Stain's dirt spot

Evening fine OG folks. This will be our new build and legal medical grow spot.( Blondy and I). 99% of the material in the build is recycled. Wood. plastic, screws, electrical, paint, ballasts soil and pots.

I was raised by my grandparents who lived through the great depression WWII and dust bowl. Spent my youth working on a farm every summer from 8 years old to 20. So I tend to save and pick up various things I think I can use. I’ll dumpster dive, stop and ask, and my fave spot is the transfer station. Pulled a many pickup loads of good stuff out of there. Generators, lawnmowers, welders. power washers, weed eaters ect. ect…I’m a mechanic and welder. If it can be fixed I can fix it.

On with the room.

The room is 7’ x 7’ x7.5’ tall.

This was the laundry room in this old house. The new laundry room is now the next room over. That was a bathroom in the past. I moved the water that was a bath tubs water for the wash machine and put down a liner. Got tired of the machine puking water out from time to time. The liner has a drain that was the tubs drain.

The grow room has the same liner. This liner is what the oilfield uses to line their saltwater/oil tanks/ponds. It will last in the sun for a 100 years. So they say. Picked up the piece from the dump.

Power for the room is 30amp 220v from where the dryer was hooked up. There is also two outlets on separate 15amp breaker for fans. Timer was picked up from the oilfield when they went digital and tossed the old ones. The plugs where from counters that came from a store when they remodled. I was asked to haul them off and did so gladly. Pulled 20 plugs off them. All are 15amp plugs.

Dinner break. I made some man sized rolls.

Until I get the 1000w bulb I put together a 400w MH in some light cans that came from a building that was demolished 10 years ago. Had six but after moving a few times. I’m down to 3. They work and that’s what counts in my book. There is a fart fan for cooling in the top.

Hung it up and fired it up. The room is now ready for some plants. From looking at this picture. I need to put a dimpled reflector in it to cut down on the hot spots. Have some, some where out in the spare parts pile.

This is the veg area for now. Was given a small tent I’ll use also. T5’s with 6500k bulbs. Another trash find. Do need some new bulbs.

One last picture of the 2’x2.5’ flower box running a 400w hps.

Once I get the vegging plants up potted I’ll post their pictures.

Thanks for watching. Allot more to come.

24 Likes

Awe man I’m so with ya on use what you got dive for what you don’t haha

Following along man… Bowl in hand

Its looking great, and that 220 is a godsend

2 Likes

Thanks @GumbyBuds. I could fill pages of pictures of what I’ve drug home.lol

2 Likes

The re-cycle this is totally awesome.
Never mind the following, I just read your post. You are spot on @stain

“The one thing that caught my eye is the reflector. Be sure that with HPS or MH that it doesn’t create hot spots. You can see on the wall that the light spray is not totally diffused. A good reflector might be worth the investment.”

2 Likes

Seen that. I’m going to add some dimpled reflector metal to it. Should help defuse the light.

1 Like

Todays agenda is to drive 120 miles round trip to pick up soil and amendments. The bat guano I use I collect myself. There is a cave close by that the bats use during the summer and leave in the fall. Will be harvesting some more soon.

Will be starting with new soil after the next round of flowering.

9 Likes

is this picture your soil or all guano? (never seen guano…) i think i might try organic dry amendments for half the plants on my next run to compare as it will be a monocrop

1 Like

Do be careful in their habitat. It is easy to damage. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Do you have an area where you can start a compost pile. I would highly recommend this to reduce the overall carbon footprint of your grow immensely. try to follow @lotus710 's Guide Thread.

1 Like

All bat guano. That is how much I get once a year. It is fresh so it needs to be composed. Way hot.

I have a large compost pile. Been composting all my life. When I was a wild child my punishment was turning the compost. I’ve seen phosphorus light up when it was exposed to the air while turning the heap. Cool thing to see.

4 Likes

Know what you mean dude.

1 Like

Great opp you’ve got rolling. New room is looking fantastic. Hell yeah.

2 Likes

Got the vent in and the door on. Just need to seal up where the hot water tank is. Had to remove a wall to get it to the door to fit. Time to fill it up. 1000w should be here in the morning. Going to drop some coin on a 6: cool tube with the XXL reflector.

Nothing in this old house is square as you can see where the vent is. This house was a building in a POW camp in the 40’s. Most of the walls are tung and grove yellow pine under the sheet rock. Sturdy but crooked…

Shot of the aquaponic tank.

13 Likes

This looks interesting.

Lettuce, Onions??

1 Like

I start the onions in the gravel bed then transplant to the garden. The lettuce is eaton a weekly basis. Have kale, radishes and carrots in the GH too. Plus a lot of volintear dill.

2 Likes

I have to close my garden up for the winter. Big time jealous. Massachusetts sleeps for 7 months. :snowflake:

1 Like

We get 3 month of winter here among the tumbleweed, jan feb and march. It was 110f in the GH today.

We get both! Never the same.

2 Likes

Up potted the scraggy girls. They’ve been neglected for the past month while I built out the new room. They will be under the 400 mh till they show new growth then flip.

Hung up the 1000 w to make shore all was working. Let run for an hour till the temps hit 95. Shut it down. Ordering the 6" xxl cool tube hood in the morning. Forgot how much heat it puts out.

Picked up a load of composted cow pies mixed with rosemary. Smells good mixing some of it in the soil. Starting with small amounts till I know how hot it is. Need to learn soil testing and I do have a kit. Just need to teach myself.

Popping some chem 4 x sourbubble can’t wait to see how they turn out.

11 Likes