1990s unknown cultivar seven weeks old from seed

I saved seeds back in the 1990s in my twenties. My brain back then knew what each one was but now in my fifties my brain has forgotten what cultivar each seed is.

The Saturday after the fourth of July I placed a couple seeds in a wet paper towel and put it in a ziploc baggie to germinate. They both germinated and the result was one male and one female. That was seven weeks ago.

The plant is in a five gallon bucket with a soil mix. I used ocean forest soil and added some more peat moss, perlite, dolomite lime, worm castings, kelp meal, gypsum, bone meal, and some nice dark decayed log from a tree that fell in the woods by my property some twenty odd years ago.

With such a late start I went with LST instead of HST by topping and cropping.

42 Likes

Looking good there… Be curious what the possible strains were, and if we can identify it eventually…

2 Likes

Time traveling beans! This is rad. Really curious what you end up with.

6 Likes

Did you take any clones in case you find a relic?

2 Likes

I love to hear when someone has an easy time germinating old seeds. I have a bunch of random 90s bagseed that could be anything from brick weed (probably most are) to anything premium that came around. No idea how the guy I got them from stored them but I’ve got my fingers crossed.

1 Like

No I wasnt thinking about cloning when I started. If it is something special I will leave some branches and try and reveg for some cloning.

1 Like

I soaked the seeds for ten hours in purified water with a little hydrogen peroxide added. 100ml of water to 1ml hydrogen peroxide. I kept them in the dark at around 72 F. Then I placed them in a wet paper towel until they sprouted.

3 Likes

oh c’mon. bag seed was just in a big baggie. when ya found that coveted seed in the kind bud, you put that shit in a dime bag in that big baggie. LOL…

1 Like

New Balance…tall white socks…hell yeah. Serious dad energy.

Plants looks good. They got a smell yet?

13 Likes

hahahahahaha - i was thinking the exact same when i saw him pimping that gear…
i wasnt going to call him out though. so glad someone did!!!

5 Likes

Lmfao!

They’re clean too. Don’t have that just cut the grass look, my old mans did.

4 Likes

I live about 75 feet away from some woods with a swamp in them. If you walk around my yard the mosquitoes will eat your ankles off. The socks protect my ankles from those little buggers.

5 Likes

HaHa. I got a good chuckle out of that too. “Serious dad energy”

5 Likes

it’s ok, no need to make excuses for your style… you do you :smiley:

4 Likes

Im going to have to include a shot of my lower legs in every picture from now on. :grinning:

6 Likes

as long as you are wearing cut off jean shorts with the outfit im good with that :wink:

2 Likes

I do my best to keep my bare feet outta mine. LOL. yes, I’ve had to re-take shots because they were in the pic. LOL

1 Like

Bonus points if they’re cut high enough that the pockets poke out. Even more bonus points for every inch of pocket hanging.

4 Likes

Im thinking it is a mountain cooler weather variety. It is short and stocky with close internodes. And I think it has a fungal infection from the hot humid air we have around here. The leavers are getting random yellow spots that turn necrotic. I have been trimming and cutting off the worst of the leaves.

9 Likes

This guy gets it. Now pair that with a crisp white “Big Johnson” t-shirt tucked into a brown braided leather belt and the ladies will literally ovulate just by glancing at you.

6 Likes