. my buddy looked at them with a loupe and saw them. i couldn’t see them in the picture when i blew it up but he saw them crawling around. said they infested his other cuttings he had when i brought them over and didn’t know it. had to treat everything and lost a couple of other cuttings.

update for anyone who wants to look at a sad plant. at least it made it, my buddy just put it outside last week. had it been in a bigger pot and outside a lot earlier we may have gotten more, but it looks like it’s gonna be about 2-3 oz. not me in the pic.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: yeah, i guess i spoke way too soon on this one…

at least one made it. not bad considering i didn’t have a hand in it past putting them in the dirt and almost killing them both overwatering. i bet this one is so root bound there’s no dirt in there.

Rinse the plant in water everyday. Spider mites or any bug will be gone. If it’s in a container use a gallon jug and flood it over the plants daily.

Outside use a water hose and rinse every 3 days, daily if you have good drainage. You can use a tote of water and wash your plants in it.

I don’t use anything on my plants. I’ll throw it away if water don’t fix it. I don’t want to raise pest and fungus issues.

I get pest damaged plants to fix all the time. The best stuff was tried on them. I get it to recover 100%

Water works and then the immunity kicks back in. :100::dove:

2 Likes

Caught my curiosity- Looking forward to next outdoor season, which will be my first :grin: but i worry about needing to spray anything vile on them if (when) they pick up some nasties. Be really cool if i could fight bugs with just water… but ive never even heard of this as a pest solution.

Im picturing like a “room temperature bucket challenge” with people dumping a tote full of water on their unsuspecting weed plants for cannabis research lol
🪣🌊🪴😂

Full of questions:
Any concern about overwatering the plant doing this? Would you need to divert the water away from the roots (unless they needed it)?

Worry about creating PM?
Branches/leaves/buds you gotta shake em out after?

Successful in all stages, early veg to late flower?
Any Always/Never do’s?

And finally- Does this method have a name? Like “the flood” or something :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great question. Containers I’ll hold it at a position down ward. I want to shock it with water and a huge flood fest on it. Shake it off after rinsing.

If it’s bud do a Hydrogen peroxide straight 3% let it sit a few hours and then rinse it off gently. Repeat every 3 days.

Outdoors you should be hard rinsing often , nothing will bother it. But for extreme pest outdoors divert the water away with a tarp. Leave it there till you get rid of them.

I do call it the flood method. I’m trying to use a method to collect the water from the gallon jug, lol
Usually it makes the plant so healthy it doesn’t need another treatment.

I think I’ll give it a name… Waterboarding Weed :joy:

But I’m wanting to test electrocution for pest. Anyone test taze a plant?

Hoping also, maybe at harvest… shock the plant just enoght to make all the leaves fall off over night, for clean buds to hang :sweat_smile::rofl:

I just saved this plant for a buddy. It collased right after I spit the root in quarters, then I spread it wide open.

First thing I had to fix the stem curve. It had preventive sprays, but it didn’t help. So I took a turn.

After I did the water treatments, I put it in another container, straighten the stalk and added rabbit manure for healthy food for it.

2 Likes

looks like she pulled through and maybe will give us more than a quarter pound. hard to say, but he pinched off a few small buds and dried them. tasted pretty good for a month or more early and he got a buzz. asked me if i felt it and i said i smoked way too much to feel that effect. can’t wait to cure it.

2 Likes

That is an Impressive turnaround!
Directions captured and riveted to my reference file.
Thanks for the tips friendo :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Here it is still growing, I just top dressed with rabbit and a bit of duck manure mixture. Then use regular water, add more top dressing when it needs it throughout veg. That’s my breeder Male Kanak balochistan.

Just got done checking on the Afghani x Kanak balochistan seeds outdoors, looks like 9 days left. :dove:

2 Likes

well, it’s that time i guess. harvest time, such as it is. ended up with about an ounce, maybe a little more.

smoke report: It has a fruity, earthy aroma and is a little fluffy and light but not larfy. Very sticky with lots of crystals. Smokes clean with an aftertaste that matches the aroma. I can detect a hint of blueberry I think, fruity for sure but not overpowering. The high is pleasant and uplifting, makes concentrating easy. Finishes well but a little harsh, perhaps from the cure or lack thereof, as it has only been a week since harvest. Since there is about an ounce of it, I doubt it makes it to a proper cure but definitely worth it and a great job for the first run. This girl was lucky to have made it at all and is the 25% success rate out of four seeds that got started.