Super Green Lab Ninja Bundle: the quest for independence!

End of Flowering week 4:

@beacher Did stretch again :sweat_smile: Hope it will stop now and focus on buds, and @Gpaw yup I’ve had a good example of the kind of “fan leaves” you’re talking about :joy:

Yet I believe it’s going well for now, just waiting for the buds to get as fat as I feel after Christmas/New Year’s celebrations :crossed_fingers:

Also I scaled up the pots for the clones:

And you can admire my state-of-art auto-watering system :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

They are coming along great in that tiny space. Well done.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, do you think that chain will hold out with that fan :rofl:

1 Like

Week 5 Flowering:

I guess stretch is over, keeps budding nicely although still quite white, a few pistils starting to get brown-ish.

I’m wondering if I should take off more fan leaves at this point?

Most of the remaining are on the outside of the canopy. No doubt taking them off will help the airflow/humidity control a great deal, but beside that I’m not sure wether it will help the plant focus on the buds, or rather cause an unwelcome stress :thinking:

7 Likes

absolutely outstanding your plants wonderful :slight_smile:

now is time for them to get fat

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

2 Likes

I dont think you need to defoliate looking at those photos. Light is getting to all the bud sites because of those side panels and it looks like it has enough space for good air flow already.

2 Likes

Thanks for the support guys!

@dequilo I guess the beginner’s luck has been with me up to now :laughing:

@BudSy Yup I decided to leave them the fuck alone for now, depending on how fat the buds become (:crossed_fingers:) I might end up taking them off later on if air circulation becomes a major issue

Also I noticed opening the room’s window helps a lot with air circulation outside (/behind) the box, but now with negative temperatures (between -5 and -12 Celsius) it’s not an option anymore :cold_face:

1 Like

On the other side, clones are developing to get ready for the following round:

I might go for a vertical Scrog so I try to make them as short and bushy as possible.

Not sure at this point if I put one plant on the scrog and keep the other as a mother, or if I put them both to flower, and take a few cuts from both to get new clones :thinking:

6 Likes

Week 6 flowering:

“Buds fattening mode” for at least 2 more weeks :yum:

Right side all good as well:

Clones are almost too vigorous already as I won’t be able to put them in the “blooming space” for over a month :sweat_smile: (I plan to dry in the same compartiment)

:v::ok_hand:

9 Likes

And Flo week 7 comes to an end:

At least 2 -3 more weeks to go I guess, most of the trichomes are still clear, some cloud-ish.
Not sure yet if I’ll flush for a week or 2 before harvest :thinking: Would you guys recommend to do it?

Clones are all good as well:

Next step is to top them and take off a few lower branches (all that will become new clones), and also put them together in a bigger pot, under a scrog screen, so they get ready for round 2, after the drying of the first plant is finished.

The only question is when: those 2 clones seem more than ready to start and fill the screen (once topped, each has 5-6 branches that will be right under the screen level) while the currently flowering plant will stay 4 more weeks at the very least (end of flo + drying) in the main chamber…

So if I do it too soon the screen will be full long before I can switch to flowering (bringing troubles with the early flo stretch), I guess I should wait…
Once again let me know what you would do :grimacing:

6 Likes

8th week into flowering:

Buds keep getting fatter, 3/4 of pistils have now turned brown but trichomes are still clear/milky, at least from what I can see :laughing:

The small “device” I use to check them is pretty shitty so I’m having a hard time getting a clear view on everything, should find a solution soon to ensure I pick the good time to harvest…

Probably still 2 more weeks to go anyway, at least.

I feel like I’m catching a diesel-ish smell, or maybe it’s just a projection of my wish to have randomly selected a nice seed/strain :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Can’t wait to taste it :yum:

Clones are now pushing the roof and a few lower leaves have turned yellow so tomorrow will be transplanting/topping/training session, getting them ready under a Scrog screen while taking clones for round 3.

Wish me luck :crossed_fingers::laughing:

10 Likes

Good luck! things are looking great so far. Well done.

2 Likes

The girl in the back left has a huge cola.

1 Like

Thks guys :relaxed:

Back left lady has a huge cola indeed, maybe a tiny bit too close to light as some leaves show light stress indicators (extremities of leaves turned a bit yellow/brownish and curving upward).

Hopefully this won’t happen again in round 2 thanks to the scrog screen :crossed_fingers:

Monday’s family picture, after several hours of clones’ cutting & planting/repoting/screen building/training:

I could almost switch the Scrog to flowering right away as the screen if 3/4 full already, but I’ll wait at least a few days/a week for the plants to recover from today’s stress.

My only concern is that the Scrog is now under a single light panel at 30% power, and when I’ll move it to the flowering space on the left plants will suddenly get much more light from 4 panels (event if they will be further away)…

As I won’t be able to move them for at least 3-4 weeks (the other plant still needs 1-2 weeks to finish flowering + 2 weeks of drying), I guess I’ll have to start the Scrog’s flowering under a single light and move it to the left space later on, once stretch is (almost) over.

Not sure how plants will react :thinking:

Will they suffer from a (huge) light increase that late in the cycle? Will they fatten much less given that they would have had much less light during early flowering?

Please let me know your thoughts :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

End of Flo week 9, getting closer and closer!

Most part of trichomes turned cloudy, a few of them start to get brown-ish.

Turned down light power of top panels a little and lowered a tiny bit the back left cola as I found strange that the one getting more light was the one still showing the most white pistils…

I suspect some light/heat stress :thinking:

Will start to flush today as I don’t think there is more than 2 weeks left before harvest.

Also do some of you guys leave the plant 24/48h in complete dark right before harvest?

Never done it myself but some friends say it helps the plant having a nice “final rush” :thinking:

4 Likes

End of Flo week 10, most likely only a few days until harvest:

Still having trouble seeing trichomes clearly as I didn’t receive my new digital microscope yet :confused:

But from what I’m able to see, some are getting amber already while others look more clear than cloudy/milky to me… Maybe for some strains it’s hard to distinguish clear from milky?

Anyway I think I’ll cut the lady in a few days, also because the next generation is pushing the walls already and will need more room to exploit its potential :grimacing:

I switched the Scrog to flowering a week ago.
I’m counting on the first 2 weeks of stretch to finish filling the screen, and then will move it to the left space to let the babies grow upward and develop proper colas :yum:

Also the 8 crops I’ve taken 2 weeks ago look quite healthy, I put them 4 by 4 in bigger pots and plan to flip them to flower pretty soon as well.

6 Likes

I start flushing when I see the first milky trichomes and yes, I keep it in the cold dark the last 24 hours, to increase resin, they say it’s broscience but it cost me nothing to do it ejem|nullxnull, nice plants and good harvest ahead … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Haha @George, thanks! I guess I will do that then :sweat_smile:

Some views of the Scrog, roughly 1 week after switching to Flo:

Lowered the shelf a little to give them more space under the light and did some LST.

I hope I’ll be able to put them in the main flowering space before the end of the stretch when I’ll harvest the other plant, ideally by the end of the week :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

End of Flo week 11 (and last!):

Today is her last day of light, tomorrow she’ll be in the dark and the day after :scissors:

Most of trichomes are now cloudy while some are still clear and other amber/brown already.

What I find strange is that most of the amber trichomes are amongst clear ones, and are rather « translucide brown » than « cloudy brown » if you get me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So it looks like they got from clear to brown without ever getting cloudy, don’t know if it could be strain related or due to some deficiency/mistake on my end :thinking:

Anyway the few samples I took (and tasted) in the past days/weeks tell me I’m on a good track :+1:

Also all the clues tend to show it’s a mostly sativa strain (thin leaves, huge stretch, global shape of the plant, long flowering period…), and I can definitely smell diesel-ish flavors :yum:

5 Likes