Sugar leaves or popcorn buds, what do you do with yours?

Heck yeah! This is the direction I want to head toward. Just don’t want to invest in all the equip yet. Live rosin is good stuff. I am curious if it leaves residue when smoked like some rosin made with lesser quality presses. I don’t have a great press just yet. My hits always gunk stuff up. It doesn’t melt like shatter. Waxes and lipids.

1 Like

I pour it out in a pie pan and I leave it out in a warm room or with a fan blowing across it. If I want it done faster, I’ll put it over a pot of simmering water. Just make sure it’s a electric heat source and done in a very well ventilated area. Then yea, I smoke it as dabs use it to top bowls of bud. My next batch I plant to leave some a bit on the gooey side and use it to glue leaves to wrap on a canagar.

3 Likes

That was my jam. When I made rosin I enjoyed pressing bubble hash more than flower, kief, or leaves. Had some beautiful squishes.

Wow, great job man. I didn’t get to go through the whole 1000 + posts but, I hope to be able to ask some questions along the way.

I noticed you have the source? How is that working for you? Do you think it is worth the price vs an air still?

2 Likes

I will have to try this again. It would be awesome if I could get shatter. When I reduce alcohol using heat, even if it is low, it gets dark and stays gooey. Or else, it dries to the point that it sticks to the glass. 🥲

I like that thinking. I was thinking of plugging a cannagar thread, crazy you mentioning it. I was reading an old forum post about someone wrapping leaves around joints like Thai sticks. The amount needed and time grinding is probably what’s keeping me. :rofl:

1 Like

Nice write up,seen someone using that on a YouTube video

1 Like

Just a sieve mate, no bubble bag or ice. I’m a simple man.

You would think I’d know more about making hash having lived in Morocco but unfortunately I don’t. I love my flower

3 Likes

@anon98660487

Thanks. Yes, there are many good videos on how to use the machine on YouTube (no endorsement).

@FattyRoots

Understood. Same, I don’t smoke bubble much anymore and dabbing is hardly my first option but, I always pack a bowl.

How was living in Morocco?

3 Likes

I dry it on the little screen, then transfer the pieces to a piece of plain brown cardboard to dry another couple days. I break mine into small pieces about the size of a bean, then press together into flat squares with folded parchment paper and a glass bottle/jar filled with hot water.

There’s a million ways to skin this cat though, the finest quality hash is microplaned into a powder so it dries very quickly without oxidizing to keep that “beach sand” look, or you can leave in big chunks. It doesn’t particularly matter how you approach it, just personal preference. It doesn’t go bad or anything, hash can last almost indefinitely.

4 Likes

I use an alcohol making still.

2 Likes

The Source Turbo is pretty nice because it let’s me recover my alcohol. To be honest, I havent used mine in quite a while. Usually I clean my rosin bags in ethanol then winterize and reclaim that alcohol. The remaining RSO is saved for eddibles.

3 Likes

Just whipped this up a couple days ago. Very simple technique, 3 bags, a stirring rod and some cardboard.

About 33g of full melt (not quite clear dome) mixed bubble from about 9oz of trim and popcorn. You can get more if you keep beatin’ the material, but quality declines and I’d prefer to get it all done in under an hour in one bucket. My will to keep hashing sharply drops after the 3rd pull and my arms start getting tired and ADD kicks in. Shit is only fun the first time you do it lol, then it’s just work.

8 Likes

Nice topic. Thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone’s extraction methods. I’m about to make my first batch of hash after I go back thru this thread and a few more comments later.

3 Likes

Amazing country and people but working there was another story. The dividing line between rich and poor is too big, for example I’d be working with the boys in the field all day(women are kept separate, another thing that was hard to adjust to) and at night I’d sit down with the bosses and eat a 4 course meal while my team was eating basically the same average food everyday in a separate building… by the end of my time there I was eating with the boys instead, it didn’t sit right with me. Bosses were multi millionaires but didn’t like to spend a dime… won’t even go in to still being owed a part of my salary.

Watching them work in 42c’ heat through Ramadan where they can’t eat or even drink water while the sun is up is so gnarly and you gain so much respect for them. It’s not exactly flat working areas either, it’s almost all on a 45 degree angle. I would hide to drink my bottle of water, feeling so guilty.

I’m getting photos taken off my crashed laptop soon so will post some. Highlights were definitely watching 100,000 plants get transplanted in less than a week and a few months later viewing millions of trees across the valley as all the farms are one main spot inside the royal protected land. That’s how it’s ‘allowed’ the king gets a fat chunk of hash money every year so there’s an area in the Rif mountains with protection from the law.

Harvesting on donkey back was definitely another highlight haha

4 Likes

I did that in the Bay area after coming off a season on the hill in Trinity, handing out nugs to the homeless sometimes rolled but not always… the joy on their faces was heart warming.

3 Likes

Nice, that sounds like Frenchy’s technique.

I never tried the micro planing but, I do like the end products look.

That hash looks tasty. Thanks for sharing. :v:

Nice, I also use a still. How are you removing alcohol?

1 Like

It’s not hard to do or time consuming, and the hash dries overnight, hardest part is getting the citrus zester and doing it quick before it starts warming up haha it’s just more convenient for me to keep it in square-ish pressed patties. Tear off little chunks and pop em in a chillum. If you’re gonna dab it, do fresh-frozen and microplane, if not, pressed works a little better.

1 Like

Does the Source Turbo speed up the alcohol reclaim portion? I have an air still.

I used to make edibles from coconut oil that I used for rosin bag extraction. I followed some video on YouTube. The end product gave people the WORST trip they have experienced. It was too strong. Don’t want to do that ever again.

Hoping if I make it into RSO it may be better to dose with. I will be making some once I finish the bud run.

5 Likes

“ Harvesting off donkey back” :rofl:

That would be fun to watch. Thanks for sharing that story. Wow, would never have thought that cannabis was allowed to be grown in Morocco. “It’s good to be the king” -Mel Brooks.

2 Likes