Started growing September 1st indoor on a small budget

I started September 1st on a small budget with

a Chinese grow tent 2x2x3
2- 5 gallon Aurora pots
1-mars hydro ts-600
1 dual mini Chinese fans
One strain(the best one)- raspberry pebbles X blue magoo BX2 #6
The other is a unknown raspberry mix Most likely Sativa dominant

Im currently one week into flower and need all the tips and pointers I can get I would have done a full grow diary but wanted to handle legalities first which successfully went through

I feed my girls advanced nutrients micro,grow,and bloom as well with liquid karma,cal-mag and raw silica

This one isn’t doing so well but I’m still giving her a shot just since it’s my first grow

This ones my small prize right now

24 Likes

Nice to meet you KidKarma.I started back after a few years away from growing on Sept 2nd .Had a 1500 budget to start with vegged my plants for 26 days and now 33days in to flower…I have a bunch of chinese burple lights being working great for me.

You got a nice decent set up to get growing and doing well by the look of things.

Looks like your off to a great start.Looking at your first pic and going one week into flower i would suggest getting your canopy opened up and doing selective pruning to have nice air flow through them as they go through the 2week flower stretch.

I do alot of training ,tucking and selective pruning.You can check out my thread Auto Training 101 it may give you some ideas or you can find lots of great techniques from a vast array of great growers here…Will pin your thread and tag along.

Cheers
Smkn

8 Likes

Hey @KidKarma, welcome to Over Grow, nice grow you have going. :+1:

Sounds like you have the bases covered with your nutriment selection, but I think I’m seeing a possible deficiency - potassium maybe? in the 2nd photo and maybe one leaf in the 1st. If so, that might be a pH issue. :thinking:
Have you been checking the pH of your water?
(Other folks here are better at spotting deficiencies than I am…)

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Be careful with the nitrogen

1 Like

Thanks for the great feedback I’m gonna work on the canopy and check out your Thread :grinning:

3 Likes

Hello, @Gpaw My ph ranges from 6.5 through 7 I don’t have a digital tool so the liquid results can be a little off but I’ll look into taking it easy with nitrogen and looking into the potassium deficiency

Thanks y’all👍🏽

4 Likes

@KidKarma I appreciate the fact you are on a small budget, and that you are sharing your grow with us here. It’s not about how much you spend on your growing equipment, but instead its all about the quality of attention that you give to your plants. You will soon get dialed in to your plants needs and they will be rewarding you by filling your tent with big fat juicy buds.

4 Likes

@santogold i did the small budget grow to start a new hobby with everything going on and so far it’s going great if everything works out I’ll soon do a bigger area with one plant for a larger grow,I’ve loved it so far and can’t wait to see this baby shine but I wanted to ¿ask?

Pollen sacks or male?or to early to tell?

5 Likes

6 Likes

You got a stud there. From what I see it actually looks like a decent male specimen, if you were inclined to make some seeds hehe. Otherwise get him out of there and free up space.

4 Likes

Damn really wanted some flower for my first grow but will definitely pull it out and clean up I’ll start over but with one plant so i can have a more focused grow, I actually have a flowering plant outside I’m going to try and bring in after I get everything situated in the tent. The plants small but can possibly provide a little bit of bud since I literally grew it when fall began and I left it outside; as for my big plant in the tent right now if anyone knows how to make feminized seeds with gibberellic acid im all ears as I do have some as I don’t mind the seeds the plant will be outside. I’m gonna look for some seeds and will soon start a new grow diary from scratch!! if everything is successful with the male plant Im interested in trades:)

1 Like

If your only going to start one plant then you want to start a femminized seed.Other wise you face the challenge of getting another male with only one plant.If you have a plant outside flowering and can bring it in.When its time to harvest leave a few small branches and buds on it and reveg it.then you can take take cutting to root and grow sure females all winter

2 Likes

Making fem seeds is usually done with a silver solution, treating a female plant so it produces pollen. If you mean turning your current seeds into females, good luck.
Head over to the trading post, the free seeds and clones thread and be friendly… careful as it leads down the rabbit hole of seed collecting :rofl:. If you’re state becomes legal, saying where you are can help generate local help and clones.

3 Likes

Uploading: image.jpg… Okay this is my female I’ll most definitely reveg as it was very hardy (in a very hot season) but i wouldn’t mind starting from seed just because I don’t know how the genetics would be from stress in the reveg @SmknCanuck
@Seamonkey84 I’ll look into the silver solution Ill most likely just start from seed as I know for sure I have some feminized seeds but I’ll definitely check out the trading post and locally!

4 Likes

6 Likes

Anyone have a clue on about how much longer from this stage in flower as the pistils started forming on top this week

1 Like

Six weeks.

1 Like

took a clone at beginning of flower looks like she’s doing great

5 Likes