StarDawg, Grape Ape, DeathStar in Octo’s

Oh I know! Was just being a smartass!

5 Likes

After talking with @schmarmpit yesterday, switching nutes a week early on the Grape Apes. First fill of 5-12-26 tonight. These smooshed buds should really blow up and be super smooshed!! :roll_eyes::thinking::innocent:

These buds are from the side I didn’t defol.

18 Likes

alot of frosty goodness ripening right there… the buds look rock hard

4 Likes

A couple more from the defoled side.

22 Likes

Day 50

Chugging right along. I will raise my lights tomorrow. Have some light burn on some buds.

23 Likes

And in the other tent, the 3 Grand Daddy Purps.

This SFV

And this Blue Dream

Should have been put in the Octo’s last week. Well, sometimes life just gets in the way. There’s times I’m just lucky to keep everything alive!

20 Likes

Hallelujah!! I Finally got the last two plants in the Octo’s. Will give them 7-10 days to settle, then flipping this tent.

Front is a SFV and back is Blue Dream.

16 Likes

How long until u chop the ones in flower?? They look great! Mine are a week behind urs and like 2 weeks ago i realized i def needed a trellis i had to tie everything up with twine the nuggets were getting to heavy :neutral_face: it looks like a bomb went off in the tent, lesson learned tho

6 Likes

The Grape Ape goes 9 weeks and the other 2 go 10. So 2 and 3 weeks.

10 Likes

What’s the verdict on the left and right , any difference ?

3 Likes

I’ve been sick as shit for the past 4 days. Barely keeping everything watered. Will try and take pics later tonight.

9 Likes

What’s your thoughts tho ? You thinkin defol next time or not ,
Don’t often get side by side comparisons just curious , either way , love first hand experiences
: )
Hope you start feelin better : )

6 Likes

For sure… it sucks being down like that… hope u feel better bro!!

5 Likes

I will always defol. With 6 plants in Octo’s it definitely helps with RH. After the plants are cut and dried I will get a much better idea on bud structure and weight difference between each side. But at this point, I doubt I defol as extreme as I did on the left side.

9 Likes

How long do you usually veg for ?

1 Like

Well, that is a good question that depends on how you look at it! I run everything from clone. After they have roots, they spend 1-2 weeks in solo cups in the mom/clone tent. Then are placed in the Octo’s in the 5x5. This round, 3 weeks before flipped, but have gone 35 days before. Make sense?

3 Likes

That’s why I started to mainline the plants less vegetation bigger buds

4 Likes

Would you consider , instead of solos going straight to octos and use jets turbo method and flip after one week 2-3 a pot ???
Just something to ponder , take your mind of your sickness : )

Less foliage , less time , so lower rh , more runs per year , more colas maybe too , top to bottom , bonus of better light penitration and less trim jail ?

3 Likes

Lol. I would consider anything. I already use the turbo method. But why 2-3 to an Octo? So run 18 clones in a 5x5?

I use your forward feeding schedule. But I can’t ever use 1.5 tsp/gal without tip burn.

3 Likes

Yes 2-3 an octo
You would shave of 7+ weeks of veg time
That’s nearly doubling your grows per year

Easy , then give 1.25 spoons , better to be lighter than heavier on feeding and up pk sooner too

Forward growing is a style/concept it’s up to you to tweek to suit you your plants and grow envioment etc , nothing is fixed , only the theory / goals kindoff
Example , every grow slightly lower n , then one grow they will fade to early ( still on 1/3/3 and not at end of 1/2/5 and lower ppm
Then you will know grow befor n is good baseline etc plus you get to read plants better and better
Then after n is done start upping the pk in flower , then once that sorted start lowering the p at finish etc

4 Likes