Strawberry Cream from Led_Seedz (OG fundraiser auction)

These are predictably beautiful. The males will start to slowly leak pollen before the big dumps occur later.

Do you think they’ll start leaking within say 72 hrs? I can hang a light for them in the corner of the room, until the cab is finished. I’ve got some furniture to move out, to free up more space.

They should start leaking after about 2-3 weeks from being in 12/12, typically. Also you can follow the development until you see the anthers begin to mature, then, for sure, the leaks will begin.

Thanks @99PerCent. That gives me enough time to pull this off. Tomorrow is day 11, post flip.

At 11 days you could see pollen as soon as today. 2 to 3 weeks may be true of Sativa’s, but Indica leaning plants are much faster. One small flower “could” potentially pollinate the entire crop.

Not a chance I am willing to take personally. Also if these are going to be in the same building, chances are they will get exposed Unless you are sending all air through a hepa filter and exiting the building chances are your going to make seeds. All it takes is one flower open to smash an entire grow area FWIW.

5 Likes

…and maybe grows that take a little more time.

I don’t think I can turn a plant as quickly as someone who is very skilled and using hydro.

1 Like

After little thought, I’m not taking the chance. The executions begin at sunrise :skull: They’re not in the tent now, but still in the same room (not for long). Maybe I’ll keep males (outside) on the next (summer) grow.

1 Like

Greetings everyone! I’ve been under the weather lately so I haven’t had the energy to post much. These are pics from the past 3 days. The 4 males are out in the snow somewhere. Many thanks to @LED_Seedz for his link on “Proper Plant Identification”. Excellent read. http://www.growweedeasy.com/male-plants-bananas-hermies. After reading it, and 2 hrs. with a loupe, I may have 2 Hermaphrodites. LMK what you all think.

I’ll get some pics of #1 later tonight. Photo friendly tent lighting will be installed tomorrow. Here’s some shots of the confirmed ladies.

#8 (front row center) is hungrier than the rest. They’re all on the same diet. 52 oz/day of 5g Megacrop, 3ml CalMag+ & 3ml KoolBloom (172-73-237-35) EC 2.0.
More pics tomorrow :peace:

5 Likes

I hope you get to feeling 100% soon.

1 Like

I see nothing in the top 2 pictures that show anything defining. The third pic is a female.

4 Likes

You are correct again, Sir. I think I mistook the slow growing, leaf primordia for a deformed male cluster in the top picture. I spent an hour scoping the plants today and they’ve rejoined their sisters. 8 girls out of 13 seeds, 61.5%. Pretty good ratio!

The clusters of male flowers with white pistols in the only real way to see, and I have seen over 50 of this strain and have had no issues with ANY of my released strains. They have been stress tested with spider mites, broad mites, and fungus gnats and everything currently released has gone through this at an off site facility.

One can never say never but I just don’t let anything get out there like that. I get so much as a deformed mutation in any line and I destroy it immediately.

I am confident in saying that nothing from me will have a genetic issue. Stress from other things like lights being left on and other things could cause issues, but that’s most genetics.

I appreciate the updates. Keep them coming!

7 Likes

Plants are looking good. Good luck! I just purchased a pack of these seeds a couple days ago. Can’t wait to try them!

2 Likes

My apologies, Sir. I did not mean to infer it was due to genetics or anything on your part. I was sure it was something I’d done. I had to extend their daylight by 30-40 minutes a couple times for maintenance or pics, but I never interrupted a light cycle. All 13 plants were vigorous from the start, and continue to be.

2 Likes

Thanks for lookin’ in. They are hardy plants and vigorous growers. You won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

No apology needed brother. If I was to ever have an issue with hermaphrodites I would obviously want to be the first to know.

I take a lot of pride in what I do and always let the results from the growers tell the story.

breedbyexample

7 Likes

Hello All! Hope you’re all doing well. It’s Day 22 since the flip. The supplemental lighting is up. I hung 2 250W LED floods from trouble lights, minus the cages. It gives f/r light from above for better pics, and the 3000K helps the girls a little.
Here’s a few random pics. The stretch is on!

#4, 24" tall, one of 2 Phenos I’m noticing. The tallest, #10 (behind #4) is 28".

#2, I think, 27"

The group photo

The First Pheno averages 27" tall and is more open, has good structure, strong branches. The second Pheno averages about 5" shorter, is bushier and stinkier. Faint skunk & pine-sol? I’ve abused tobacco for many years, so my sense of smell is off. 4 of each Pheno. I’ll try to get some individual plant pics tomorrow. Here’s to :strawberry::strawberry::strawberry::strawberry: Jam Girls?

9 Likes

Greetings Everyone! Today, before feeding, I took them out for pics. Not the greatest lighting though. First pic shows the lights I added.

#10 at 29"

#1 One of 2 I thought had hermied.

#8 the only one in ProMix HP showing deficiencies.

#9 the other mistaken hermie

#4,

And finally here’s #5

Have a great weekend everyone :peace:

9 Likes

These look really great.

Nice!

Need smellovision.

3 Likes

Mid-week greetings everyone! It’s day 27 of 12/12. I wouldn’t normally post pics of bud sites, but trichomes have been developing for 2 days now. I just had to share my excitement! With about 40 days till harvest, these are gonna be some frosty girls!

The light glare makes it hard to see the trichs on the tops.

A couple group shots

I didn’t take any cuttings (no space), so it’s getting crowded in there fast. I’ll probably stake them this weekend when the green Velcro tape arrives. The stretch may be coming to an end. No height increase on #10 (30") for 2 days. Once they’re staked, I’m thinking of lightly trimming the lower 20% of leaves. No pruning or super cropping! Just those that are light limited or are a drain on the plant. Too much stress IS a concern. Should I trim them at all? Trim a plant all at once, or trim 1/2 the plant twice, 3 days apart? LMK.

Overall, imho, I think they’re looking good. There’s no tip burn, and (under normal light) the leaves are a med-dark green. The N, Ca & Mg deficiencies of #8 have improved quite a bit. They’re being fed 80 oz every 2-3 days: 5.5 g Megacrop, 3ml CalMag, 3ml KoolBloom & 5ml FloraNectar (a gift) per gal/H2O. EC 2.1, PPM 1050 (.5) & 5.9 pH. I usually don’t feed any plants past EC 1.8, but @LED_Seedz suggested ppm was spot on. These girls like it hot. More to come this weekend. :peace:

9 Likes