Starting a 2nd grow

We’ll do our best!

99% & company!

I wanted to update the Hurk babies. The first two were always the same height and taller than the other three. Number one has slowed way down. Is that an indication of needing something? Food, putting down roots?

6 Likes

Their roots get bound in those cups faster than one might think. A gentle transplant soon would be a good idea IMO

3 Likes

By slowed, do you mean it just isn’t getting taller? No problem. We like plants that aren’t Oak Trees. Tall ones are often the males, but this is not a universal truth. These plants look healthy and I see nothing to worry about.

We are hoping to delay as long as possible.

1 Like

After three weeks in those cups, they got a new home.

7 Likes

These plants look fine.

I think we will see some big growth from here.

99%

3 Likes

New h

ome for the Hurkle and GM. Hurkle is under a SunBlaz 22 (2’ 2 bulbs) T-5

4 Likes

You’ve got some nice space now.

Let’s fill it up.

1 Like

They are loving the new space.

They are sharing the space with the tomatoes, peppers and marigolds.

3 Likes

What happens if you put tomato seedlings in a tent under HPS and 12/12?
:cowboy_hat_face:

I don’t know @oleskool830, what happens? (sounds like a knock knock joke). :imp:
I sprouted Marigolds and a tomato plant yesterday.

Tomatoes need full sun and at least eight hours of light to produce any fruit. Temperatures should be in the range of 65 F. (18 C.) or more indoors.

3 Likes

We might get the chance to find out soon. This one poppled out of my compost pile a couple of weeks ago.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info!

Yeah @99PerCent. I’m gonna put a couple of heirloom tomato plants in the tent and see what happens. Wait, is that safe for my special plants?
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Up date of the Hurkles:
I had the two large ones sexed as I had two test left open and paid for. I was sure they were males but tested female so were put in 3gal pots with the new soil and Ful-power 15ml per gal. Three Hurkle and a GM are in the not sure tray.
ROOT GROWTH on the two tested female.

Two tested Hurkle in new home.

3 Likes

Very good timing on the re-potting.

Not totally root bound. Plants should adjust nicely.

How many females do you think you can manage at once in the flowering tent?

1 Like

With the WW I could put in 2-3 small ones. The WW will be gone one way or the other before the GM girls.
I could even put the set of shelves and double stack them.

Tomatoes are a little different from cannabis in their growing and blooming characteristics. They grow and bloom at the same time most preferably at 18hours light. 12 Hours light should work also, but the more light hours the better with tomatoes. I have some in my Vegroom aswell.

Your cannabis looks lush and happy!

Be well.

1 Like

I am intrigued by the shelves. Where did you get those? Are they in a 4X4? :cowboy_hat_face:

No I couldn’t find 4X4 and these are part of the frame. The company that makes them makes outside greenhouses and furniture. They made a heavy dark cover and added the top pieces and called it a grown tent. It is really a cloning tent. The material to close up access holes isn’t light prof and there isn’t any passive venting. It is good for my veg tent. I looked at their stand alone shelves and they only make 5X5 and 6X6 for their outside green houses that make the U.
These are the stand alone:
http://www.flowerhouses.com/exy-shelving/

I see they have added two levels of cover for their green houses since I got mine a month ago.

1 Like