East coast skunk?

Ok so after turning numerous pages, the rabbit hole goes a million ways, but I believe the search has narrowed. From what I can find RKS (which in my knowledge is about as chemdog as it gets) is a genetic expression of afghani, and that is were my search will begin. So the names that are rattled off on forums never seem to do much In helping those mentioned answer a plea, but that doesn’t mean second hand plants can’t help, :joy:. Do you have a Ortega afghani cut or beans still around? Or a Wilson early cut or seeds still around? Perhaps you breed this and only your cross remains? Either way I’d be interested in them for personal uses and would remain sacred. Thanks :pray:t3:

7 Likes

Pretty longshot; those varieties are old.

Mr Nice has Ortega. Reviews are mixed at best.

Your best best would be Afghan Skunk of some kind. Mr. Nice has those too.
Shit, Devil, Nordle are all various iterations of that.

5 Likes

If you say rks 3 times like Beetlejuice watch the forum explode

10 Likes

I’ve seen Ortega beeS on seed heaven good luck

4 Likes

I wish I was an amoral scumbag; Sativabreather/blueskiesvienna on IG scammed another guy out of 6K on some fake “RKS” beans.

I could be on a 2 week Caribbean cruise with change left over.

Sheeeeeit.

8 Likes

The elusive RKS everybody states they have but no c*nt will share :rofl:

8 Likes

Everyone wants a chrysalis, so they’re spending thousands of dollars on butterfly’s in the hopes of turning back time.

Why not buy some caterpillars?

9 Likes

That’s both deep and profound the only place it will ever be found is in landrace pheno hunting or a 70 year old hiding away in some mountains somewhere

8 Likes

I believe I wait for a miracle, and now get moved to the trading post​:sleepy:. The idea was to cause a breeder stir in the lab to hope someone might feel obliged to meet up or whatever to get what I needs. I got the illusive idea. But again them Vegas crews (formerly from everywhere else) are trying to corner the plants for profit. Industry is why we don’t have it anymore. I’ll tell ya what. You want a lid to stay on it that’s cool, you wanna help me be Johnny apple seed version 2.0 than send them cuts and beans to help me on developing what will hopefully be known as Newenglands landrace for centuries to come. Lol dreaming guys :joy: :laughing: :joy:

3 Likes

Have worked those and the chances of get it to back cross really turns sour quick, the pheno hunt is real with those and that skunk smell only come around at certain junction under certain conditions. That’s cool and all but I have had strains remain consistent through out with outdoor grows just due to the genetics and have that aroma start to finish. But like I said I’m willing to still try if that’s all I get. I’m patient

3 Likes

The better statement is say where the real deal three times and watch how many fakes pop!

4 Likes

Yeah in the last week I’ve seen it mentioned as a possible pheno on a half dozen different seed discriptions

4 Likes

I’m sure @Craigson15 was on a similar journey to yourself. He did a skunk #91 seed run and I’m sure he managed to find a good skunk keeper within the resulting seeds but i don’t think it was the RKS he was actually originally searching for that he found but still something that was deserving enough to keep around as a mom??

5 Likes

I know the rks of the 80s and early 90s moved across the country on two wheels not four so maybe an old man in leather has it in a dresser drawer

10 Likes

I got a super funky unnamed cut from an old Cape Verdean dude, don’t know the lineage. Hit it with the Kashmir and split the seeds with the dude. Don’t know why I haven’t run em yet, but I’ve got high hopes for the offspring.

Another one I’m looking at is a Durban Poison Skunk cross that a buddy’s growing. Supposed to be a real similar funky-skunky profile. Haven’t seen the buds yet tho.

As a third route, I’m kinda shot-gunning a few random crosses between rotten-fruit essential oils, spicy pepper and leathery beef-jerky smells, and sharp engine-exhaust aromas. Downside will be flowering time of the various offspring, but I think this method has the highest chance of success.

10 Likes

You might want to look in that cross you made @DiggySoze there’s probably something nice in that cross.

5 Likes

I would be honored to help run some if you’d want. I’m in the long term of finding a strain that would root and grow on it’s on in the northeast. So anything you send would be open pollination after and not for profit (except the earth itself profiting for strains that can take hold in nature and continue with out human interaction.) But I have had similar ideas. I know in mass where I live we have legal collective grows if anyone wants to take a weekend trip through out the season this year and collaborate efforts.

2 Likes

??? that’s a new one to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, you never had a bud that smelled sorta… meaty? Lmao.

5 Likes

That’s true, I have. Kinda spam like or something. Ummm, liverwurst? Idk, but meaty.

3 Likes