Starting to notice a deficiency

Hey guys,
I have some blue diesel in veg for 4 weeks, there under a 250 watt MH and I’m feeding general organics, I’m mixing a light dosage of grow 3ml, calmag 1.60ml, half of a teaspoon of bioweed, 1 ml of DNF green, I’ve found that I have to adjust the pH even while using the general organics GO line, I digress… I mix the nutrient solution in a 4 litre bottle, and I’m starting to notice a deficiency in one of the 3 plants that I can’t properly identify, please take a look.

1 Like

1 Like

Have you tried checking out this as it’s hard to tell in the pictures you posted. If it’s the tips that are starting to get an orange/brownish brun like color, it’s possibly a potassium issue. I don’t really check the PH when I feed as I grow in soiless organic medium so I’m curious how you are measuring the PH? Do you measure after you feed (the run off) or before you feed? I’ve read so many articles going back and forth on weather you should check ph when growing in soil it’s very confusing.

2 Likes

Thanks Zuka,
It looks like the beginning of a nitrogen def.
I appreciate the diagram.

2 Likes

My pleasure, it was really hard to tell cause they are looking good to me. Maybe they just want a little extra nutrients now that they are 4 weeks old.

2 Likes

Agreed, I’m going to increase the nitrogen dose in the next feeding.

1 Like

they look perfectly fine to me dude

2 Likes

Perhaps I’m jumping the gun, tips are a bit yellow, if anything I’ll try a .25 ml increase of N

@Zuka do you know if there is a poster of that chart? Would love to have that hanging in the grow room.

3 Likes

Likely you need more nitrogen but just in case…

Let’s look a little at the water you are using:
What is it’s source (well, municipal, RO)?
What is the untreated pH?
When you say “that I have to adjust the pH” do you mean to compensate for pH drift or something else?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Hey Gpaw,
Using the GO box and I’ve found that I still need to adjust the pH, I’m using city water. I’m going to increase my nitrogen.

1 Like

I’ve increased nitrogen level, pH is at 6.2, looks stable so far, Champagne Diesel and California Gold seedlings are coming along as well.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t know of one personally, but I don’t think it would be hard or too expensive to take a copy to a print shop and have a poster made (if the copyrights permit it).