5 Oldest Strains

I copied and pasted this…

The 5 Oldest Strains of Marijuana by:
Melissa Sherrard | | Learn

You’re not the first person to wonder “what are the oldest marijuana strains?” and be caught off guard about how unsure we are about the answer. So far, our best research tells us that cannabis originates from central and south Asia in areas near the Middle East and the Himalayan Mountains. Human intervention spread cannabis throughout the rest of the world, and most researches believe that the original strains were lost as a result of cross-breeding. For your convenience, here we list five varieties of what are thought to be some of the oldest marijuana strains known to science.

Thai
Thai is a potent sativa landrace strain native to Thailand that’s known for its smell and taste of sweet citrus. Thai (first brought to the United States in the 1970s) has a long growth cycle and it is slow to flower, but it has given rise to famous strains such as Haze and Juicy Fruit.
Aceh
Aceh is a pure sativa landrace that shares a name with the region of Indonesia from which it originates. Also known as “Atjeh,” this old strain of cannabis typically grows tall and thin and has distinct flavors of earth, lemon, and mango.
Nepalese
Nepalese landrace strains are old marijuana varieties that grow throughout Nepal, and even through they have a growth structure similar to many sativa strains, their flowers produce the relaxing, sedative effects associated with indica varieties. Cannabis strains native to Nepal have reputations for being particularly resinous and emitting a pungent aroma.
Hindu Kush
Named for the mountainous region between modern-day Afghanistan and Pakistan from which it originates, Hindu Kush is an old strain of marijuana that has been cultivated for thousands of years. A pure indica, Hindu Kush produces an exceptionally thick layer of resinous trichomes and to exhibit an aroma of sweet earth and sandalwood.
Afghani
This landrace cannabis strain originates from Afghanistan thought to be one of the oldest varieties of marijuana to have grown. Afghani is an indica strain that exhibits a sweet aroma of earth and pine, and it’s known for its especially heavy resin production.

21 Likes

I’m growing Hindu Kush at the minute

5 Likes

Surprised they didn’t list varieties from India.

5 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: … Where’s the science? :mag:

I’m all for it, just skeptical AF. :joy_cat:

Real weed science is still hard to find publicly.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Elephant weed the god of old strains

2 Likes

Black elephant

2 Likes

Elephant charras very strong hash also known as elephant black

2 Likes

6 Likes

Theres a huge thread about ‘the origins of cannabis’ I believe.

6 Likes

oooh like the chart

3 Likes

Uhhhhh… :stuck_out_tongue:

'Pretty sure weed existed before Haze. Jus sayin. And that chart/graphic is conveniently illegible, FWIW.

:evergreen_tree: :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I think those are just examples of what was bred from the landraces above.

They completely leave out ruderalis genetics though. Which are admittedly a landrace

3 Likes

Yeah, you got to go to reddit.com to see it.

I thinking of that too.

2 Likes

I remember reading about it popping up randomly in a population of mighty might in BC back in the 90’s. Other than that I have read of at least Russian, northern China, Kazakhstan, Canada and Wisconsin populations of autoflowers being found wild.

4 Likes

Can’t forget the hemp capitol of the world, Illinois.
Back in the day that’s where most of the hemp factories were.

4 Likes

Started messing with autos back in the 70’s.
As long as it took to figure out some of the gear we were procuring wasn’t gonna finish.
Live and ya learn

3 Likes

Tell us more please

1 Like

Last I toured still vast stands where I used to train and hunt birds.
We’re currently In the process of analyzing and getting tested what comes out of those areas.
Decades upon decades of self preservation.

4 Likes

You train for hunt tests or field trials? I brought 3 black labs to masters growing up, my dad broughta few to field champs…

1 Like

Used to run setters in shoot to retrieve and quail unlimited shoots.

2 Likes