I’ve heard cloves called Turkish cigarettes before

3 Likes

Oaxacan Highland back in the 1970’s they called them Oaxaca spears

long skinny buds that would stone you to the pavement

very up

peace

Dequilo

8 Likes

'78 was when I first/last saw a thai stick…
wrapped with a thin natural fiber thread…
I haven’t seen any since… but then again I worked many years in jobs that had random drug-testing, so I was out of it for a while.

6 Likes

Smoking a Tide Pod in a vape Dumbass

4 Likes

Yes, but does it blend?

2 Likes

good question… the earliest strain thats well documented that i can think of would be Romulan, by Sacred Seeds, 1953.

but before 1937?? i know there was indica bc it was in medicine and the handful of pix (most from that one bust in NYC) from pre-37 show short un-tamed hash plant looking plants… all the other pix of pre-37 american weed ive seen were of hemp…

i would guess that victorian-era american drug-type varieites were essentially chinese from colonial times, bred to indica imported from either middle east or northern china… Carribean weed, and later the mexican weed entered the fray around 1910…

could be any of that… pictures would help… but not many are out there of specifically american grows…

8 Likes

I know some of the pharmaceutical companies did research early on by taking strains from one area and growing test plots in different regions of the world to see the potential change in growth and terpene profiles. There was mention in one article I read about some of the strains from Columbia north into mexico being imported originaly from Borneo and then acclimating and mixing with local varieties brought over by the Spanish explorers much earlier

4 Likes

Lot of Thai Stick in Calgary back in the day around 1977-80. Jamaican Red Hair and Maui Waui showed up around then too. I was driving cab then and had my nose in everything on the street. Literally. Coke was big then too and I ain’t talking Cola. :smiley:

First buds I ever grew were the above and some brick weed in '78. Pathetic results compared to today but set me on a path. :wink:

Grown in farm dirt and sheep shit in 5gal pails under about 10 - 4’ fluoros in a dirt room in the basement of an old house we rented. No other nutes used.

Got pics too.

:peace:

21 Likes

Awesome pictures of days gone by. Right next to the very first Cars album. :notes::musical_note::notes:

10 Likes

Let the good times roll . . . :slight_smile:

I still have that album and their 2nd one too.Got 3 boxes full of LPs from way back then.

5 Likes

way back in the early 80’s in Western Australia we used to get Thai sticks - man they used to ruin ya
they came woven on to a larger piece of stem and bound to that by a strip of bark from the plant ,looked awesome with a little macrame style weave … other than that it was all just Mull to us younguns

6 Likes

Two of the 8 plants I grew in those pics from '78 were Thai Stick from seeds I found in the 1/4 pounds of them I would buy and sell part of back then. The others were Maui Wowie, Jamaican Red hair and a couple of sativas from the pounds of Mexican brick pot we’d get for $200 each then sell for $20/oz. A lot of great hash back in the day then too but never found seeds in the hash. :wink: lol

4 Likes

Ok, l was not on the production side of the chain back then so strain names were what your guy told you or what the “street name” was, here’s a few from Michigan.

Michigan Mud Bud
Monkey Paw (smoking it now)
Michigan red bud
Red hair sinci
Kevorkian
G-13
Creeper weed
Wheelchair weed
Thai Stick
Hawaiian
Jamaican
Acapulco Gold (once)
Panama Red
Moose Knuckles
Moose tranquilizer
Skunk bud
Pepper weed
Green manalishi
Durban Poison “thirty days in the hole…”

2 Likes
2 Likes

Let’s start a seed line with all mixes from songs…lol. Mate old strains to old head rock… how about

My personal favorite!!
4 Likes

Well as far as I know all the strains from before prohibition were named after their point of origin. Allegedly skunk was a strain before prohibition. Obviously not skunk no.1 but I’ve read a few times on different forums that people’s grandpas or great grandpas had been growing what they called the skunk before it was made illegal.
Other than that the only names I’ve ever heard from preprohibition were point of origin names or the Cannabis Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis, Chineses, Americana or Afghanica

Yes I’ve been told it was called escalating skunk and was from the Parke Davis company. How ever i can not find any documentation of this and there main variety was just called American cannabis , sone bottles referd to it as indica.