StarDawg, Grape Ape, DeathStar in Octo’s

Yes that’s the basics but over time we’ve learn to tweak things to our and the plant needs

3 Likes

First 3 weeks of flower we favor building leaf n stem

As stretch finishes we transition to no longer a high N percentage and ramp up P and K so plants build bud not leaf n stem . Just following their natural progression

Gradual ramp up then gradual ramp down

It’s not about the actual ppm numbers but about the RATIOS OF N P and K to each other .

I personally believe because I’ve seen it 15 times now the plant wants certain npk values at certain times .

Just providing them with it , never going backwards always pushing FORWARD

10 Likes

Understand I’m using inert soul mix no feed in it. It is also loose , doesn’t hold water or nutes well , and does not hold excess nutes .

Why I feed every water , why I can alter ratios very quickly . Why my ppm values are seemingly very low . It’s a steady push forward all the time . No lost time constantly pushing plant to its next mission .

Saturday tent 1 at my place stops getting a high percentage of N and will be pushed forward into bud building by providing what they want to make bud , low N higher P and K . It’s a slow ramp up over 2 weeks time .

4 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Can you make sense of it now ?

3 Likes

good explanation :+1:

3 Likes

Appreciate the info beer3|nullxnull , how do you know when the plant stops stretching, any clue? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

3 Likes

I see them I watch them
I know all will go at least 2.5 to 3 weeks some of mine stretch a full 4 weeks like my Haze just did .

They jump at night will see the jump in the mornings .

When they no longer jump for 3 days it’s over . When I see them settle in and stop going vertical

I change my npk ratios

That’s where I’m at now in tent 1 . All but the Haze finished their stretch by start of week 4
Ogah continued to stretch going 1 to 3 inches every night . She stopped yesterday no taller this morning . Her stretch is over or will be in days . Why the mute change Saturday

8 Likes

Hope @Joker doesn’t mind us talking in here . I don’t care in my threads

He might ???,

6 Likes

Oooooops, hope he won’t whistle|nullxnull , good info is always good info wherever it is, thanks for your help … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Nope!! Don’t mind at all. I love discussions like this!!

4 Likes

I have to say I have enjoyed it too. This whole thread, as a matter of fact:) I can see I’m going to learn a lot.

6 Likes

Yup
Go see my tale of two tents thread if you want more

I’ve run your pots so many times now I feel like their my own lol . Learned a few things too about them

FIX THE FILL GUAGE ON THE 2 gallons .

Other than that YOU make the best product on the market HANDS DOWN BROTHER

I HAIL OCTOCHRIS And bow at your genius sir!! @Octochris

6 Likes

Happy to have you along for the ride!! @Octochris

5 Likes

@Jetdro thanks so much sir, I had time to look this over and it makes sense. So since I am on coco/perlite octopots with a out the tap EC 0.3 ppm 150: in order to follow the Forward feed would be

veg period all one of urban nutrients something. could you share more info?

on flip use jack’s 10-30-20
Week 1-3 - 1 teaspoon 10 30 20 per gallon

Week 4 - ?
Week 5 - 1 teaspoon per gallon of 50/50 mix of 10 30 20 and the 5 12 26

week 6 on - 1 teaspoon per gallon of 5 12 26.

any EC/ppm ranges? of just watch the plant?

@Octochris So nice to have you here!! Love Octos!!

4 Likes

@SaintAliasKnife Here is a typed schedule I found on OG. Don’t remember who posted it.

This is the schedule I use. I just substitute Jacks 20-20-20 for the TVF.

Hope that helps.

7 Likes

oh frakking outstanding!! Thank you sir! @joker, love your work. I’ll buy you the next crowbar .

3 Likes

Ha! That was me. I could barely read the handwritten one. I had to type it.

7 Likes

Sorry @middleman. I would have acknowledged you, but hell if I could remember who did it!!

6 Likes

No worries. I don’t deserve acknowledgement. I didn’t come up with that schedule. I just typed it up so it was easier for me to read.

4 Likes