Supernatural by EG preservation project

Damn, what are the chances! I wonder if it’d be worth doing a branch of each vs just 1? Or take cuts from half, reverse those and pollinate all the from seed plants?

3 Likes

Clone each and find your
keeper/s. Start by reversing the nicer plants and looking into backcrossing.

A male or two would have been nice, but you have plenty of fems to choose one. Congrats

8 Likes

Just curious but I thought you had 8 plants and that only looks like 7 tested? There’s still a chance that the runt could be a male, right?

3 Likes

lmao at 7 females. you 100% know the runt will be the male he just wanted to give his ladies a cpl weeks head start so he can splooge when their mature.

looks like its pheno hunting time if runt is a female.

4 Likes

ya odd but it would be the first time those test were wrong, dont get lazy with this. until you see male sac’s on all of them do not count out one of them being a male.

just saying …

8 Likes

So now I will be choosing the most grapey lady to reverse. I’ll be taking a ton of cuttings of each and seeing which will be my keepers to reverse. Who knows, I still have 4 envelopes left for farmer freeman. I can eventually send a sample of #6 once it begins getting bigger. But for now it seems like I’ll be making fem seeds.

There is also the matter of Supernatural being difficult to reverse. As she doesn’t like giving up pollen. I’d have to time this pollination right for sure.

Find my keeper and place her in a keeper tent by herself and take cuttings. Root cuttings and reverse them to pollinate the Supernatural tent. Does this seem like a good plan of attack? Good thing I got plenty of sts ingredients left too.

4 Likes

I guess it really matters what the goal is. Open pollination to keep all the genetics available or narrow it down?

1 Like

I’d really love to do an open pollination as I wanna make sure to let this strain live on and become more available. I could reverse my whole keeper and let it pollinate the ladies in the tent. Or let the cuttings get reversed. It’s just the matter of timing everything right since supernatural reversals don’t like giving up the pollen.

6 Likes

I’d think reversing the clones would be beneficial. That way you have more chances to get good flips and have all the mom’s still.

3 Likes

Very true and it will give me a good idea of which ones can handle the reversal the best! Start with the healthiest ones and work my way with the others. Will keep the moms on perpetual veg state until I can get this plan of attack going. It’s gonna be clone city here soon.

7 Likes

Sounds like a good plan… :smiley:

1 Like

Alright, friends. Shall I get a tent specifically for my clones? I’m itching to buy another light and tent but maybe I should just stick with my 4x4 and 3x3. I’m not sure if that will suffice for this project. I could get another 4x4 for the cuttings and clones.

4 Likes

A photo from my sibling who is watching over the Supernatural tent while I’m out of town sent me an excited text with this photo

Supernatural #6

10 Likes

awesome BUT still brother do not let your guard down on one of those others being a male. there may not be one but STILL look until you see 100% proof there all female. i have seen these test not be 100% correct so just keep your eye on them until you PERSONALY know by seeing only buds.

onward brother …

13 Likes

You got it, brother. I’m going to stay diligent with this project as I want to make sure I preserve this strain any way possible. I am kind of hoping some of these results are wrong and I end up with some males.

3 Likes

After that sex test coming back like that maybe you should grab a couple lottery tickets? :wink:

4 Likes

Seems like it is always like this, want some males to show and you get females. And vice versa… I am hoping the tests are wrong and you get a male

3 Likes

Sorry for the lack of updates, friends! Working long hours has kept me busy from posting on here but it has not deterred me from caring for my babies!

19 Likes

Looking good :+1:

2 Likes

And here is this morning my friends. #5 has been a little unruly and finicky with how she is fed but she is bouncing back. She has a gallon jug for nutrients for herself only. Definitely a light feeder compared to the others who demanded to be fed immediately. They are now starting to show some healthy green.
#6 is just moving at snail pace but not that I’m rushing him at all. :wink:

23 Likes