Strainaholics Anonymous meeting

It is, its an f4 or f5 dont remember, f5 rings a bell thou.

1 Like

Yea f5, I remember you saying that. But if they were selective to a good phenotype with their breeding, I’m sure they will be decent. I’ve heard great things about JOTI, and how their plants are all very uniform from seed.

I’m just a geek, done some lite reading on the subject. About to do my first pollen chucks.

2 Likes

Time will tell

as in how are heirloom genetics more stable?

and Heirloom Strains in weed are not hybrids?

hows about the cliff notes explanation for a person who would like to learn

and a link

thanks

Dequilo

4 Likes

Heirlooms, hybrid or not, should really only put out 1 phenotype with the same traits.
Need something like F20 to be Heirloom status.

Anything not heirloom or better, is throwing multiple phenotypes with varying traits.

4 Likes

I have been reading this post to learn stuff like that

still a very confused noob, myself

3 Likes

From a landrace standpoint, yea, they are still hybrids. But if it’s been selectively bred towards one phenotype for enough generations, you usually get a more uniform set of offspring, and more chance of any open pollination done there on out will produce similar offspring. The amount of variance between the plants are fewer, with fewer plants of other phenotypes.

5 Likes

Breeding cannabis is hell of a lot simpler than trying to breed towards a trait in other commercial and hobby plants like blueberry, blackberries and raspberries. Apples have to cross pollinate with ones that are not related, so selective breeding is very hard. Blackberries can have many more just “paired” chromosomes like most may be familiar with, 3-5 chromosomes in a set sometimes.

3 Likes

For the most part just run your own shit off good seeds from regions you desire and you will get a good pheno eventually. I remember I ran 10pk ak47 got the cherry pheno didnt even know it.

Just keep running the beans and it will either get better or worse.

I also usually get frosty males cross them good females and bam. Keep testing running when you buy seeds your buying someone else’s time to find and cross phenos and duplicate it.

Lemon freeze back in 90s from bagseed is now a staple cross of many lemon citrus varieties etc.

10k can get you alot more beans and variety that could probably rival that cut.

2 Likes

that is it my Friend :slight_smile: selection looking for a localized cultivar and that just takes time

@Seamonkey84 thanks for taking a minute to do what you did to try and help me that sir goes a long

way

also thank you Sir :slight_smile:

if one breeds for the betterment of whatever one is breeding

you are an ethical breeder :slight_smile: a tip of the hat

if one breeds for coins in ones pocket :frowning: you will burn in hell

because if you breed for the betterment the coin will come and people will find you

make beans and share

Dequilo

4 Likes

The burden should not be all on those who are making the coin. A little belongs to the buyer who has no patience, but has coin to spare. They create the market that allows these prices to exist. Patience and a desire to learn and understand how to work with it myself are far much more valuable to me. You never know what options will be removed in the blink of an eye.

3 Likes

it does indeed have a lot to do with the buyer of the seeds

but the people that make the coin ethically will prosper over the long term as their work speaks for itself

as with everything crap work also speaks for itself over time

as granny always said me " time will tell it always does"

just my point of view and two cent and we all know what that is worth :wink:

make seeds and share them

Dequilo

3 Likes

I got a Pakistan outdoor crossed with bubba kush
Should be interesting to see what transcends.

Going to give it a 3 month head start on the season. :grin:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m cbizzle and its been 4 days since my last purchase. Seven packs since I last swore, “this is the last one”. The vault, a 1/2 gallon mason jar in an insulated growler bag just went from the fridge to freezer. A new slightly smaller glass jar will be started in the fridge for the packs in the mail. I’ll run those ones next. Again I pledge, last purchase…after the new bodhi drop.

9 Likes

@Cbizzle. When is the next Bodhi drop?! :innocent:

2 Likes

Pretty sure this week, based on a post on another forum. I’ll be able to get back on the wagon after.

3 Likes

FWIW…I am holding hundreds of Paradise Sensi Star F2’s from when they sold regular seeds of it and also crosses with Brother’s Grimm NL#5 and a couple other indicas :smiley: :smiley:…it’s good but it’s not THAT good…just a spicy, potent indica

8 Likes

Nothing wrong with a heavy indica… they are my loves.

2 Likes

@Muleskinner id be interested in say 20 of those ss f2’s.
Maybe we can talk to see what else ghani wise you’re holding?

mine too inside :slight_smile: here in the Northeast they will rot in front of your eyes outside :frowning: