Strain ideas for potential coop

Hey everyone!

I’ve been getting ready for a while to do a repro and am finally ready with my setup. I’ve wanted to give back, after receiving some amazing coop beans from OG. So before I apply in the coop voting, I wanted to see if there was any community interest in some of the strains I have that may qualify. Here is the list:

Herbaria bushman (bodhi release) Bushmans (Herbaria) :: Cannabis Strain Info

Kush 4 x ssdd. A bohdi freebie offering from a now retired male.

Double Jam. A recent repro by whish seeds. Double Jam (Underground Seeds Collective) :: Cannabis Strain Info

Black Domina. Ignore this one provenance is uncertain. Apologies

I have 6 seeds sourced from @misterbee 's giveaway last year. My main concern would be not having enough plants for diversity.

Peak Seeds Blueberry ibl or sweet skunk ibl. I believe the company is defunct and I’ve read repros would be OK, but want to check further.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Which strain?
  • Black Domina
  • Kush 4 x ssdd
  • Double Jam
  • Peak seeds BB
  • Peak seeds sweet skunk
  • Herbaria Bushman
0 voters
19 Likes

Kush 4 x SSDD has my vote. - Random Internet guy

5 Likes

Kush 4 x SSDD sounds :fire:

Vote for name: Quad Dream

3 Likes

Peak Seeds Blueberry ibl would be a great one! :+1:

5 Likes

Black domina! That would be awesome :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Maybe set up a poll to avoid a super long list of people just shouting out what they want?

5 Likes

Took me a sec to figure out, but done. Thanks!

3 Likes

Also could you prove provenance on them? Where were they originally obtained, can it be proven, are they true F1’s. I think that one might be a tough sell to the Co-op but I can’t speak for the others.

2 Likes

Fair point. I’ll remove them from the list.

Edit I can’t change the poll arghh

1 Like

SSDD is pretty hot these days, probably couldn’t miss with that one

4 Likes

i heard on the grape vine that black domina voters chose double jam as their second choice :grin:

6 Likes

Double jam as my first choice :ok_hand:t5:
Lambsbread Jamaica is definitely on my weed bucket list

4 Likes

i’ve never heard of these strains except black domina, so i any of other will be ok :grin:

2 Likes

Black Domina is a classic and has spawned many a mix👍

3 Likes

Sorry I didn’t read and voted for Black Domina

2 Likes

Haha no worries. I think a lot of people just leapt to the list!

Double Jam and kush 4 x ssdd are neck and neck. If its the Double Jam I’m gonna have to get my game on for 8x to 20x stretch.

The black domina wouldn’t qualify for a co-op run. being a low number of seeds, and provenance unknown as you have said.

Being a reproduction itself, I don’t think the whish seeds recent repro of double jam would be eligible either. We focus on original breeder packs, and if it ahs recently been reproduced and sold commercially, it’s probably not a top priority for preservation.

If the herbaria bushman and kush 4 ssdd are original bodhi packs (not reproductions or partial packs with a low number of seeds) those would be eligible for the co-op to vote on.

5 Likes

Double Jam :wave: :jamaica: :herb: :herb:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Understood. Would that not also disqualify the bushman as its a recent repro by a different breeder (in this case Bodhi rather than the original breeder) ? Or is bohdi a special case due to intent?

1 Like

The bushman would qualify on several of our criteria.

first, bodhi’s neirika and supernatural selections packs are always low volume limited releases. I think this was from 2019 and bodhi hasn’t restocked or worked with it since. So this can be considered discontinued.

second, it qualifies as a pure landrace.

third, it qualifies as a building block line that has been used as the basis of hybrid lines. This ciskei is the basis for tropical seeds worked ciskei line, and possibly has been used by ace as well.

The co-op’s rules are informed by an agreement we made with bodhi when the co-op was founded, so our rules are particularly clear when it comes to his work.

6 Likes