Stuck in TRIM PRISON? Show Us Your Tools for Combat

And thats the really sad part. No bees, and we’re doomed. Seriously, without pollenators, this world will change very fast. You would think farmers, above all, would get that because it DIRECTLY affects them. I plant TONS of flowers here, my garden pond has plenty of moist rocks for bees to drink from, and never use anything that will kill bees because I do so much to attract them here… Why aren’t more farmers of the same mindset?

Sorry to throw back to the first post but man…@Purple-N-Hairy…despite how much of a time suck I’m sure that trim job was, that’s some of the most appealing home grown I’ve seen. I prefer the way your process preserves the bulbous shape of each bud more or less as it was on the plant compared to the commercial trim jobs that tends to make each cluster look like a little pebble.

Also the quality of your starting material definitely helps :eyes::grin: nice job!

2 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Thanks very much @doubledankdoug! Yes, it’s definitely time consuming!! Even after all these years, there are no short cuts (no pun intended) for the kind of trim job I’m proud of. And you’re right - the starting material makes the final result that much more appealing.

2 Likes

Found a pic of the control side. When you first plug it in, no on/off switch, it has it’s highest temp setting so just knock it down to where you want 1° at a time. If you’re just making some distilled water you leave it but you want a temp close to the boiling point of the solvent you are reclaiming when doing that.

Comes with the big carafe too.

:peace:

2 Likes

found it on amazon. thanks, tons of other ones also will have to do some reading!

1 Like

I use a different distiller; one made specifically for alcohol. I made a thread about making RSO here…

2 Likes

im glad you tagged me this. going to go read it now bro.

1 Like

You’re very welcome! I see you’re going down the RSO path, so I know how it can be helpful to see how others do it. That’s exactly why I made that thread.

ya i used to make it back in the day in small batches like oz of bud at a time. the distiller seems so much easier than sitting it on a griddle outside. the only parts i hate are the clean up and waiting for the straining. i even did a second wash while inside a deep freezer to get all the fats out and make some really potent and clear oil. but this will be more medicinal instead of pleasure this time around and will need big batches like you have shown. i wonder if blasting honeyoil and then decarbing it the same thing ?

1 Like

Hmmm…I have no personal experience with that, but maybe somebody else here does?

EDIT:

That’s exactly how I got started. My brother had cancer and told me about this “Rick Simpson Oil” he had heard about. We watched Rick’s tutorial on YouTube. He bought an ounce for $300, I bought a rice make and 2 quarts of grain alcohol and we made a batch in his garage.

He never knew I grew (I live 700 miles away from family, and they’ve never been to my home). The next time I visited him, I brought 2 pounds of dried trim that I had been storing in the freezer and I made him more the could ever use. I’ve been making big batches ever since.

4 Likes

would be easier but cost more to make. as i have a tube that fits 4 ounces of material and i run 5 cans of butane through it. around 60 bucks for 12 cans.

no recaoture unless i spent a ton on a closed loop extractor lol… nope

2 Likes

I kinda prefer the one I have so I can adjust the temp for different solvents boiling points. I just got this one for ease of use over my DIY one using a large glass bottle and copper tubing to a copper coil condenser I made years ago. The seal on the countertop unit doesn’t like naphtha so will need the DIY one for that. Seems to absorb it and swell up breaking the seal and had it running like a river all down the sides. Fine with polar solvents like ISO, ethanol.

Using a 1L flat bottom boiling ball in an oil bath to purify toluene that boils at 114C if memory serves. That’s antifreeze in the condenser and I made it to hold a 2L pop bottle of frozen water with pickling salt in it so it stays cold longer. Just swap it out for a fresh one doing long runs.

I’m looking for a good heated magnetic stirrer. I have a small unheated one great for making colloidal silver with and with heat I can make it faster.

:peace:

3 Likes

lol…well, that’s perfect then! I’m not very intelligent, so I like to keep things simple :crazy_face:

1 Like

I actually did distill butane for making oil. 2 1L flat bottom boiling balls connected with 15’ of 3/16" copper tubing. One outside and one in the bottom of the freezer and the tubing in a coil in there. As long as the butane is kept below 0.5C it acts just like cold ISO. As I don’t have a pressure vessel to store it in once out of the cans I have to be set up to do a good run but can process at least 4x the amount of pot by catching it and using again right away.

No heating element required to boil off a small batch. Can do it by hand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

so nice and clear. but sounds complicated and intimidating to me in font haha

2 Likes

I feel your pain. Amazon usually does put stuff in the brown boxes and thats why I buy stuff from them more than I would like to. Not cool getting stuff like that put on your front porch in a non 420 state.

2 Likes

10 Likes

I think you’ll need bigger scissors.

5 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes