Strainaholics Anonymous meeting

Greetings @deep_rob I hope that all is well with you. I have a question. You said you use Nev’s methodology of 30-50. Does that mean from every cross you make you grow out at least 30 and at most 50 of the progeny? If so are you growing them all the way to the end and testing the final product or is it more based on visual cues?

6 Likes

I’m not ready to talk about it. I can stop anytime I want. I just need a few more. Lol

23 Likes

I hardly have any seeds. Where do I get them? Best place to get seeds ?
All help appreciated
Thanks

4 Likes

That’s the spirit! :thumbsup: :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Hello, My name’s Diggy, and I’m a strainaholic. I’ve lost irreplaceable collections twice now — Heaths Black Rose, Jamaican Lambsbread, a Purple Haze cut older than myself — so now I justify my addiction by replicating and giving away as many seeds as possible, especially as they start to get older or as they get pushed further down the to-do list.

Really makes holding on to genetics feel like it’s actively accomplishing something.

@deep_rob Dude That ten thousand+ seed drop and pheno selection!? I’m with you there, that will be the day.:sunglasses:

22 Likes

You had Heath’s Black Rose too? I had that and it was stellar, wish I still had more of it.
Did you go by the name Ditty at o e time by any chance?

5 Likes

I’m just here for the coffee…

18 Likes

I have been clean ever since I lost my collection about 10 years ago. But then I found OG again and I think I’m close to having a relapse. :smiling_imp:

12 Likes

STRAIIIIINS!

Sorry just got a care package. shivers

25 Likes

It’s around, pound the bush

4 Likes

Good day all I am Ftlob ! I’m a hardcore seed junky ! Happy to have found this place,most would think (my better half included) what are you going to do with all of these ? Well I too dream of a day when I can plant as many as I wish ! For selection purpose, genetics were so difficult to find,at certain points in my life,I’ve been trying to grow for close to thirty years ,I’ve always wanted to grow my own,from the time I had my first joint,I remember thinking I wish I could produce my own ! I let life get in the way, prohibition was tough,we are not there by any means,now I believe everything out today needs to be preserved,I’m terrified that I’ll can become illegal again,and pray for the day that it is as free as any other produce,my current preservation attempt is only beginning and am absolutely ecstatic about it,the first (current) phase is to produce enough to do a outdoor selection (won’t finish properly,due to climate) will take selected cuttings indoor to finish properly,and I plan to start a minimum of 500 ,will induce some environmental hardships, haven’t worked out all details,oh damn I may be going the wrong direction again hahaha may be a terminal condition with me hehe
Peace and love all !
Overgrow on !

12 Likes

I just pounded the Bush, but she had no idea what I was talking about…

11 Likes

Here’s the one and only Black Rose bud pic I got from the old days

25 Likes

Yep just had it 3 years ago.
It’s in them private sites, I know a few who have it.

5 Likes

I know I can get ya beans and crosses.
I could get ya a clone also but don’t want to be responsible for bugs and diseases

4 Likes

PM sent, I don’t take clones from ANYONE, screw that shit.

4 Likes

Always remember English comedy allo allo.
About a French cafe in occupied grand during world war2.
There was an Italian captain who used to say whata nice’a problem to hava’ :smirk:

6 Likes

If you hardly have any, you must have some, so stick around, post a grow thread, check out the forums.

Why worry about where you are going to get your next batch of seeds from.

Hell, check out the sponsored section, @George_The_Vault is always hosting free seed giveaways, maybe you can get lucky…

Cheers

5 Likes

/stand
Hi (mumbled name),
I have had this disease for decades. I have only recently been able to get beyond a couple unlabeled little baggies of seeds in an Altoids can and a few loose ones in the bottom of the tin.

This is an old itch and with only a modest investment I have come to acquire at least a dozen different strains. This is due of course to the many fine people on this site almost entirely.

/sit

15 Likes

I consider not taking part in promos anymore as a first step in battling my condition. It has of course nothing to do with getting free seeds on OG without corporate whoring. :joy:

11 Likes