Strawberry Cream from Led_Seedz (OG fundraiser auction)

I don’t recommend trimming on flowering plants past two weeks. It causes the hormone auxin to be produced and plants go in to a repair mode and the flowering is slowed and overall weight will suffer.

Just keep doing like you are and the plants will reward you.

What is your final male to female ratio?

8 Likes

After reading the whole “Leaf Stripping” thread, I had 1 new question for every 2 it answered. I forgot about the hormones though.

The final count is 8 females out of 13 seeds, 61.5% female :thumbsup: The most plants I’ve ever grown in my 4’x4’x7’ tent is 5. I’d give 2 away to make space, but I don’t want to chance missing that Strawberry Jam girl!

I will! Thanks to input from you and several others here, you’ve kept me on track. Thanks Bro.

4 Likes

looking beautiful so far m80 do they have any early smells? how much total wattage of light do you have in there now? i’m running 10 females in my 4x4x7 but i think i overvegged them, flipped them about 2.5ft and a few are over 4ft now, ill be interested to see how our yields compare (i’ll prob have more larf lol)

3 Likes

Glad you like 'em @legalcanada To my nose, I’m getting pine & some citrus scents. Some have a little skunk in the mix.

I’m using a blurple, Lush Dominator 2X, 700W equiv? 235 actual watts. Probably on the low side of w/sq ft.

Didn’t you lollipop yours, or have I confused you with another grower?

Same here, 5 wk veg, but not as tall as yours. Mine were 14" - 18" (#10 was 22") when flipped. I think they may stretch to 33" or so. I’d be happy with 2.5 oz per plant. What’s larf?

1 Like

larf is like the B grade kinda airy popcorn buds from the bottoms

3 Likes

Hello all! Hoping you and your gardens are doing well! I finally got around to staking 1/2 of the girls (when I wasn’t out plowing snow). They’re thirst has doubled since my last post, up to 48 oz/day now. There’s a little stretch left in 'em, 5 are 30" - 32", the 2 (late to show) females are 23" now. I took the pics before feeding today. The leaves are somewhat twisted from overcrowding.

#8, it stretched 9" in 4 days

#10 has slowed down.

More to come tomorrow. :peace: :snowman:

12 Likes

looking beautiful! I see you don’t believe in topping - is it just this strain or do you prefer single-cola every time?

1 Like

Thanks @Muleskinner, they’re coming around. They’re still a lighter green down low. I think it’s due to a lack of light, I could be wrong.

Not necessarily, just low confidence in my skills. I tried it my last grow. I tried to fim 3 Borderliners. One eventually looked like it was topped. I think I snipped the others too high, the leaves were cut up and the stem just kept on growing. I planned on topping these and taking cuttings per @LED_Seedz advice. But, there seemed to be a different plant stress each week, and I simply waited too long. Third times a charm, they say. I like ALL colas!

6 Likes

I love getting that huge single cola up at the top of the plant. But I usually top right after they show preflowers during veg to get more budsites closer to the light. With powerful lights it doesn’t matter as much though. You can see the overall growth rate of these plants, they got huge :+1::+1:

3 Likes

The plants look great. Your self confidence should follow along too.

Nice work.

4 Likes

Thanks for your comment and encouragement 99. I’ve got my fingers crossed lol. 1st attempt growing reg seeds & things were happening faster than I’m used to (must be @LED_Seedz superior genetics) . I used too much LITFA during veg. I’m more pro-active now.

3 Likes

Very nice looking plants @Yooper63! :heart_exclamation: :thumbsup:

3 Likes

I wish i had smell’o vision! Your grow looks legit! I bet these would make some great extracts. I am on board with what 99% said. Keep it growin!

1 Like

Glad you like 'em. I almost poisoned them 2 days ago. I can’t count, and worthless pH meters are pissing me off. They got fed my usual mix of nutes, but with 7ml KoolBloom at 5.3 pH (pricey new meter). So, yesterday I fed them 1/2 strength mix at 6.4 pH rather than a straight H2O flush. Hopefully they’re at 5.8 now. More to follow.

1 Like

Thanks, I wish my sense of smell was better. The tent smells a little skunky/earthy, but rubbed individually, they smell more like mint, pine and earth. Smells seem to change as they grow.

I do make a lot of tincture for cooking and salves, For now, I just dream of getting a rosin press someday.

2 Likes

Greetings Everyone! Time for the mid-week report. I decided not to stake the 2 short girls (#1 & #9) for now. I did stake #5 & #12 though. The trichomes are multiplying daily as stretching slows. #s 2, 8 & 10 are 33" tall… 4, 5 & 12 are 30" and #1 & 9 are 24". Their 48 oz daily feeding consists of 5g Megacrop, 4ml CalMag+ and Koolbloom & 10ml Flora Nectar per gal. (154-86-287-52) EC 2.00, 5.9 pH. They’re almost too lush looking!
Here’s # 1

#5 is next up

#9, my (nearly culled) favorite. No stretch, just bud sites!

And finally #12, not much for trichomes yet.

Finishing up with group pics. There’s not much room for proper poses. “Eight is Enough” LOL!

I want to thank everyone for their kind comments, questions 'n answers, and encouragement. Keep it up… you’re easing my learning curve. :peace:

8 Likes

If you get a rosin press, i hear bubble hash is great for that. Bubble washers are pretty affordable these days, the bags are as well. I hear ya though, i dream of getting one haha!

5 Likes

Weekend report: Day 38 of 12/12. Last feeding, I instead fed 32 oz per plant. l planned to feed the remaining solution today (48 hrs later). I checked the pH, and it had dropped from 5.8 to 5.1 Is this normal? I dumped it & made a fresh 5.8 pH solution. Does a low pH cause otherwise healthy, lower leaves to fall off if touched? Or, is it more light related?
The girls are steadily getting frostier

I think I’ll keep feeding at EC 2.00 until they tell me different Any thoughts?

4 Likes

Light and air movement

Explain your setup a bit more. Are you nutrients pre mixed, in some sort of container. I am curious how you are measuring to get these numbers? Once I have a bit more info I can explain.

I will once I know why your PH went low.
:wink:

4 Likes

My soilless medium consists of 75% peat, 15% perlite & 10% GS2. I always mix the nutrients (5g Megacrop, 4ml CalMag+, 3ml KoolBloom & 10ml FloraNectar per/gal.) with 4 gal tap/well water (ph 8.3, 75ppm) in a 6 gal food grade bucket. I stir 5 min., then test and adjust pH to 5.8, measure EC/TDS, and transfer to 4 milk jugs for easy transport to the grow room. Results were: pH 5.8, EC 2.10, TDS 1050. I had 2 gal leftover, poured a sample in a shot glass and checked the pH with the same, new HM PH80 meter 48 hrs later, before using it. The pH had dropped to 5.1. I didn’t check TDS. The meter was accurate at 4.01 & 7.01. PH Down isn’t time released. Perhaps the nutrients are interacting, and lowering the pH over time?

I’ve got an 8" oscillating fan lightly blowing the lower 10" of the plants. It’s dimly lit down there though.

3 Likes