Strain Chat, What does anyone know of Jack Herer, Trainwreck and White Widow Autos?

trainwreck is an Arcata CA emerald triangle clone only photoperiod strain. it is definitely a classic medical line, it was prescribed for asthma and add/adhd in the old california medical system before legalization. the genetics come from mexican brick weed originally, the rest is unclear.

the smell is straight up limonene.

As I said the strain was commonly prescribed for add and asthma, it’s known for being clearheaded and very focused so that breeder’s description doesn’t necessarily ring true. A classic clear headed “up” sativa hybrid high would be a more accurate description I think.

Could be a good one to try in auto form, as the plain limonene smell carries through in hybrids. Be careful about what breeder you work with, trainwreck has been frequently imitated because of the name recognition. Do not buy anything called “trainwreck” from humboldt seed organization. I would caution against humboldt seed organization (HSO) in general, they claim to work with bay area genetics but none of their strains bear any resemblance to the originals.

It also sounds like a lot of the bay area lines sold by “Mark” on strainly are actually the inauthentic HSO versions. Many of the names in his catalog are clone only lines and he cannot provide a good explanation other than that he bought it in seed form. It seems he does not keep close track of the genetics he works with, or he isn’t being straightforward and honest about where he got them. Someone on the forum quoted him as saying his og and bubba were hso stock, which is not genuine.

I have also seen many grow reports in which medical patients wasted time on mark’s autoflower genetics, only for them to turn out as photoperiod lines. If you are helping your friend set up a low maintenance auto grow, I would highly caution you against using mark’s autos.

Hope you are able to find the right meds for your friend.

4 Likes

if you don’t mind me asking, what are your friend’s medical needs?

These are all lines traditionally used for mental clarity and treating depression. I’m not sure if any of these would be good for relief from physical pain.

@spaceman

1 Like

MS
He was diagnosed at the same time as a relative and she succumbed to it last fall.

He mentioned to me once TrainWreck was a fav, I’m doing it for him.

In the early days, his Dr. mentioned several strains popular at the time and he picked out G-13 and Jack Herer clones. Gave him a reference too of a medical grower.
G-13 literally smell bombed the neighborhood but it helped him sleep and Jack was a mood enhancer.
Of which I can attest, :smile:

4 Likes

Time for my tri-monthly update. lol

In response also to @DougDawson topic about CornKing seed seller.

CK’s Northern Lights Auto 5" tall

CK’s TrainWreck Auto 6"

CK’s WhiteWidow Auto 7.5"

So all of these have been sprayed 2X a day for 17 days with 20ppm colloidal silver, selfmade.
They look rough to me but they just returned from a 540 mile round trip, 10 hrs travel time total.
NL is shaky.
The WW got some crazy burn on one set of leaves IDK.

So here’s the potential receivers of any potential pollen.
TW is in the upper right.

Both of these NL’s look to be doing much better than the one I’m spraying.
( I “accidentally” sprouted two NL’s because I thought I lost one )
Maybe I’ll start spraying one of these instead.

So any one have experience with CS spray?
Is it tough on the plant, to cause that paleness?

2 Likes

Thanks for this post.

The only strain I’ve heard called out specifically to treat MS patients was Arjan’s Haze 3.
It’s pretty unavailable but I haven’t looked recently as my friend expressed no interest in it even after he read the write ups about it.
But it seems pretty ideal, good indoor growth habit, soars outdoors too.
If I find a good source maybe I’ll surprise him.

2 Likes

Time for an update.
Here are the auto fems.
TrainWreck lagging.

Here’s the tent grow.
From the right 2 Zamaldelica males 2 females and on the left is a plant grown from the seed of a F1 cross Purple Heart female X Loco Mota male.
3 CS sprayed autos in the foreground.

Insulated box inside that tent.