Subcool's Test data Thread

I need a place to document some test I have going and I have kind of made this my home now.

TGAGenetics Testing Results
Genetics Tested: Neal Cassaday (Hippie Crippler X Space Dude)

Grow Notes: Starting with a five pack, I got fast germination. All 5 sprouted using Rapid Rooters within 48 hours. Growth was very bushy by week 3 and I noticed very cool double serrated leaves on all five phenotypes. Week 4, the internodes were very close with the side branching leaving the main stem at almost a 90’ angle. At this point the plants were wider than they were tall. By week 5 all plants showed sex and I had 2 females and 3 males. The males were discarded and the females tagged #1 and #2. Both phenotypes have similar structure; wide, bushy, thin sativa like leaves. Week 7, the growth has slowed down as the plants seem to be filling out. A stem rub has a nice smell. Skunky citrus. Both phenotypes are still very similar at this point. At 71 days the plants were flipped into flower.
They are in #7 nursery pots with Black Magic Brand soil under 1000w HPS. (Not my usual soil.) After the first week of flower #2 doubled in height while #1 had a normal stretch getting only a foot taller. #2 continued to stretch into week 3 of flower, and had to be bent over. The bend caused a break in the main stem unfortunately, and it was mended immediately. More drama for these testers. I had my annual family vacation to attend and my trusted babysitter was not available. I needed to leave for 4 days and had to risk having the garden unattended. So, I was left with no choice but to flood the plants and hope for the best. I got the worst. While gone the AC to my flower room took a shit. I returned and found my garden stressed and angry at me. But it should be noted that the Neal Cassaday took it like a champ. I was really impressed as I have some hardy strains that did not fare as well. In week 4, the buds started stacking up on #1 and #2 was getting more nugget like growth. This could be because the main cola of #2 was bent over. Putting the plants in cages was no longer an option. Had to be done. The horizontal growth of the side branching cannot support the weight. #1 smells like combination pineapple banana while #2 smells like artificial banana. The artificial banana is not mistakable. It smells like a yellow Popsicle or banana laffy taffy. By week 7 of flower, both phenotypes started to get a greasy gas smell accompanied with the tropical fruits mentioned before. Imagine bananas pineapples oranges and cherries mashed up in a bowl then sprayed with a little wd40. #2 having more banana and less grease. At 65 days I deemed them finished. With resin covering anything close to a stem, both phenotypes are very frosty. Great for hash. Each plant in spite of the early problems harvested close to 5oz. #1 = 132g and #2 = 120g
Neal Cassaday #2
Description: Finishing at 65 days, Neal Cassaday is an easy plant to grow. Very hady and forgiving, making it great for beginners or those with difficulty growing. Both phenotypes are similar with the taller smelling of artificial bananas. The artificial banana is not mistakable. It smells like a yellow Popsicle or banana laffy taffy. To get a true sense of what Neal Cassady smells like, imagine bananas, pineapples, oranges and cherries mashed up in a bowl then sprayed with a little wd40. The taller pheno having more banana and less grease/gas. The taste is tropical with hints of gas and on exhale flavors of grapefruit and candy. With resin covering anything close to a stem, both phenotypes are heavy trichome producers. Great for hash. The effects are uplifting and energetic. You can feel it hit your face almost immediately. Expect to giggle a little, and have a fight with perma grin.
Phenotypes: Bushy plants with two phenotypes. One taller with more banana, and one with more grease.
Height: Medium to Tall
Yield: Average to large yields of very resinous and greasy flowers.
Best way to grow: Cage plants early to support horizontal growth of the side branching.
Harvest: 9-10 weeks
Sat/Ind: 80/20
Hybrid: Hippie Crippler x Space Dude
High Type: heady/ happy / uplifting /energetic /pain relief / stimulating the mind and appetite
Taste/Aroma: Bananas / pineapples / citrus / cherries / candy / grease / gas

18 Likes

Sub, Your dedication and detail to the plants is insane I admire it! Finally have my first OWN grow going now had to start with what i had seed wise but my next run includes TGA genetics Cherrygasm! I believe you mentioned it being your 2nd favorite?! Cannot wait to run it ! keep up the awesome work!

2 Likes

TGAGenetics Testing Results
Genetics Tested: Gorilla Glue #4 x Querkle

Grow Notes: On April 20 2017, I placed the 5 testers I received into Root Riot plugs and waited for germination. My nursery temp is kept at 78’ and humidity is kept around %50. Within 24hrs I had 2 sprouts, and by the fourth day all five seeds had germinated. On April 28 I planted the seedling in 3” nursery pots. Growth was normal with the exception of one runt. Number 4 and 2 were the first to show sex on May 27 as males. On June 2nd I observed 3 and 5 were also males and number 1 was showing female. I destroyed the males and devoted my attention to what I thought was my only female. June 5th I noticed what might be a stamen growing on one of the nodes. On June 8th it was determined that my female was a dual sex plant. At this point I had to terminate the testing.
Results: From a 5 pack of seeds I got 4 male plants and one dual sex plant. I was not able to complete the testing as I did not find a true female. However, the male plants did show some desirable traits. A stem rub on number 5 had a strong mint smell very similar to toothpaste. I also observed peltate glandular trichomes covering the leaves of that same plant. (pic below) But with knowing the baggage that comes with Gorilla Glue coupled with the fact that I got a herm in my 5 pack, I don’t see it as a viable strain.

11 Likes

Cherrygasm makes some of the most amazing extracts I have ever seen.
I wish I had a few pounds to let Beezle make sauce from.

Sub

7 Likes

Awesome i love my flower but i plan to definitely do some bubble hash with it maybe try some frenchy cannoli style , that is a man id love to meet and chat with

5 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work and mind blowing genetics. I really enjoy reading, watching and experimenting with your work.
Congratulations on the Lester Grinspoon award. Weed Nerd for life!

3 Likes

hey sub want me to post on those new strains of yours here? or create a different thread?

ive got some brand new strains im working with. not on the market yet. tanks sub.

vanilla tart … cookies and dream x space queen
sweet tea … calio o x alcatraz x space queen
laika… strawdawg x space queen

be happy to share/trade any keepers i find there are any folks interested. i currently have 10 vanilla tart going right now 10 of 10 popped. based on height alone it looks like 5m 5f.

they are from tga and sub.

i can post pictures and a brief log too

6 Likes

Might as well start your own thread.

We want to see it and stuff.

5 Likes

Not to mention sub hasn’t been active on here in like 8 months…

3 Likes

Yes, this :point_up_2: please.

2 Likes