(Subterfuge #1 X Freakshow) X (ABC site 4 X Freakshow)

Very interesting thread here. Anyone got a smoke report on parents and or
expected potency? Definitely an outdoor variety to mix in with the tomatoes .
Lol, tie a few fake flowers on for subterfuge.

5 Likes

Iā€™m confused now too. :slight_smile:

@lilmanbigplan used Mystique as a supposed strain name for the cross of cannabis mutants in the topic title. @SamwellBB informed them that thereā€™s already a cannabis strain with that name. You said you donā€™t find any info. I gave you a link.

Itā€™s still going to be a cannabis strain, isnā€™t it? So maybe itā€™s worth to choose a unique name for it. I think thatā€™s what SamwellBB implied, Iā€™d concur but in the end I donā€™t care what anybody calls anything. I just looked up the strain that was mentioned. Am I missing something?

5 Likes

Ooooh. I somehow missed that it had mystique in the title! Ok, all makes sense now. I thought he was saying there was a strain already out that was this cross named mystique.

5 Likes

he edited the name Mystique out so that may cause some confusion

6 Likes

Yeah I did not realize that @anon93244739 had not seen it in the title. :rofl: I was really confused for a bit. lol

5 Likes

Am I crazy, or do those look like the holy banana leaves on freakshows father?

6 Likes

They sure look pretty close. I think these one have a bit more of a serrated edge though.

4 Likes

From a breeding perspective what would be the better option

Abc site 4 X Freakshow (F1) X sub 1 X Freakshow (f1) bringing to the 3rd generation stable mutation. Orā€¦

Abc site 4 X Freakshow (f2 mutants) X sub 1 X Freakshow (f2 mutants)

Think its much of a muchnessā€¦ anyone see benefits of either?

3 Likes

I think it should be a double abc cross to try and get both mutations to express the same generation . Otherwise that abc gene is going to get buried

5 Likes

Yeah definitely, Subterfuge #1 is an abc hybrid so its on both sides of the cross to give a 25% abc mutation chance in the F2 or site 4 Xā€™s equivalent

2 Likes

I see, just switching out which freak from generation. I think either would work about the same.
Do you mean the hybrid thats showing weird leaves vs normal leaves? Then mutant leaves

3 Likes

Yeah I agree, think its a different path to the same result. One benefit of doing abc site 4 and sub1 hybrids separately is the comparison of both lines before the combination of them as a stable mutant line

3 Likes

Would you want to do that? Run the 2 crosses seperate until stable, then cross them? Almost a recombinate IBL

Iā€™m down for whatever. This is the project I was also starting, I think as many people working on this as we can get and we will all reap the benefits faster.

7 Likes

By running them separate and crossing them back together at the end as you mentioned should actually bring back the f1 vigour as well. Or if we wanted to make that cross stable we could find 2 seperate similar phenotypes and run 2 seperate lines or more of the same pheno to f3 then cross those back together for the final seeds.

7 Likes

The 2 separate lines combining would make for a good high vigor final seed run between the two lines.

Iā€™ll do the sub1 X Freakshow line,

Who wants to start the site 4 X Freakshow line? Thatā€™s from the F1 seeds already made

8 Likes

I can start some in about a month to 6 weeks. I might have other females in there, but Iā€™ll only let males from S4xFS stay. Then pass those seeds back to you or the next person to continue.

Iā€™ll have some site 3, freakshow, duck and crunch berry going too.

7 Likes

I donā€™t have hardly any seeds, and kinda new at growing so I donā€™t think I want to breed any but Iā€™d sure try to grow some out to see what they look likeā€¦ Any seeds you have would be nice.

4 Likes

Hey, nice! Iā€™ll add you to the final product interested list. That way youā€™ll get a refined line to grow instead of something unstable

4 Likes

Either way my friend, Iā€™m new to this and I donā€™t have a collection at all. I could start growing now whatever you send me, but I am very inexperienced. So breeding is Greek to me, should leave that to the pros.

7 Likes

Thanks for doing this and for giving the opportunity to run some odd varieties. Following!!

3 Likes