Stupidest OG question ever

So, I’m pretty new here and have already gotten a great welcome. :slight_smile: Thanks again. I’m confused about something:

I have ONE thread that I started about my current grow (Bud Sweetman’s Cheese, etc.)

Am I ONLY allowed to keep adding to that one thread? Should I keep ALL OF MY QUESTIONS in that one thread, or just the stuff that relates to that particular grow? Can I ask dumb questions like, “Does this look like a normal end-of-flower withering to you, or an actual nutes problem?”

I’m asking because I have LOTS of stupid questions to ask, but I want to understand better how to do that.

19 Likes

Ask anywhere, anytime. :beers:

15 Likes

Ask anywhere, super helpful site

17 Likes

Great minds think alike. :beers:

11 Likes

This site has a plethora of information on plants. I refer to it when I have questions still.

10 Likes

Yup what they said. Lol. I tend to ask my dumb questions on other people’s threads unless it’s directly related to my current grow. Those I ask on my thread. What’s cool is no one ever seems to mind regardless what I ask or how I ask it. It is very nice to know that so many folks have my back.

Most times I try and search related terms first. There’s been a ton of info I’ve found already.

8 Likes

Check the search bar for related topics to see if any pertain to the same thing. You can bump that thread and it will help to compile information.
If you question pertains to your grow it would probably be helpful to ask in your original thread or atleast link it because that is where the information is that we need to answer.

8 Likes

There are no stupid questions. We all learn from each other.
I’ve been growing herb since 1992 and i still learn new stuff from OG members weekly.

16 Likes

Pretty much anywhere. But a localized place is a good idea too.

6 Likes

I love this site for that reason. Yes, I try to do my own research here first, just as a courtesy to everybody else, of course. Thank you!

6 Likes

Try to deduce the answer on your own as often as you can, this will really help you build a solid self-sufficient knowledge base & you’ll only get better at it :+1: if whenever you can’t find out on your own, post literally anywhere here on Overgrow & peeps will teach out to you :pray:

Tips on that. … i often google things like “cannabis nitrogen toxicity” or “cannabis phosphorus deficiency” and compare multiple examples to what my plant might be exhibiting. Keys to searching are including obviously the word “cannabis” and (whatever element) + “toxicity” or “deficiency”.

GrowWeedEasy is a FANTASTIC resource in this regard because, honestly, Nebula seems to fuck plants up intentionally so that she can show you their symptoms. And it is VERY VERY helpful :+1::+1:

10 Likes

No reason to be confused. You can ask folks here pretty much anything. If you want the information then they are not dumb questions. There are different threads pertaining to many things so a quick search may find your answers without asking anyone. In the end, it’s all up to you.

9 Likes

Well said
Same for me
Fantastic growing Family here :pray:

6 Likes

I found this awhile back, it might help out at times.

8 Likes

I think the main questions is usually “does this have ANYTHING to do with what the original post was about?” But that said threads here are often conversation and composed posts mixed and like people said you can ask a question whenever, just like, don’t ask about seeds in a thread titled “clone discussion” unless it’s about seed versions of those clones. Does that make sense as an example?

3 Likes

Hey mate, I’ve got this, but THANK you. Awfully kind of you!

2 Likes

Yes, sir. Mostly it does. Thanks, buddy.

3 Likes

man I feel like I need this printed as a big poster hung up on the side of my tent lol

3 Likes

If you have a specific problem with a plant you can post it here:

It is by far my favourite section, you can learn a lot from others problems and avoid to have them in your plants … Pirata|nullxnull

3 Likes

Thanks, George! Much appreciated.

2 Likes