Strains Known To Herm Indefinately

Have you not ran GG4 original cut from joesy?

2 Likes

Not trying to be a dick, but if the conditions were identical and the older plant hermied, wouldn’t that mean the cause is genetic?

1 Like

Not a problem, I like reply’s!

You asked if since the mother hermied and the clones did not, under the same conditions, wouldn’t that be genetic?

I should have pointed out, (NEARLY, the same conditions, possibly a slight change in light or airflow) but to a grower, even an experienced one, it’s nearly the same conditions. It could be something as little as the position of the plant in the tent, or the angles at which it’s gathering light.

And with that being said, the point is- a clone is THE SAME EXACT DNA as the mother. So if it were genetic, the clones would have hermied as well. Hence, no matter how small the environmental change (even if you think it’s completley the same) it’s more likely the cause of the herm.

I understand where you are coming from, but I hope this clears it up a little more.

2 Likes

Yes that makes sense for sure.

2 Likes

Negative, I have not had the opportunity. Grew the S1s once. They were all Male no female parts at all…

1 Like

I thought S1 were always female?

or do I miss understand what an S1 is?

Any inferest fam? Let me know

2 Likes

No you didnt, these were hermaphrodite, or possibly not what was advertised.

1 Like