StarDawg, Grape Ape, DeathStar in Octo’s

place it up under your light. You WILL NOT need it for 5 weeks unless your airflow has been poor and YOU caused floppy itis.

2 Likes

Place all your yoyo’s when you raise light. Makes it much easier to just reach u and snatch one .

Dont use net till you need to , till they go wide nuff you have to contain them. Net is used for containmnet as much as support in my tents. When they start really running into each other i will lower the net and place them as i want them into the squares. It will come to you as you do it.

4 Likes

She grows fast in veg but the stretch isn’t anything too crazy. I’d say a pretty standard 1.5 - 2X stretch. Nothing close to LA Confidential, TK, or this Kali Mist that were closer to 3X.

5 Likes

Forward growing means pushing the plant forward, NOT stripping her energy from her as she starts to hit her stride…

Ok. Now that does make a LOT of sense.

@Jetdro

Also apart from all the other stuf I talk about defol in flower , you are also pushin leaf’s to be growen at the top of canopy leading to poorer light penetration were main colas / buds are being growen : )
Counter productive
Like crab pot fishermen chopping up starfish and throwing them overboard thinking they were killing them ,when really they were exploding the population that’s why defolers say wow I extreme defoled 4/5 days ago and look at the extreme growth you wouldn’t even think I done it , I’m going to have to do it again
Plant is in flower and should be concentrating on putting energy to makin bud , not leafs in flower stage

@ifish thank you. That really makes it sink in.

4 Likes

So, @ifish @Jetdro I am I’m the first week of the flip. Probably 14 days of 20-20-20 left.

Shave their legs, but DON’T take any fan leaves, only if they are shading budsites. Better plan?

Thanks to both for your help!!

6 Likes

We have different opinions on this.

I just spent 8 hours in my two tents
My assistant and I are now at Waffle House

Be home in an hour will answer your question

:laughing:

4 Likes

Ill give you my opinion, then @ifish can give you the correct one, lol :sunglasses:

Plants work by photosynthisis. Need leaf to process. See folk strip them bare, to buds n stems. I DO NOT.
I want my plants to have all the photo light they can gather, leafs do that.

I pull long stemed leaf, anything blocking a bud site, or lower shit that will never reach canopy and drain plant of energy. Thats it.

About to post pics of Tent 2. Pulled it apart, defol’d, placed a net, put back in, check out what i did and see MY METHOD, then ask fish, decide on YOUR METHOD

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

I agree with defol of the lower parts but leaving most of the fan leaves, unless the fans are blocking bud sites or are down way to low… the fan leaves are how the plants absorb the energy from the light

5 Likes

Not the correct answer just a different one lol
Better tent management , Less plants or flip smaller /sooner
Use the power of the octos to your advantage and shave of a lot of veg time , equals less work and a quicker turnaround so more runs per year etc
If light penetration is only in top third of plants , that’s two thirds of plant that you did not need to spend time electric and nutes growing
: )
If I had an 8ft tent I wound consider splitting in halve and grow on two levels , if max yield was required and plant numbers was not an issue and I wanted to fill tent bottom to top and maximise light penetration
: )

10 Likes

I think it is just a matter of what your goals are, not so much adifference in opinion, I have grown both ways. For max yield or “commercial” and a recreational style grow. They require different methods to attain the goals you set

4 Likes

Day 7

Flipped to flower 7 days ago. Plants are really taking off. Pulled the net and going to place it again in the future. Just want it as support.

I will do some clean up Sunday or Monday. Overall, really happy with growth so far.

25 Likes

Good feeding, plants look happy, proper! Nice and clean .

Your going to have a very full tent. What size is it @Joker

2 Likes

Wow! Amazing growth already.

5 Likes

Looking great! :fire:

2 Likes

It’s a 5x5 and with past experience, 6 Octo’s are almost to much. That’s the reason I have been so brutal with the defol.

10 Likes

I raised the Octo’s a couple of inches for the DeathStars. They are in the front. Can’t wait to try her!!

6 Likes

Looking great, brother…

1 Like

They are lookin nice! How tall are they? I just moved mine into flower yesterday :hushed:

1 Like

You will not be sorry, they totally turned my harvest around, your yields will be awesome!

3 Likes