Strawberry Cream from Led_Seedz (OG fundraiser auction)

Stored nutes will normally have a slight lowering effect. It also happens in rez type systems for the first 3 to 4 days.

I think I have read that the Megacop does not need to be adjusted, however I have always said that PH is the single most important thing in growing hydroponics so I would still adjust to at least 5.7 to 5.8 before use just to be safe. They would stay a bit more accurate if they were stored in a open air type setup when they could interact with their surroundings. Kind of the same principle of why fish aquariums stay where you set them.

The tops of your plants are the true indicator of where your food is, and to me they look damn near perfect. I’d make the PH adjustment and keep doing what your doing. If anything seems to change just let us know right away and we’ll try to get the fix in b 4 any real issues arise.

3 Likes

The initial pH was 6.3. If I make the solution, and leave it in the bucket a few days, I may not need to adjust much, if at all. I wanted to see if the pH drop was repeatable, so yesterday, I made a 1 gal solution with 5g Megacrop only, pH 6.6, and jugged it. I’ll be testing pH over the next few days. I’m a nerd and info junkie, what can I say lol.

That’s quite a compliment coming from the Master… It’s really the sound advice you’ve given me, put into practice :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I just started a test run using Mega Crop and have found that given 24 - 48 hrs my rez seems to drop from 6.2 to 6.0 fresh mixed…same with veg the rez dropped about 0.2 pH over 24-48 hours and then held until the ramp started in effect. I’m very impressed so far with the simplicity…now will it hold up to my standards for grows or will i need to add in Mammoth P as a bloom booster…time will tell.

2 Likes

Wondering why you have to add CalMag. Isn’t you well water high in it up there?

1 Like

You would think so… But I’ve had Ca & Mg deficiencies in the past (too newb to know what it was). I live on a miles wide, sand pile, with an iron mine 3 miles away. Yet, there’s no measurable iron in my water either. pH 8.3, 75 ppm (after a whole-house sediment filter). Go figure!

3 Likes

Hi everyone. Checking in with the weekend update. It’s really crowded in the tent now, which is bringing new problems. Lack of light is causing most plants to drop 1 or 2 leaves a day. I guess I’ll have to live with it. There was the slightest tip burn (@ 1mm) starting, so I lowered the EC to 1.8. The burn stopped for now, but turned brown. Here’s a pic, typical of the dropped leaves.

Some group shots

#1, 27" Filling out n’ getting frosty

#2, 34"

#2 with damage caused by a bug, I think.

This is the only critter I could find

#4 32"

#5 33"

#8, 36" One of two Big Girls!

#9 The runt at 24". I’m pulling for the underdog. No stretch and very frosty.

It’s petioles have been red since mid-veg. Now it’s developing pink leaf veins. Does it look P deficient?

#10 34"

Finishing up with #12. The other Big Girl at 36".

I better quit now, before I exceed the daily upload limit lol. All comments are appreciated. Keep 'em Green :peace:

13 Likes

Do you have to water every day? I missed what size pots they were in.

2 Likes

Looks like the Strawberry Jam pheno. Give it a squeeze and see if you get back the strawberry smell.

I can see that these are a bit under lit, but other than that fine. Keep doing what your doing and maybe get that EC down to 1.7 going forward.

5 Likes

Hi @corners, glad you stopped by. I’m feeding each Girl a 1/2 gal of nutrient solution every other day. That seems to be the sweet spot (for this strains) wet/dry cycle. They’re in 5 gal Dirt Pots. Happy Growing!

3 Likes

Hello everyone! Day 46 of Flowering. I know it’s a little early for the mid-week update, but it’s grocery day for the Girls, and I’ve been keeping my :eyes: on that potential “Strawberry Jam Girl”. The red veins are spreading to the mid leaves now… I’m getting stoked!

She’s stacking nicely and getting frostier. I reduced the nutrients to 4.5 g Megacrop, 5 ml FloraNectar, 3ml calMag & 2ml Kool Bloom per gal. (EC 1.70, 845 ppm, 5.8 pH). I’m guessing there’s about 3 weeks to harvest. I can hardly wait.

8 Likes

Pardon my ignorance, but, where do you squeeze the plant? When I lightly rub the stem halfway up, I smell faint pine, more citrus and a sweet, undefined, kinda berry scent. She smells wonderful. Actually, they’re all getting more pungent everyday.

2 Likes

Squeeze lightly on the lower side of a flower and get your fingers all sticky and give it a wiff. You’re looking for a Sharp strawberry smell.

6 Likes

Greetings everyone! Weekend update: It’s day 51 of Flowering. The Girls are getting plumber and frostier, despite fighting for space. They’re still dropping 1 or 2 small, lower leaves per day. There’s enough light for 6 plants, but 8 is pushing it. I’m feeding the same mix at 1.7 EC. I’m tempted to increase the P & K this last week, before reducing to .6 EC before harvest. I don’t know if it’s necessary, the plants look healthy enough.

On to the pics

#1, 27"

#2, 35"

#4, 33"

#5, 34"

#8, 36"

#10, 35"

#12, 36"

And finally, #9, 24" I’ve got a head cold, so I haven’t bothered with the squeeze n sniff test.

She’s filling in nicely! I’m wondering when her leaves will darken.

11 Likes

They all look fine. I wouldn’t change a thing and just keep doing what you’re doing. Bit under lit is all I can see from here.

4 Likes

Greetings Everyone! Mid-Week Update: It’s now Day 55 of Flowering. The Girls are getting frostier every day. The buds have all got 5-10% amber pistils. The trichomes are about 50/50 clear or cloudy. None are amber but 2 plants have a few “Red Heads”. It’s getting more difficult moving them out/in for pics without damaging them, so I’m leaving them inside from now on. Please pardon the shaky, crowded pics.

#10 and #5

#2 and #8

#9 She smells like berries, but I can’t tell which one. Damn :nose:

I forgot which one’s these are.

I’m kinda on auto-pilot now, no changes, just counting down the daze. And hoping nothing goes wrong.
@LED_Seedz, What’s the average flowering time for these girls? I was thinking 63.

10 Likes

63 is going to be pretty close on most but there will be 70 day finishers as well. You should start to bulk from here on out.

They are all looking very good! Keep them rolling just like you are.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info @LED_Seedz. I think I’ve identified 3 late finishers. I may have to modify my plans for that weekend. Gotta chop them at their peak, eh! I was concerned about all the “taco” leaves, until I just read in the Starfighter IBL log, (after taking pics), that it’s due to the Starfighter’s influence. I thought I under-watered them.Oh well, I can’t let the pics go to waste.

The seasons are a changin’. Tent humidity was getting into low 60% at night. I replaced the Humidifier with a De-Humidifier. So far, I’ve got the lights-off RH down to 46%.

Edit: Added text.

13 Likes

They look wonderful! :seedling:

4 Likes

Amazing @Yooper63 just wish we had some smell-o-vision!

4 Likes

Thanks @G-paS and @Swampthing. I couldn’t have done it without the OG fam’s guidance.

Yeah, wouldn’t that be a great app for “Alexa” :grin:

4 Likes