Strain hunter Franco Loja dies at 42 RIP

In the Congo, I imagine it is. Kinda like how Sierra Leone was the AIDS/corruption/famine/poverty/warlord/boy soldier capitol of the world for a while. He wasn’t there as a tourist, but as a martyr.

https://youtu.be/vyaKiWkHFlc

Jamaican Expedición!!! I knowed just married couples travelin to the Island to Honeymoon who have seen more n better varietés than the GH “expedición”… Thats the reason cos ya cant buy any Jamaican landraces by GH… But ya can buy Jamaicana Blue Montain or DoubleJam (Blue Montains x Lambsbread) from Spanish , French or USA/Canadian companies as CannaBioGen, Underground Seeds Collective, Tropical Seeeds Co, etc…
N the same whith Mexican, Colombian, Panamá, Trinidad n Tobago, San Vicente n Granadinas, Nepal, Pakistan, India, Thailand, Congo, Angola, Mozambique, Spanish Ecuatorial Guinea, Reunion, Mauritius, Senegal, South África, Leshoto, or Malawi landraces… Look for it in GH catalogue, je,je…
All ya can see the CannaBioGen trips arround the World if ya have interested in kwow how professionals works… N without contaminated all landraces arround World with skunky/indica holland genes…

https://www.cannabiogen.com/Descubre/

But not only talkin bout Jamaica… I would show ya other Caribbean, HispanicAmerica, África or Asiatic landraces recoleted by people i know who travelled arround World n continúes working whith these recolected landraces…Can we seen the same from GH?

He contracted an anti-biotic resistant strain, the deadliest of them all,basically within hours of being biten he was in a coma… you are never guaranteed with malaria .

I had the chance to meet and chat with Franco several times… he was a great guy doing great work. He was actually in the congo looking for a specific strain for medicinal oil unclear excatly what it was suppose to do but he thought it was worth while. Last time I talked to him in person almost a year ago he mentioned finding sativa’s in the congo with high levels of THCv Perhaps this is what he was after… .

1 Like

I got cerebral malaria myself in 2014 while in Cameroon close to Congo borders… got a 5 days coma , then I woke up on Xmas day… Luckily without too many consequences…
Rip Franco.

A new malaria vacune, if same day ya must return to África, @Dee.S73 .

https://www.google.es/amp/www.abc.es/salud/enfermedades/abci-nueva-vacuna-malaria-logra-primera-cien-cien-proteccion-201702151911_noticia_amp.html

1 Like

Thanks for the info Mig. But "not risking my life for a job anymore " is one of the reasons for wich I’m now living “en una isla encantadora” in Spain… :slight_smile:
No more malaria risks for me in the future… :wink:
Peace
D_S

1 Like

An Spanish European or Spanish African Island? Welcome home, @Dee.S73 !

…spanish african…
gracias MiG :slight_smile:
D_S

1 Like

I have a lot of growers&breaders friends close to you… Cant ya grows outdoors?
Salud!

1 Like

Btw n talkin bout GreenHouse… Arjan n Franco allways said the biggest cannabis plant they never seen was a 6/7 metres high Timanfaya Haze in one of these Spanish African Islands…Enjoy!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Colombian Fruit

Please lets keep discussion on topic…

You can try our new section for classifieds #trading-post

1 Like

Full gas …RIP Franco Loja

RIP Franco Loja … The other guy with a pellet seed machine … Elon M ?

1 Like

Never had the chance to meet him, but Franco seemed like he was a genuine person. Others around him were in it for monetary reasons and fame; he truly had a love for the plant and the communities who grew it. Watching those old documentaries you can see where his passion was, and it was in the right place.

1 Like

Yes @JustSumTomatoes … this “old” ? stuff was amazing … swamp growing in Jamaica … Bamboo curing containers in Malawii … but the Congo “s trip” was sad … Arjann stolen ing … very h THCA …
Almost Never infeccted Land race … 100 dollars … to buy a passport … to the fields … The caption of the guards with … maybe 47’s … and growers protesting … Cruel W>>>

2 Likes

Maybe not “old” in the film realm, but it’s been over 4 years since he passed, and over 10 since those earlier documentaries. Not sure the entire Congo one was ever released. Straight up admitted he bribed the local police to rob those people of the only lucrative natural resource they had, (and worked to create and maintain) and that they would recieve no benefit… Shitty. At least Franco came back to try and do them right with his antimalarial research. Ironically it got him.

3 Likes

Pot is crazy man …

Some music … Sorry @LemonadeJoe … for the spinoff