Strawberry Cream from Led_Seedz (OG fundraiser auction)

Hi Everybody! Here’s the Week-end Update: It’s Day 59 of Flowering. More pistils are browning. Trichome clarity is still about 50/50 with an occasional amber one.

Some random pics

I’ll give the on-time group a heavy watering tomorrow, not quite a flush. I figure to do the same in 4 days with the slowpokes. I always screw up timing when to flush before the harvest. 10 more days and they should be hanging! :strawberry:

12 Likes

Just grabbed a 12-Pack of these. I can only hope…

4 Likes

Nothing about the health of these plants tells me they need flushed.

Flushing is for people who over feed, and these have been grown perfectly to this point.

Maybe as an experiment flush half and feed half and see for yourself.
:wink:

6 Likes

My germination rate was 100%. 61.5% Female, of those, 12.5% chance of finding the “Strawberry Jam Girl”. Pretty good odds! Good luck!

6 Likes

nice plants and nice pictures as well

5 Likes

I fed all of them 1/3 strength yesterday (.78 EC). Thought I’d feed the late ones, one last time, when flushing the others. Yes, I’m up for an experiment. Always willing to learn. :books:

5 Likes

I chose these too, with much credit to @Yooper63’s nice growing.
We’re all in here waiting for @Yooper63 to go "I found the Strawberry one!! :strawberry: :fireworks::laughing:

6 Likes

You may have to wait a bit. I stuck my nose in a jar of strawberry jam last night and came up empty. #10 smells like pine, sweetness and the slightest hint of “lighter fluid”. My son may have to make that determination.

6 Likes

Over due Greetings everyone! I forgot to do a mid-week report, busy week. It’s Day 65 of Flowering. 5 or 6 plants have 80% amber to brown pistils. Their trichomes average 95% cloudy, with very few amber ones. The others are catching up, 60% amber pistils, 75% cloudy trichomes, no amber. I wish they’d ripen faster. I’ve got to chop all the girls in 3 days, so they can hang while we’re camping.

I watered the 4 ripest girls and fed the others 1/4 strength nutes mid-week. I can’t say it made any difference. None of the leaves are yellowing/browning. There is an strong aroma of earth, skunk, and pine or mint in the tent though.

Here’s a few random pics.

Here’s #9

I’ll be sure to post pics on harvest day. Maybe I’ll be able to smell :strawberry::strawberry: by then!

10 Likes

They look great.

Hope you enjoy your camping trip.

2 Likes

Thanks! I was kinda expecting their leaves to darken or change coloring near harvest. It’s all good :grinning:

I will, if I can keep my mind off the crop drying at home alone :sweat: I’m sure they’ll be fine.

3 Likes

For sure still bulking and not looking like they are ready in 3 days. Shame they have to go down early.

This one resembles the Jam pheno in structure.

5 Likes

Are you referring to the whole grow or the late ones? How much longer do you think? This is day 65. I’ve been thinking about this potential dilemma for 2 weeks. That extra week of Veg is coming back to bite me, schedule wise.

I’ve always hung the whole harvest in the tent to dry. If I split the crop, the only other place I have to dry plants is in the sauna with a fan, but no environmental control. They’d be ready for curing while I’m away. The 3 slowpokes are still being fed 1/3 strength, is it possible they could last 9 more days without too much degradation?

There are 2 more similar to that one.

3 Likes

Day 65 flipped or day 65 since showing sex?

9 days with no watering I don’t think would be good so certainly the reward now not the risk later taking a chance is better for sure.

Only way to really know is to check the trics. Certainly don’t have to go amber, but I’m not taking them myself if they are not at least all cloudy with very little clear showing.

4 Likes

65 Days since the flip. about 57 days from showing. Maybe 50 days for the 2 shy ones to show.

I don’t leave for 4 days. My son should be able to water them halfway through my absence. 3 days max between drinks.

I checked trics today. The early group (5) is 95% cloudy 3% amber now The 3 late ones are 75% cloudy, no amber. I was hoping the late group could get to 95% by Wed.

3 Likes

Probably close enough TBH. Nothing speedy about these at all so a little early won’t hurt too bad. Only on the yield side.

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I wanted to give a quick update b4 I hit the road. It’s Day 70 since the flip. 90% brown pistils, some clear trics, no amber though. I’ll be chopping them down Wednesday. I fed them (unusually) well the last 3 days and poured a gallon of 6.3 pH water in each drip tray 10 minutes ago. That ought to keep them for a few days. @LED_Seedz is correct… they’re leaves are starting to darken, kinda blackish green, and plumping up a bit too. Sorry, no pics this time, I’m running late. I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. :peace:

6 Likes

Greetings All! It’s good to be home again. The plants survived better than I did LOL. I gave 'em a trim, then chopped & hung them yesterday (day 78). I thought they’d be “well done” (20-30% amber trics), but no, still about 5% with none clear. I dried/smoked a bud and I’m impressed :thumbsup::thumbsup: I can’t wait to smoke it when it’s cured properly. Here are some before & after pics. Hope you all enjoy :smiley:

Here’s #1 27"

And #2 36", yeah, I missed a couple leaves.

#4 is 34"

#5 has a few blackish, purple green leaves. 33"

#8 is a pretty girl, 37"

#9 may be the “Jam Girl” at 24". Not quite Strawberry, but smells distinct from the others.

#10 is 35" tall

And finally, here’s #12, 37" tall

And the best pic, imho.

I’ll have a few more updates, like finding the Jam Girl, smoke report & yield. This has been my easiest and most rewarding grow so far. Mostly due to you folks’ input, especially @LED_Seedz. Thank You All. :peace:

P.S. I’ll be waiting for @99PerCent and @Scissor-Hanz to show me how it’s really done, lol.

12 Likes

I don’t expect I will be topping this effort.

Beautiful work @Yooper63

99 %

5 Likes

Very proper, a well executed test grow. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. :peace:

5 Likes