Strains we miss

We remember and miss “White Satin” by Mandala. Was apricot smelling and had an antidepressant style stone. Stepmom’s favorite pain killer.
https://www.mandalaseeds.com/Catalogue/White-Satin

6 Likes

I miss the old school “NL5” we used to get on occasion back in the day. No idea if it was actually NL5 but it tasted amazing. I’ve grown out many different versions of northern lights and never found anything close.

Also something that was called “g13”. I want to say it had a more generic taste but the high in order me on my ass.

Another one called “blitz” we used to get. It smelled real skunky and strong. The type of weed everyone knew you had in your pocket even when standing outside. It was from a local grower and he wouldn’t ever give us the real name of the strain. He changed it to “blitz”. Man I wish I could’ve got a cut of that…

As for what I’ve grown that I miss:

• This old school NL5xBlueberry cross my mentor made. I grew it from seed in either my 1st or 2nd ever grow back around 2000 (ish) and I had no idea how lucky I was to have it at the time. Still to this day it’s one of the best strains I ever grew. I’ve ordered a bunch of nlxblueberry seeds over the years looking for something similar but never found it and gave up.
    I grew 5 seeds in a big Rubbermaid bin that I didn’t even put drain holes in, filled it with pro-mix and watered with only water and fox farms grow big 6-4-4 the entire grow. It still came out amazing. I ran it a few more times after that then let it go, not realizing what I had at the time. Rookie mistakes… lol.

• my old sunshine daydream “butter” pheno. It was a bubbashine leaner. Not the best yielder and grew kind of slow but the taste, smell and high were all amazing. Not even sure how to describe the smell. Definitely had that buttery muffins smell, not much blueberry though. Maybe just a touch of funk. The high was my favorite part. That stuff was like my cure for anxiety. I have some ssdd f2’s going now (from a generous OG member). Really hoping I find something similar!

• Blue Magoo. One of the frostiest plants I’ve grown. Just covered in trichomes all the way to the leaf tips. The leaves would curl up with trichs. Super greasy too. She had some hermie tendencies though so it was tough to run a full room of her. But I always liked to run a few for head stash.

• grape ape. Probably my favorite purple strain along with the purple urkel.

• Karma’s brotherhood OG. I had a happy brother leaner that tasted incredible. I actually still have a mom of her but she seems to have lost that incredible taste over the years. Not sure why. I have cuts that are much older. She still yields great but the taste isn’t there anymore, at least the last few times I’ve run it. Going to try again in living organic soil and see what happens.

I am actually currently trying to sprout my last 3 seeds of brotherhood OG now but they don’t seem to want to sprout. I just threw them in worm castings on a heat mat to see what happens.

I could list more but this post is already too long. lol

11 Likes

Silver Pearl day 25, full of bx1 seeds

13 Likes

Silver Pearl S1 harvested on day 70 of flower and day 48 after males were removed. Bx1 beans on board. Took this plant till beans were literally falling out, way past day 54 when I would harvest it for smoke only. Males were from a @fdm420 strain called Janis after Ms. Joplin. Janis is Silver Pearl x Blue widow. Blue Widow is Blueberry x Aloha White Widow.

15 Likes

I’m a lot younger than most of you guys, but I miss GG#4.

I’m in an illegal state and I can only get what my weed man has. There’s not a good GG in seed form and I just recently found out that clones are legal to ship (for the time being) but I’m hesitant to buy a clone from a company because TMV or HLVd.

6 Likes

Not sure if there are still any GG4 RIL photo seeds for sale… but he ended up making it into an auto as well, and I’d expect those are pretty good. RIL photo’s not entirely homozygous, but almost… seems to mostly breed true with very little selection required.

3 Likes

I am planning to use a couple males from this line to pollinate the small collection of fem autos I have. Decided to add an auto run to my annual grows to hit that mid summer zone for an early harvest, keeping things as simple as possible.

Never found out what is was, but before the kush craze there was a strain called green apple and that was absolutely killer indica high. Spaced out but not couch locked stuff

1 Like

Strains I miss the most…

The old 90’s AK47 and Blueberry we had here in Alaska was absolutely fantastic smoke in every single way…sure miss it!

Those two strains and most of Subs old TGA seed lines. Man he had some amazingly tasty genetics!!

Team Green Avengers

RIP buddy

16 Likes

The ogre is still around! Apparently there is a farm out in Cali that got ahold of it and called something new and krinkle isn’t too stoked about it.

2 Likes

lots of ak stuff around, its not gone not even close.

peace …

4 Likes

Ancient OG is one I really wanted to try but never had the chance. Don’t hear about it anymore either, I know it was discontinued. :frowning:

6 Likes

I’ve ran many many packs of post 2000 Serious AK47…many F2,3,4… from other’s and nothing has been in the same ballpark as what was around back then…makes sense though as Simon lost his breeding parents in a raid circa 2000. In fact his White Russian is more AK than his current version of AK…

Someone somewhere must have a cut of that old skunky AK. :wink:

Alaskagrown

3 Likes

@CopaGenetics had some ancient og f2 they did some breeding with and also had f3s up at @Great_lakes_Genetics website at one point, hopefully someone can chime in and further guide @JustSumTomatoes as to if they are still available and where

3 Likes

My friend had a cut only purple sour diesel during the good medical days. I got a lb off him way back when and holy hell was it some awesome purple d. O man this cut was amazing. Well, the lb ended up being fully seeded and he had thought he played a trick on me. Well I ground the full lb and got a bazillion seeds. I grew it for 15 years. They ended up being fem seeds and were a basic copy of the clone only. I have none left. And wasn’t keen on thinking of mothering it. This strain has been lost to the past I think. I think this because he held it and wouldn’t let it go. The plant no longer exists.

6 Likes

Has to be Skunker for me🦨! White Widow circa 96’ as well…, But definitely “Not” missing brick weed!

2 Likes

A good friend of mine Andy did a lot of breeding here in AK with the 95 WW…still holding a ton of those hybrids that he made.

If you’d like some let a brother know. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You wont find That caliber of weed in any of the newer stuff ,Never will.Simons White Russian set aside from his just as awesome AK-47 from that time period early 2000 2003 was some one Toke shit where is there even any one toke shit anymore?Anyone else notice that?That White Russian was some heavy heavy shit.First time i ever completely whited out on weed im talking White out tv set with radio static in the background like riding on a Cloud when you come to its All a fog and the only thing you remember was having a blast.There is no one toke shit like that anymore i just commented the other day whens the last time you even seen or rolled a Pinner?All of the newer weed is all IG supermodel bag appeal They are but an empty vessel made to Chief on and smoke and smoke and smoke on but hit the ceiling so fast its over in an hour But boy dont they taste good huh ?lol I miss it when we didn’t concentrate on Baked desserts so much as what the effect was.

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure this strain is Granddaddy purple… or you could give Grandma purple a try for that same grape flavor!

1 Like

I think generally tolerance was lower, including strain tolerance.

Now everyone can smoke everything, and it’s all pretty palletable. People don’t want that supernova white out weed, but I assure you it’s out there. For every one AKBB there are 20 people like him who just kept cuts and bred their own fire without releasing it to the world.

1 Like