Starting Over after 15 years

The 2 strains I’m most impressed with so far are Guawi and Durban Thai x C99 from FDM seeds. Both strains have taken a little abuse and performed exceptionally in less than optimal growing conditions. I’m expecting the yields to be the highest from those 2. Both strains are very easy to clone, the DT X c99 cuttings springs roots very fast.

I’ve never used co2 in my garden, ironically I use a lot of it on my SPFX gigs. My current garden temps and RH are lower than they should be for optimal growth.

That reminds of some of the reactions I got from a G13 cross (Fig Widow X G13) . Even the most seasoned toker swore it was laced with something. Sativa wise I had a Vietnamese Black (anon version) that most hard core smokers couldn’t get past 3 hits. So it will be fun to have a strain of that caliper again. I grabbed 3 Feminized Zam. seeds and 10 regular. I plan to make some seeds for personal use.

I hear ya but I always had a mixed garden. I got stupid this time with 10 strains, 3 from clone and 7 from seed. Half of my canopy is 5’ and growing, the other half is 3’ and growing. It’s becoming a constant game of moving, elevating and adjusting. Last time around I had a Neville’s Haze keeper than went 18 weeks and tried it’s best to reach 20’ high.

I have a nice Durban Punch male and lots of potential ladies to try and create some special progeny with.

6 Likes

Thai Chi is the first to sprout

5 Likes

Malawi X Panama

Panama

Bruce Banner #3 X Apollo 11 f4

Guawi

Kali China

14 Likes

Looking nice Ray. Running a similar rig of strips myself. With some cobs thrown in for good measure. stumbled across your thread on an early morning read and glad I did. Nice work. Any pics of your light rigs up

2 Likes

Nice bud .:blush: mechelle x

1 Like

Thanks. After seeing the beautiful job you did with your rig mine looks like a hot mess. I have 2 4’ rigs with 6 SOL strips and 1 Red/Blue strip, 12 Sol strips and 2 Red/Blue strips in total. Currently both rigs are underpowered especially for flowering. The SOL strips on both are powered by a 320 watt driver or about 26 watts per strip. The Malawi top is within 1/2" of a SOL strip with no ill effects. Which tells me she could use a lot more light. The Red/Blue strips have a 100 watt driver.

I’m in a 5’X5’ with one rig hanging about 3.5’ off the floor and the other is almost 6’ off the floor. Not something I normally would like to do but being my first grow in a long time combined with strains that want to get 20’ high and others that never reach 4’ high it’s a jury rigged mess.

3 Likes

Sounds like you got it in order whether it’s a mess or not bro. I’m powering 10 strips on the same driver as you. And 10 cluo38 1206’s on a 320h c700a. Definitely overkill for a 4x2 but always getting carried away lol. I’m still trying to dial in my environment fully. First time growing in a shed. Slightly different from bedroom’s and attic’s. Sure I’ll find my feet again soon enough. And you will too bro just keep plowing

2 Likes

The next cycle will be more uniform, clones are vegging and I’ll grab another 240 watt driver before then.

On the bright side the light rig on lower side of the garden is creating some big buds on the ladies in the higher side of the garden.

2 Likes

Kali China is out frosting everyone so far. Sorry for the crappy pics.

11 Likes

It all looks really good.

2 Likes

Malawi X Panama @ 6 weeks is slightly frostier than the Malawi and that main cola should end up about 20" long and hopefully nice and fat. Stem rub gives off a lemony smell the Panama is known for.

Guawi @ 6 weeks, this thing is a beast should be a huge yielder. I have 2 Guawi females, one is just like mom and the other just like dad.

The DTC99 has suffered from my mistakes working with the new soil. Between the lights and water only soil I need to get everything dialed in. New DTC99 clones are vegging. Despite my abuse the end results are looking impressive all things considered.

The violetta is finished, The Bruce Banner #3 X A11 f4 is almost done, SPG is swelling up nicely, Kali China is just about done and the Panama is doing great.

8 Likes

Guawi looks to have about 2 weeks to go

Malawi about week from harvest

Going to give the Malawi X Panama at least another 2 weeks

Everything else has been harvest dried and is curing in jars.

The replacements have arrived. Purple Haze x Malawi, Thai Chi, Panama Haze, Zamaldelica.

BB x A11, DTC99, SPG are vegging waiting for space to open up. I have 3 great DTC99 phenos it’s going to be tough to narrow it down to one keeper.

No more schwagg…:ok_hand:

14 Likes

Lots of great work going on here Ray.

Like riding a bike I guess.

Plants look fine.

2 Likes

I made lots of newbie mistakes, funny how those pics never get posted. I think at one point I over watered almost every plant in flower. The DTC99 was badly root bound.

I can’t get over how well the DTC99 turned out in spite of my abuse. Can’t wait to flower the batch of clones thinking about how potentially kick ass this strain will turn out.

7 Likes

I knew I wasn’t the only one to bury the bones.

2 Likes

oh, but they should, and sometimes do. :wink: i grew ‘conspiracy kush’ last year, from “heroes of the farm” & TGA/subcool. at some point i came across this instagram thingamabob, where the hereoes show they are sometimes zeroes:

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/zerosofthefarm/?hl=en

:evergreen_tree:
c.s

That Malawi x Panama looks great!
How’d the BruceApollo’s turn out?

1 Like

Great , I like both phenos, both have a lot of Genius traits. 3 clones of each pheno are ready to flower as we speak. I’ll be holding on to both phenos for quite a while.

The Malawi x Panama is Panama dominant with a nice lemony smell. Yield is a little better than the Malawi and about equal with the Guawi.

The Panama x Malawi is getting rave reviews with some of the growers who have grown many or most of Ace’s strains saying they consider it the best. I just ordered some Panama x Malawi so I can see for myself. Also going to grow out some Orient Express regulars in search of Vietnamese dominant keeper. That about covers all the Ace strains I’m interested in. I’ll give Tropical seeds a try next.

6 Likes

For sure, great to hear! That Apollo11 genius seems to breed super strong. 2 is a little fatter and seems to look like genius a lil more but the 1 I think I like the flavor a lil more. Def nice yielders. Glad you liked em man! Totally made my day. Lmk if you wanna run it crossed with Sakura (Bubba x (Lavender x GreenCrack/TresDawg)) or any of my other new crosses. Hit a couple things with a BruceApollo male too. Banana kush and Fainting Goat (GoldenGoat x DurbanPoison) may be up your alley.

Keep us posted on the Orient Express. I’ve heard raving reviews about that strain.

3 Likes

I’m going to hit a few of the ladies with the Durban Punch male. I have a good feeling about some Sweet Pink Grapefruit X Durban Punch progeny.

I’m thinking about Bruce Apollo x (Purple haze x Malawi) and Panama Haze x Durban Punch as well.

4 Likes