Subcool Seeds

@Guitarzan @schmarmpit, yours beans arrived…thanks!

8 Likes

As did yours. :+1:

5 Likes

Hey Gang
I just hoped online as the Jack the Ripper sparked my interest…I’m a big fan!
I realize I am late to the party sorta speak but figured I’d speak up to see if anyone on this thread is still in trading…I’m interested in anything Subcool…I meant to produce some more Jack the Ripper S1 and f2’s for myself, but sure enough my few beans were male…serves me right for saving it till the end.
I have beans from two JTR crosses I made with a couple mom’s I was holding on to…Ripper’s Widow (JTR (Subcool) x White Widow (Sensi/White Label), Ripper’s Gold (JTR x White Gold (White Label)…I’ve also got a bunch of Autos and Photo’s to swap if anyone has interest…The Fastbuds Tangiematic I have is very good too for Auto fans.

I’ve got broad interests…I’m trying to skew more towards strains I had when I was was young and landrace stuff but let me know…
Cheers

4 Likes

Hey @MrToast. Welcome to OG. I’m not positive, but I think the JTR is gone. I snatched the Vortex and Space Queen. I’m gonna do a preservation run on the Space Queen, so there should be seeds available in 3 months or so. :grinning:

12 Likes

Thank you for the welcome…and the heads up…Give me a shout when you’re finished your seed run and perhaps we can find some beans to swap.

Best Regards,

Trevor

4 Likes

Absolutely we can swap, but there’s another way to get seeds here on OG. There’s a sub-forum of the Breeders Lab called Seed Run Co-Ops. https://overgrow.com/c/breeders-lab/seed-runs-co-op/37

The idea is to take rare, discontinued, or landrace strains, and preserve them by making and distributing seeds on OG. A lot of people will do seeds runs on strain they’ve created too.

Here’s the whole story:

Read through it and start getting your member level up, and by the time those SQ seeds are ready, you’ll be on the signup list. :grinning:

7 Likes

Very Cool…I like the vibe of this site already. :slight_smile:
Thx

4 Likes

That’s great news, @Guitarzan! Best of luck germing those old beans, and best wishes for a proper mom and dad. I’ll likely be popping my Candy Mix in the next run or two. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Hi @MrToast, Welcome to Over Grow!!

We have a whole ecosystem of growers, stoners and tons of projects on the go!

As @Guitarzan said, check out the Breeders Lab and explore!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Hello Tejas, im a bit late into the post. do you still got some? id love to get some subcool beans.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Hey someone on here made me aware of MzJill (@mzjillgrower) on Instagram • 525 photos and videos. She was somehow associated with Subcool and still has some of his strains I guess. Figured I’d pass it along.

3 Likes

At one time, they were married!!! She, according to others, was instrumental in many of Subcool’s strains. She’s on strainly.io, by the way. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Don’t buy anything from her or the scum that took over TGA after his death.

Ask around & find some F2s for free or trade. They’ll find you.

:unamused:

:evergreen_tree:

11 Likes

That’s my take also, but didn’t want to offend. I’d rather pass on the crookedness involved!! Thanks for putting the word out. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I didn’t realize there was anything crooked about her. I only recently even learned of her and more recently that she was an ex. Thanks for the heads up. I won’t support scummy shit, I just didn’t realize it was the case here.

7 Likes

@kushdaddy - fair enough, but who are we to evaluate their relationship? just onlookers. the flipside of said point is that she was nobody before or without him? :neutral_face: She has her 3 strains, sure. :man_shrugging:

that’s f*ckin disgusting IMO. really hope karma brings down the hammer on them & then some.

@Guitarzan re: previous discussion; pedal to the metal :+1: :seedling: :seedling: :seedling: :seedling: :seedling: :seedling: :seedling:

5 Likes

You know man, I was just thinking I needed to touch base with you on this. Well Yee-Haw then. :cowboy_hat_face:

I don’t have a lot of Sub’s stuff, but I’ve got 5 Space Queen 2006 seeds. :grinning: I’ve also got 10, Vortex 2006, and 5 from 2018. I have a few other strains, but none of his signature stuff.

Fandango (5)
Scarlet Queen (5)
Sweet Tea (5)
Purple Apollo/The Void (10)
Bigfoot (10)

So, who else has some Sub Seeds? I think some Sub Runs would be very fitting, and it’d be nice to have more than just 5 Space Queen seeds to run. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

14 Likes

I sent out my last subcool stuff to some people to try and pop right when I joined here. I had 5 jtr and 5 of the 3rd dimension. Would love to get vortex or void again. Chenobyl is an all time favorite of mine. Every subcool bean I sprouted was top notch…

8 Likes

I bought 6 of his strains including Vortex, and all of them were excellent plants.The Vortex I grew was some of the best weed I’ve ever grown, or smoked.
:guitar:

9 Likes

‘Badger’(IG: BadgersBatch–I think) was helping sub for some years before the '17 fire and Mendo Dope & probably Frenchy & who knows who else have beans & cuts. IIRC, Sub stated that Badger had the whole library preserved, all the males cloned. :man_shrugging: I never pursued it but he struck me as a very under-spoken & humble guy. Quite a contrast to Old Man Sub. :wave: :angel: :laughing:

I’m baked (:thinking: amazing, that…) & have no TGA gear. Can’t remember how to start a new preservation thread but I nominate “Subcool TGA OG Memorial Library” but perhaps he would find that too somber or morose; “Subcool TGA Preservation Project” might be more accurate & less death-y. All us old f*ckers find deathiness more distasteful every passing year. :pensive: And the herb is about regeneration of life. Earth’s mother energy. :hibiscus:

('said I was baked)

15 Likes