Strain Chat, What does anyone know of Jack Herer, Trainwreck and White Widow Autos?

There are so many seed co’s these days all with their own strains, all with their own names it’s tough to determine exactly what you’re getting.
Like wtf is “Avenue of the Giants”, lol.

1 Like

I ran into these guys 3 years ago at the 1st Cannabis trade show I went to.
We talked for 20 min. about what they were doing and later, they Emailed me a great compilation of super soil recipes.

I’m struggling to figure out how to recycle ‘Mount ProMix’ as oleskool puts it. :grin: and I’m hoping their reamendment mix might be ‘the ticket’…

They have a great selection of items at reasonable prices. It’s 200 clicks round trip so some planning required. :pig2: :hammer: :money_with_wings:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

again everyone outa likes, but @Gpaw I would be interested in hearing ore of that “mount pro mix” I tried reusing some as people said they do, I flushed it all ahead of times to 500ppm or less and to 6.5 to 6.0 ph .
When i used the reused stuff I had numerous issues , which for me is abnormal so i gave up, just dumped a mountain into the outside veg garden
due to covid and what not it would be nice to be able to reuse confidently , in fact becasue of covid i am looking at rain science and radicle bags hard, the companies that have Radicle are currently out, or at least thats what i see.

2 Likes

We are all struggling with the same problem… :laughing:
How tough (and messy) was your flushing?

That’s what happened with the first cubic yard of my stuff, the wife loves it, I tried reusing it as the regular peat moss component… NOPE

abby normal

Right now, I have a small army of red wigglers working on a reprocessing experiment in the garage (100 Lbs. dry weight of used Promix).
They seem to be happy - they should be, I’ve been giving them Cadman’s smoothies every few days :laughing:. Biggest, fattest red wigglers I’ve seen!
Hopefully something productive comes from that.

Win, loose or draw, I’ll post the results.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

again out of likes but thanks! When i flush I have this system where I dont make much of a mess, given my hands and all thats saying alot. But its aimed at flushing individual pots, not massive amounts so i could only do 7 gal at a time, so it took a long time

I just take a 18 gal tote put a 5 gallon bucket in the tote open end up, put the pot on the five gallon bucket and start flushing, when the 5 gallon bucket gets full enough I dump it same with the amount in the tote.

2 Likes

Haven’t yet had issues with recycling my TLO mix.
Just add amendments compost, lime, sulfur, gypsum, eggshells, blood and bone meals, glacial rock dust, greensand, andesite and let it cook for a month, giving it a dump from one container to another, sorta like a mini landslide effect.

My mix is roughly 30% pine bark mulch, 30% peat, 30% EWC and 30% perlite.
It’s the new math, what can I say?

2 Likes

Its good to give 120 percent lol,see i dont even care about amending, unless we were talking about organic grows. Which i do as well much smaller scale though, but most are syn nutes grows, And i can guarantee that just about whosoever syn nutes your using if you ask them about a problem ,first thing they will blame is your media, even though in there ads they say there compatible with all growing systems and such. Remo Nutrients told me my commercial promix hp has nutes already in it, even though Premier by email tells me diff and the label says just peat perlite myco and the bacteria for fungus/disease prevention, a wetting agent and a ph buffer. Advance did the same, thing more or less as well

3 Likes

TLO is 100% organic and I now grow my vegetables and grains this way.
And always water Mary with rainwater.
The outdoor veg garden gets well water.

Even though my soil runs high in ph 7.0 or so, plants seem to overlook it.

2 Likes

No update other than to say I snipped a few pollen sacs off the Northern Lights and have them drying.
Very little pollen in the few that had any.
No pics atm.

Went outside on the deck just now.
Cloudless, with a deep glow from the Sun that seemingly almost doesn’t set here, such a contrast to early and dark winter nights.
Crescent moon riding high.
Thanks Mary!

1 Like

Update.

NL orig

NL2

TW, this one was stunted from the gate and doubtful to use her for a fem seed breeder.
Will repop.

No good pics of WW, who is doing almost as well as the NL’s. Still looks hermied to me.
For some reason WW never shoots well. I’ll try to get one good pic posted of her flowerlets soon.

I may toss TW pollen at one of the NL’s and just maybe the WW. Or for femmed seeds does it even matter?

2 Likes

Here is a better pic of WW fem.

Here are the “boys”.

WW “maled”, lol.
Doesn’t look hermied in the pic but my eyes see it different. Couple nice sacks there.

NL maled.

TW maled.
Slow poke.

Other sides, reverse order.
TW

NL

WW
She just won’t sit and take a nice pic. WW should mean "What’s Wrong with her?"

I think it’s getting close to time to find some alone time for these!

3 Likes

NL 1 pollinated, fingers crossed

NL 2 unpollinated

TW and WW were sent off to a friend,
Try those again in the future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.