Super Green Lab Ninja Bundle: the quest for independence!

I believe you to be correct. Anyone else concur?

2 Likes

Iā€™d say your correctā€¦but give it a couple daysā€¦ Wait for the male to start forming clusters so you know for sureā€¦ At this point preflowers can be pretty androgenousā€¦

4 Likes

Yup, Iā€™ll wait a bit before the execution :grimacing:

Also some new from the clones:

One is definitely dead, other 5 seem okay(ish), with one (first row left) really vigorous. But bad surprise, I see a lot of white spots on the new leaves :scream:
F***ing spider mites Iā€™m afraid, Iā€™ll need to do something very soonā€¦

After double check, I can see a few white spots here and there on the main plants as well (even if not in the same compartiment), so I guess Iā€™ll have to treat them too, even if mostly preventive at this pointā€¦ :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t look like mites to me, you can trim the bad looking leaves and check the back with a scope, post a pic if you can ā€¦ :sunglasses:

spider mites

5 Likes

I donā€™t see anything under the leaves but on the top of leaves I see a lot of white spotsā€¦

Iā€™d like to think itā€™s something else :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You donā€™t see them naked eye, you need a loupe or scope to detect them, if it is not nothing that you can wipe out from the surface (PM) i am beginning to think it could be mites ā€¦ :sweat:

2 Likes

Finally took off the sick leaves from the sick clone and tomorrow Iā€™ll clean the whole space :+1:
Some Spinosad product arrives in the following days, I guess I should spray all the clones with a light solution as a precaution :thinking:

Also for plants turned in flowering a week ago:

Plant 1

Plant 2

Do you think there is still a doubt on sexes at this point?

8 Likes

My guess is:

#1 : Jessica|nullxnull
#2 : oldtimer

but wait for more opinions as I already culled a lady embaressed_smile|nullxnull, time will tell, be patient ā€¦ beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. #1 female, #2 male.

2 Likes

Itā€™s too cute! That thing will give plants a good start. Where you going to flower at?

1 Like

@George @BudSy Thanks buddies, I arrived to the same conclusion :wink:
I know patience is the greatest quality for growers, that being said my flowering chamber is getting overcrowded with two topped plants so Iā€™m having a hard time keeping a decent humidity level (like below 70%) :sweat_smile:
The other chamber with clones stays around 60, so I guess itā€™s definitely a question of ā€œoccupation rateā€ of the space + more lights pushed harder that make the plants (and soil) transpire more as wellā€¦

I think having a male is ultimately a good thing, keeping only one plant I will have more control over humidity and better light penetration for the remaining lady :+1:

@Stankynugget Hi mate, not sure I understand your question, sorry :laughing:

2 Likes

Cleaning up done, the ladies are ready for Santa Klaus :santa:t2: Took off all the males :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I centered the remaining plant in the flowering space and did some training:

I just kept the 2 surviving female clones and sprayed them with a water/Spinosad solution.

Now just have to wait and see how it goes :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Merry Christmas community!

Some pics at the end of Week 2 flowering:

Back to bushy again :laughing: A lot of secondary branches are developing, some of them being really under others, so not getting much lightā€¦

Iā€™ll defoliate again a little, but I was wondering wether I should take off the small lower branches that are too few exposed to light :thinking: or do something else to help the plant focus on big branches and also improve (=decrease) humidity level?

6 Likes

Maybe a couple of those smaller branches could go but I wouldnā€™t go too crazy. Id definitely defol that middle zone more to let more air and light in.

Plant looks great, probably for the best you had a male because she needs the space!

2 Likes

@beacher Yup totally agree, two plants would have been too much in this space (maybe doing one bud would have been OK but I wanted to try topping them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
Also itā€™s my first grow in this space (and since a loooong time) so I wanted to test the limits of the setupā€¦ For now humidity is my devil :imp:

1 Like

Just keep that air moving as much as possible!

1 Like

Yup, that Iā€™m trying to do. Now that I defoliated a bit, pretty much every leave is slightly moving thanks to the inside vent :+1:

Here is the result:

Removed 5-6 lower small branches that were not getting much light and blocking the air flow, as well as a dozen of fan leaves, mostly on the center of the canopy or hiding but sites from light. Might have gone a bit harder but I didnā€™t want to stress the plant to much at once :thinking:

Also the clones are going well:

Sprayed them for the second (and probably last) time with very diluted Spinosad just to be sure :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My plan is to keep one for future crops and get the other ready for the next round :grimacing: Iā€™d like to try a scrog, most likely verticalā€¦

5 Likes

End of week 3 flowering:

Keeps stretching quite a lot, Iā€™ve defoliated pretty heavily again and took out some small/not exposed enough bud sites to focus the plantā€™s effort on the rest.

Still not sure wether I should have gone even stronger and cut more of the lower developing buds/fan leaves :thinking:

Also buds are already quite white-colored even if not very developed yet, makes me wondering about what the strain could beā€¦ If you guys have an early guess, letā€™s open the bets :laughing:

5 Likes

I think youā€™re in a good spot as far as pruning goes. Lots of space in there now but not sparse, it wonā€™t really stretch anymore.

Sheā€™s looking great and will start getting nice and fat soon!

3 Likes

Looking good!
If she stretches a couple more inches and sheā€™s going to get a whole new type of ā€˜fan leafā€™ :smirk: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

1 Like