SquirtleSquads adventures in DWC

Talk about a big middle finger!! Thats huge!!

1 Like

Yeah I’m not a fan of it though.

It’s difficult to explain but what I doing now is draining into the rez from the top. Like a level control safety from an ebb n flo. This seems to smooth out and maintain the right level.

I normally don’t give technical advice but if you like to know more hit me up. A few in our chat room seen some pics of my progress.

1 Like

I told you to have your shop order them in , you’re paying for shipping and handling anyway at the shop without a doubt. I have my boi/gurl at acme order them whenever I need. Same price if not cheaper than hydroton. Wtf happened to the big hydroton scare of a couple years back, they mined all the frigging hydroton and now it’s gone!

Really missing them solstrips. Need more lighting. Got 14 strips shipping Monday. Hopefully.

Autos showed sex. 2 LA diva x low Ryder are males so only 1 female out of the 3.

Uv#1 x low Ryder 3 out of 4 are female.

Hopefully they gain 6 more inches and yield an ounce per would be cool

Gotta move these other two chocolate chunk to flower despite looking garbage

Clones have just started to root after 8 days

6 Likes

Turns out none of the LA Diva are female.

Also turns out the utility pump I bought from home Depot is dead. It churns and makes noise but no water comes out and of course I can’t find the receipt. Bought it like 5 months ago

If you used a card to buy it, they may be able to look it up and give you credit. Depends on the mood they are in. Might be worth a shot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can also buy an identical pump, put the old one in the box, and return it…

4 Likes

hey just wondering is that air pump the pondmaster loud I have an older much smaller version and it was definitely not made for indoor use mineis crazy loud just wondering if they are getting any quieter

1 Like

No more noisier than my GH dual diaphragm which I considered a quiet pump.

Your version of quiet May differ from mine

2 Likes

So as it turns out the pump is not gone. I looked through the troubleshooting guide and said if it’s running the pump is good. Must have been clogged or kinked. Doh! 50ft. Hose problems.

Starting to look good up in there. I raised the poor chocolate chunk that was getting zero light into a 12 gal tote and set it on top of the 27 gal tote. They are currently at 1.3EC total. 1.1EC nutes. Now that the pump is working I’ll do a res change tomorrow. Been almost 3 weeks.

The two chocolate chunks still in veg. Nevermind the shininess. Had flash on. These are at 1.2EC total. 1.0EC nutes.

And the autos. These are at 0.7EC total. 0.5EC nutes.

9 Likes

My flower room is really missing those SolStrips though. Only using (6) QB304s and (2) are a veg spectrum. Running about 30w/sq.ft.

Got 14 X2s coming 6 2700k 6 3500k and 2 450nm/665nm powered by 2 320h. Which should pull 700w+ since my 240s do 260. I’m excited since the spread will be so much better.

4 Likes

Omg I am so excited about the new lightning :blush: You will grow Killer buds! :muscle: keep growing

1 Like

Yeah I’m excited too. Not very excited with the logistics over there. Ordered these on the 16th and I’m being patient but FFS I need these over my plants being productive and not at their shop collecting dust waiting for parts to come in.

I started some old Archive seeds since I need to run through my old stock. They are taking forever to germ. I put 8 grimace OG in paper towels Monday and still nothing as of this morning. They are only 2-3 years old. Should still be viable.

2 Likes

Lights shipped today so hopefully it will get here by Tuesday. Flower is just starting to bud up so good timing.

The autos are already 12" on the big ones and the axial branching is growing up. Debating tying it down. Looks good though for only 0.5EC of feed. 0.7EC total. Everything is stretching well right now. I think I’ll run some more autos. Reiko says they stretch for a couple weeks once they show sex so if this is accurate I got at least another week of growth. These could be pushing 2ft once they are done if they keep up with this growth rate. Interested to see how they stack buds.

The critical hog #4 has such vigorous growth the whole screen is covered in bud sites. Critical hog #2 also has good growth. #5 wasn’t topped so it’s less bushy and has bigger leaves. #1 is the 3rd most vigor. It’s a toss up between #3 and #5 as the ones with the least vigor.

2 Likes

Autos stretched a lot over these past few days.

Flowers are doing good. Snuck in there before lights on

Clones are all rooted

11 Likes

2 more inches since yesterday on the autos. Wow. I’m impressed.

4 Likes

Well the strips came early and were a breeze connecting to the sinks.

Not too happy with how the ballasts came wired up with 20" of AC (was told 4 ft.) and the DC ends were tinned but with 4mm of an end which is not long enough to fit into a wago so I have to cut it out and tin it again.

11 Likes

Its such a beautifull peace of technology :heart_eyes: cant wait! Good luck! :muscle:

2 Likes

After fucking with these stix for the past two hours definitely get these predrilled. Worth the $50 by a long shot. Paid $10 for the two pieces of angle so was really only $40.

I laid them out and checked measurements twice and still had a couple holes I had to turn to slots. Not fun when all the stix are in besides a couple bolts and having to slot it out.

2 Likes