Starting a 2nd grow

Though not optimal, the small cups will keep them small for a while still. How long do you have to wait?

Just started the 12/12 as I had trouble getting everything I needed to vent the tent without light. Yes, in hind sight they should have flipped sooner.

So, what is going to happen, is we are going to try to detour a little bit. Do you have anything between the solo cup and the 1 gallon container. Maybe we can try a couple of intermediate transplants to slow them a little. Also, once they start to get big, we can try a little bit of pruning, etc, but we may need to buy as many as 3 weeks, which will be a little rough. Can I see a picture of the floor of your flower tent as well. Please step back enough so I can see the whole floor area if possible. Maybe we can sneak a couple of the flip ready babies in along side the others that are finishing up.

These are regular seeds too, so there is a chance you will see 2 or 3 males.

Young plants among the older plants.

4 Likes

This is the best I got for tonight as the lights go out at 8 to 8, best dark outside as lots of pin holes from sewing in the tent.

The babies are on the shelves in the spare bathroom with the T5

4 Likes

I’m guessing the two tuff big boys are male :slight_smile: Hopefully the other three are girly girls.:womens:

1 Like

OK. The plants in flip are going to be re-potted to larger containers fairly soon, yes?

When you get a chance, place a couple of empty 3 gallon containers in the tent along side the 1 gallon. This will give a sense of what kind of room we would have.

We’ll let the plants stay in the solo cups until they are really starting to complain. We may need to seek advise on how best to keep them healthy. I try not to do this to my plants, and have no experience with tending to root bound plants, except to re-pot.

I am hopeful we can organize things and squeeze in a huge couple of crops.

99%

I am liking the look of 4th from the left. :eye:

I was going to put the 2 big ww into 5 gal if you think I need to. The littles are still happy.
In the first grow WW thread has some photos I took showing how much room.
https://overgrow.com/t/first-grow-fem-ww/

2 Likes

Yes, yes, the 5 gallons. See how 1 or two of those look in the space along side the 1 gallon. Imagine the babies in the 1 gallon and the big ones in the 5’s and 3’s.

Hopefully we will find room at the inn.

99%

1 Like

Have you any good suggestions for prolonging plants that are root bound good sir?

Yeah I just need to be able to 20/24 the babies and 12/12 the WW. During that time they cant share.

We are all in this together.

Sure I keep bonsai moms in small pots for months on end. They easily can stay in those cups for a week more. Frequent topping will prevent root growth, and root pruning is also an option.

3 Likes

Another option would be to put them under the flower tent’s CMH and move them out at night under the T5. They only need enough light to interrupt the light cycle and keep from flowering.

1 Like

Think we are under an LED in flower now. Will this change things being cooler?

Not at all, the important part is the T5. It’s just to keep the plant in veg. The bad part is the constant moving of plants.

OK, this should be tight, but workable.

Please keep an eye over our shoulders.

2 Likes

I got your backs :thumbsup:

1 Like

Yeah I got a led and took the CMH out, I may have an idea for the babies I have a closet under the stairs. It used to be cold and drafty. I put carpet in filled in the cracks and holes. There are two lines running thru it carring 170 degree water from the wood boiler to the house. I had planed on using it for a hang closet and still can as I hope they get done at different times.

1 Like

This is a great idea. Take pics of that grow too!

(Necessity, the mother of invention)

2 Likes