StarDawg, Grape Ape, DeathStar in Octo’s

@misterbee ONCE you unbox and get 3 weeks into flower your gonna want to kick yourself in the ass for NOT using these sooner :sunglasses: I agree 1000 % with jetdro

3 Likes

One main question…what’s the consensus on Soil composition? I have a handle on the Nutrients I’ll be using, but can’t decide on the soil-makeup. Inputs, PLEASE!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I use pro-mix and add perlite.

4 Likes

Sunshine 4 or pro mix hp is my dirt choice.

4 Likes

And @ShiskaberrySavior grows TREES!!

4 Likes

I was just thinking of bringing back my old tin box thread again !

4 Likes

I figured you’d be starting back up with fall coming in.

2 Likes

Ya procrastinating making seed choices gonna be a large selection of several strains getting picked out. Hopefully all around the same flower times .
Any day now once motivated.

3 Likes

Sunshine 4 or Promix with 25 % more perlite is what I like

4 Likes

Your implants are very leggy compared to what I do . Will be interesting to see how your run goes . I tend to run real tight node spacing , will be good to see much longer spaced plants and how they do in your setup .

You have a great line up in there . Will be a nice flower cycle and we should see some winners .

3 Likes

Looking good there @Joker i cant wait to see how they turn out in your setup. While i ran the deathstar and grape ape earlier this year the grape ate almost twice as much nutes as everything else before she had any nute burn. And that D.s. has the perfect funk to her(almost too much). Hope your run is as good if not better.
I havent gotten the pleasure of the corey haim cut in my garden but i did get the skunkva cut about a week before the b1g wyrm chem so i did a bunch of snooping and strayfox described her as stardawg chem 91 hashplant on roids. And here is farmer joes explanation

Keep it green dude

8 Likes

@MimirKush Thanks for the info on the Grape Ape. I know the mom I have of her drinks more than the others. I will try and ramp up her nutes and see what she does!!

6 Likes

She will be like that all through flower too… I keep feeling like i wasnt giving her enough but she got all sorts of loud. This is grape ape running at around 1600-1800 ppm dwc

14 Likes

Exactly what I do untill the plants take over the tent lol

6 Likes

This is great info here!!! Awesome thread @Joker … out of likes but it would have gained quite a few throughout…

6 Likes

Anyone fall over yet ?

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nope. All standing strong!

5 Likes

Friend grew Grape Ape maybe 7 or 8 years ago. Brought some on a rafting trip we did in the hill country.
I brought like 5 different strains. He brought 1. Grape Ape. We smoked ALL of it. DELICIOUS, very very strong, just killer weed it was! He is a master grower, the buds were so good i thought about them for 5 years. Most say she is all taste, his had BITE too!

6 Likes

I’m hoping! Right now I have it and an old school Grand Daddy Purp. Sourced locally from a friend that is a second Gen grower. His dad found this cut and kept it for the high and flavor.

Just finished a run of the GDP. Love the high from her. I can’t taste shit in general. Smoked to many cigarettes in my life to taste weed. Everyone else raves about the taste.

This grow of the Grape Ape is to see which one is better. Better structure, high, taste, etc. As long as they are close, will keep each around for a 2nd run and decide then. Have a better understanding of each plant.

5 Likes

His Ape came from seed, do not know who’s.

1 Like