stabilize semi automatics

dear friends, I would like to discuss a topic with you.
Since I was thinking the other day… why aren’t all autoflowering seeds identical? Even those of the best sperm banks. And it occurred to me to think of a conclusion. If you can’t take cuttings of autoflowering plants and can’t keep them as mother plants, then you should grow them from seed. I figured out how to do it… and how would you do it? because doing them only with a Plant would not be ideal, the seeds would run out, even the male Pollen would run out sooner or later. and you would have to start the whole process from scratch and it would no longer be the exact same Plant. I’m curious to hear your answers, then I’ll give you my answer. thanks friends.

2 Likes

I’m creating an IBL and I’ve thought about this a lot. My strategy is going to be to pollinate one branch on each of 10 or more females, and keep the seeds from the one or ones I think are the best.

3 Likes

Make clones. do it first

[image]

1 Like

Is which variety are you making the Ibl?

Double Grape, mostly. AutoFem2IBL(Mephisto Double Grape, Regular)

4 Likes

do you mean ibl Autoflowering? of Mephisto? and how can you make an ibl on the seeds you buy from them, who tells you what generation or category they are? in this case cloning as I wrote to you before cannot be done.

1 Like

I don’t know - you can read about it in the thread if you want to.

2 Likes

did some research on double grape by Mephisto. then Mephisto has the f7. but I saw from another site that it had the f3. I wrote to him and he replied that in 2016 he had bought the seeds and stored them, since he is a collector he is a seller of seeds.

[image]

1 Like

Which seeds - the F3s? I remember reading somewhere that Mephisto went to F7.

1 Like

The Double Grape seeds from the MEPHISTO 2018 LIMITED EDITION RELEASE were F3s. With the subsequent release in 2020 being F7s.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I vaguely remember reading about that.

1 Like

I said that I know of a Seeds bank website, which sells f3 seeds of double grape auto mephisto genetics.

wrote to Mephisto genetic but they haven’t responded yet. I was saying that I know a seed bank that has Mephisto’s double grape auto f3.

[image]

Okay great :+1: