Stressed seedlings

I’ve had these seeds in the ground for about 6 weeks. They broke ground immediately but its been one thing after another. First it took 2 weeks to realize my water had a ph of 8.5 I got that resolved but the leaves keep discoloring and drying up. I realized I was under watering and started giving them a good ph correct soak of just water. I’m using a 275 watt led from Hygrow and I have a feeling I have the light turned up too high. I recently transplanted two of the stronger seedlings in hopes of root space being an issue. This is my first time growing in about 15 years. I feel like I lost my greenthumb lol!

5 Likes

Hello. I’m hemp. You look dry. you have a lot of wood chips in there. I’m a look at your pictures some more

By the looks of the pictures you do look a little dry have you stuck your finger down to feel. They look like you’ve been tagging off of them. Also look like they need a good feeding. But not too much you’re still really young.

1 Like

I’ll see where you added water but light might be too bright. I would get some car spray definitely some water at the top those leaves.

Alaskan fish fertilizer Neptune or some of the best things to give your young plants. That .1 will bring them back

1 Like

That’s what I thought. I’ve only delt with hps before so I figured full blast would be ok even with 18inches of space. I’ve dialed it back to 60%.

2 Likes

you need a small LED light you can get some red ones pretty cheap

1 Like

Welcome I’ll be around to help you

1 Like

Hit me up anytime I’ll try and do what I can for you and others to help you. My friends. @MoBilly @HappyGoLucky21 @BigMike55 . This is one of our new friends say hello. That’s way to close. Any kind of light in the beginning will be fine. Kitchen lights

1 Like

Indeed, too much light and overwatering are the 2 main things people seem to over do with seedlings. We can always turn the lights up later. I recently messed up a bunch of seeds from overwatering in a rush and have barely pulled some out of it and now they are like a month+ behind in growth…Not fun.

1 Like

Yeah, even T-5 fluorescence High Ouput bulbs for early plants work very nice.

What’s your feeding schedule and what are you using to grow? They do look hungry, but if that’s it, they’ll bounce back. @Hemp is showing some great options for sick plants. Giving them easy going nutes while they get healthy will be best. Once they have a large rootball, it’s on!

1 Like

I haven’t fed them anything yet. Initially I was worried nutrients from the store bought soil was burning them. Currently they have only been getting water with a splash of super thrive. I have fox farm veg on deck if you guys think they need a light feed.

1 Like

Alaskan fish fertilizer If you can’t get anything else get that use half less they’ll love it

I would definitely start with the spray. They are a light. On the N

Do not try to push them at all it looks like you’ve been trimming some leaves. You’re rh is way low. The top your dirt is too dry looking. Your other plant looks beautiful the big one. Do not put your private information down here. Where are you located? Are you in the states. 6.5. You could drop down just a little bit 6.5 6.5 6.5. I would definitely next time I get new dirt. You need to pull those pieces of wood out of there. That is not gonna help your seeds at all. They make cheap seed soil. I always boil water first and wash that dirt to get the bugs out of it. The cardboard get it out of there do you want bugs you’ll get them with that. I’m sorry I got to be blunt with you right from the get go.

I have a few of these. They are cheap

1 Like

It’s nice having a dad or big sis to turn too, hemp you show why this place is a sparkle in some ones eye when they tell about the help they got here

3 Likes

Thank you I’ll try to help people I don’t ever try to overshadow

1 Like

I have some beans ordered so I’ll probably need some help soon enough.

Good luck kfm your in good hands dude.

image image image image

1 Like

image. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wTJKepcL-uk. A little show. I hope this helps.

1 Like