Sun Grown Bud Is Better

god made people in his image. i.e. People are Gods. What element of nature would you like to see us control?
The weather? Check.
Evolution? Check
Reanimation? To an extent; Check

2 Likes

I think a big piece missing from indoor lighting is just specific tuning.

LEDs for instance are missing that infrared compared to HPS, and I think that’s why LED yields tend to be a little smaller

1 Like

I swear people think our sun is like…magic or imbued with special powers or something.

Anything that hot emits a bunch of light of various spectra. It’s not special…there’s trillions of suns.

4 Likes

I thought this was an off limits subject like politics? I don’t have a religious bone in my body and I don’t understand the concept of God. Don’t be offended, you’re entitled to your beliefs and the rest of us are also entitled to ours. Are you OK with that?

3 Likes

13 Likes

Why does that guy look like Putin? Also save some for me, this is getting hilarious

4 Likes

Lucifer is another concept I don’t really get. I think you may have to start young to learn religious concepts. I always thought those kind of ideas were just metaphors or mythology. It’s possible I’m what’s called a heathen. Am I still safe in America today with a different idea about the nature of reality or is it the reality of nature. I wake up everyday thankful to the Van Allen Belt for protecting life on earth from deadly radiation. And I must admit I’m a sun worshiper. As I often hear people say in my world: we are basically stardust and sunshine.

4 Likes

12 Likes

Ah yeah just in time for the religious talk about how the sun isnt special…if I’ve been following on correctly…thanks matey

6 Likes

Mostly because it is Putin

4 Likes

Ooh in Russia, Putin eats you…

4 Likes

I always hit like on a Yakov Smirnoff joke.

1 Like

6 Likes

I’ve done hydro briefly (on the job) and I wasn’t really that impressed. It’s obviously productive but I really like soil and even soilless mixes. And I do notice a difference between organic weed and chemically grown herb. I prefer the tastes and smells of the organic. I started growing indoors in soilless mix with Miracle Gro then Peters and frankly the buds were huge. It took a while for me to realize I was over fertilizing. One tablespoon per gallon every watering. Eventually, I moved to every other watering. And then finally, I started using better organic mixes with additional inputs added only when needed. When the plants are vigorous, pointing up to the light, I figure they’re good. I’ve tried many products over the years. I used Connoisseur from advanced nutrients for a while. I always used less than recommended and the plants seemed happy but eventually I tried their organic Iguana line and preferred the taste and smells more? Now I try to only use organic additions. My more science based friend always says the plants don’t know or care about the origin of the nutrients and that may be true but my subjective opinion is the organic weed is smoother and the colors are a little different as well.

5 Likes

In_Soviet_Russia-s500x367-30262

9 Likes

Shit, you’re probably right. Lol. I promise I’ll circle back to the subject.

Oh, dude, more than I can put into words. I am, by definition, a bastard. And I’m cool with catholics believing that me and all of my progeny for 10 generations are going to hell or purgatory, because when I was born my mother was still married to her Catholic ex-husband. :joy: You’d be surprised how many catholics try to ignore that part in the bible. :no_mouth: :joy:

I like pagan religions. I take a hard-turn away from any religions that have a sentient, tangible god, sitting on a cloud making decisions about life and death and the trivialities of man. There’s an awesome meme that says “Jesus doesn’t care if you like, or repost. He’s got Jesus shit to do.” And it sums my beliefs up perfectly. How vain do you have to be, to think an all powerful being is worried about whether you get hit by a car, or survive your surgery? There’s 7,000,000,000 of us!

god didn’t say “let there be light,” god is that light. god didn’t make the trees and the animals, nor the Earth and the Sun, god is the Sun. And more specifically, god is the Higgs boson that give mass to the particles that allow us to exist.

I’m okay with religious people believing anything they want, as long as they don’t make silly claims like our human built lights can’t compete with things that god made. Even if I agree with the underlying statement that our human-made lights currently have trouble competing with the intensity, spectrum, and cost to use the sun

6 Likes

Technically there’s only one Sun, but I agree there’s an huge number of Stars in the universe.

1 Like

To satisfy the pedantry, “there’s trillions of stars exactly like our sun”.

4 Likes

No, there is just one sun in our solar system. There are other sun in other solar systems.

The one you are thinking of is just OUR sun

there are thousands of other systems out there in space with a star( a sun!) at the center of them.

3 Likes

Sums up my feelings about sun worship pretty accurately

2 Likes