Starting a 2nd grow

:cowboy_hat_face:

OK, all Five raised the same. I thought the two taller were male and had two test left on the cards. They came back female for sure not even a “?” behind them. These two were up potted into three gal with my new homemade soil @ReikoX helped me make. All watered with FLO-Power and than only plain water. Soaked and dry cycle. They are in the cleaned tent and am afraid of more hermmis and boys.

The one female is having issues. I am having no luck sexing the other three between bifocals and cataracts. (new this year).
I even got a micro for the camera. I still can’t figure it out.
He is the one poor girl.

This is some fan leaves;

1 Like

Here are all five;

3 Likes

Looks over fertilized and something is eating on it.

That is what I was told before so they were getting PH adjusted water only. I took the loop to see but, not finding something. Roots looked good when I transplanted.

Those round spots are from insects. Mites would be my guess. The evidence is the damage. It is happening. I don’t know what else would make those marks.

If this is the only one with these symptoms, separate it from the others by a large margin.

If you have spider mites we will need to determine this pretty quickly.

Not sure what the best method for controlling spider mites. Hope they are not.

Here is one site that is on it.

There are many on this site who can help too.

3 Likes

I have DE on hand and it says it will kill the mites, I will use this in the am to get on them. I used a 60X scope and didn’t find anything doesn’t mean the little burger aren’t there better to be safe.
After cleaning out the hemmies and taking out and cleaning the tent I had made a trail of DE around the bottom of the tent before putting in the liner. In the class I use to pour it out of I found a dead bug that might have been a thrip.
I will be moving that plant to the far side of the tent.

Thank you all for you input and suggestions. Tell me this gets easier.

So, how’s the weather there this week, lol.

You are doing well, but your having to learn a lot of hard lessons early.

If it turns out be SM, a thorough refinish (paint) of the rooms where you grow is pretty much in order to be certain you have encapsulated any eggs. :paintbrush:

They are in tents. I could wash the walls down with the insecticide.

Notice the total lack of bugs on the plants?

If we are dealing with SM, they are scattered throughout your space and laying eggs where ever they happen to land.

Do the best you can with Pest Management techniques and frequent cleanings and when you are ready to stop growing for a short period, this is when the refinish would best occur.

If you checked the suspect plant with a scope and didn’t see any insects I have to wonder if mites could be the problem based on a few leaves off one plant. Keep checking for mites. You can see them with a normal magnifying glass normally on the underside of the leaves. Little black dots.

If it does turn out to be mites try this https://growthefficiency.com/product/method-1-pps/

DE is not the best way to deal with mites. The little bastards are hard to kill and highly destructive.

2 Likes

Thanks @ray,

I have not had the pleasure of an infestation. We both are learning here.

99%

1 Like

I’m looking for little black dot? I was looking for little white things. Is Neem oil a better choice as both claim to kill them.

1 Like

From another site

The first sign of destructive spider mites on your plants is tiny yellow spots or specks which start in a small area and then spread all over the leaves. It is much easier to see white eggs of these insects than spider mites themselves. Usually, these pests accumulate on the bottom of leaves and look like tiny dots. If spider mites’ infestation is severe, there will be webbing. There is a good method to test for spider mites. Hold a piece of paper under a leaf and shake it. Do tiny specks fall on the paper? Are they moving? If the answer is yes, then these are spider mites.
Read more: http://pestkill.org/insect/mites/spider-mite/

I have unfortunately, from some cuttings sent to me. Cuttings are the most common way mites get passed around. Always always isolate any cuttings or plants from outside sources until you are absolutely certain they are pest free.

One of the easiest ways I know of to check for mites is to put on a pair of those surgical latex gloves and run your fingers over every surface of the plants. Mites bleed green when squished and you’ll see it on the glove.

It’s not a bad idea for any grower to spray the crap out of the garden with Method 1 right before you start flowering.

3 Likes

Neem oil is only somewhat effective but it can work. First squish as many as you can then spray with neem oil paying close attention to the underside of the leaves.

With a 60X you should be able to see them eating. Black dots are what you’ll see using a normal magnifying glass.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. I haven’t brought in any cuttings. I have only gotten seed. Will get some gloves mine are purple.

You don’t need the gloves if you are not bothered by squished bugs on your fingers.

1 Like

Don’t bother me if I can find and see the little buggers No threads or web.

1 Like