SyrianLeb dwarf —> Ethiopian highlands

Oh yeah! I was hoping you would try them. I will probably try some, too. I been really wondering about this one. Your strain really gave the haze a nice twang to the taste. Maybe I’ll try and grab some pollen at some point and make more. It’s limited to what I sent you and what I have; only 20-30.

8 Likes

Oh, and in case people are wondering, the mom was Authentic Genetics O Haze x O Neville’s Haze. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Yeah I don’t have a lot of seeds because most were lost with the ppp run. But I do have a small stash. Hopefully I will have room to f2 them, because I’d like a bit more buffer, but if not, I still have plenty for next time.

I remember you really liked it, and I’ve been thinking about it for a while. What do you have lined up for this summer?

8 Likes

Here’s a bit of a mishmash of pics. Ethiopian don’t like being rootbound. I think I can pick out the males at this point though. I’ll pot them up this weekend.

Meanwhile, I’ve got a bunch of sprouts. I’m not growing all of these of course, but just until they’re big enough that I can find the dwarfs. Then cue the Barry White.

19 Likes

How are you going to find the high thcv plants? Out of curiosity can you afford testing? Or are you just betting on a like base line level or something? Or are you just knowing it’s in the genes and going to work it out later once you get a couple runs in? I hope you haven’t answered that already lol

5 Likes

@deeez99 has been doing tlc testing on leaves, even well before the plant finishes. I got a kit from cannalytic supply and I’m gonna give it a try. I think it has enough for 5 plates, which is about 20 tests.

It’s not an exact measure like testing final product at a lab, but certainly good enough to verify that a parent has thcv and a baseline relative amount.

13 Likes

That’s awesome, what does something like that cost?

4 Likes

I got the kit on sale and it was $150 for the tests and some equipment that is reusable. They sell refills for the consumable stuff that are cheaper.

It’s not cheap, but not unreasonable either. I’ll probably test 4 males and 4 females each grow, so I’ll need refills about every 2 grows.

11 Likes

I recently got some THCv beans from Hoku Genetics and I remember him mentioning in the description that THCv doesn’t show in leaf samples so he could only confirm the cannabinoid ratio from the moms.

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. If I don’t find any, then I guess that’ll just be that. :joy: hopefully these plants will make it easy on me and comply.

9 Likes

I remember reading that same info in one of his product descriptions, however, it definitely shows up in leaf samples using TLC that I’ve done.

I remember Seattle Chronic mentioning that the lab they used hadn’t tested for THCV prior to them requesting it or something along those lines so possibly the lab that Floyd uses wasn’t yet providing that particular test. I guess we’d have to ask Floyd directly as that might also just be old info left on the site.

Jade Nectar, who has done lots of THCV breeding, specified that they did leaf testing throughout the veg period as well.

11 Likes

Thanks for the info, good to hear that it’s detectable from leaf tissue!

5 Likes

:man_facepalming: Too much already. Man, I just can’t control myself.

I recently got @Roms (Atao Seeds) Swazi Red, Mazar I Sharif, and the Vibes Collection Lambsbread. Plus the landrace stuff you’ve sent, and stuff I’ve made, and other hybrids I want for smoke… and there you go. I’m not really sure how and what will be the final result, but it always makes my anxiety spike, lol.

I figure the landrace will just be out there and waiting to come back inside in fall, so I may just keep them off to the side somewhere and grow a few others for fun and smoke.

I was recently gifted some Useful’s Chocolate Diesel f3 after he passed, so I really want to do it. I’ve sort of always wanted it. And, I really want to run that haze done with your stuff and Todd’s. I’m still playing with the Oaxaca right now. I had it crossed to Lemon Thai and Goji, so running them and testing the LT seeds increase. My head is spinning. :grimacing:

14 Likes

Busy busy! I’ve mostly simplified my life and only grow a few strains for now. But this run I just have to try out the 4P.

I’ve seen the pictures of that Swazi Red from @Roms and it looks incredible. Sounds like you have a pretty great lineup this year.

12 Likes

A few more pics I’ve got going. These are some pictures of some dwarf tomatoes I’m breeding, and the males I have to choose from so far for the Ethiopian line.

The first picture is a female Ethiopian highlands, but a very wide branching pheno with longer internodes. I’ll probably cull this one soon, but I’m keeping it around for a minute to see it develop a bit more. Impractical for my needs though.

16 Likes

I’ve Been eyeing roms Swazi also but I’m wondering what would happen if I put your Syrian x leb with this mullumbimby I’ve got going ? The way the tell goes is it’s got some leb in it already so… Just makes me wonder… Lol and I also need/got to work in some autos for a couple extra outdoor harvest each year but that to I want to work from landrace ruder to your Syrian x leb and some others what do you think?

3 Likes

Mixing with some ruderalis could be interesting for sure. You can get some very early phenos already from the SyrianLeb and also they have some semi-auto traits like most strains from that area. Also could be good with MM, since they have a very short flower period.

Once these Ethiopian have produced pollen and I have desiccated it, I will offer it here as well.

7 Likes

Do you still Have Syrian x Leb stock? Do you want to trade ? Or do you got something else in mind?or do you want some ruder x Syrian x Leb back or do you want to do your on selecting on the ruder? It’s up to you, I’m down either way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve got stock. Depending on what you’re looking for, I think I have F1-3. Later gens I’m specifically only trying to select dwarf moms for what I need. There’s a range of cannabinoids. Some plants can floor you, while others might be heavier in non-psychoactive cannabinoids.

Happy to trade or just send you some if you plan to use them soon.

8 Likes

A little grow tek I’ve finally rigged up. This works like my hybrid hempy buckets system. The float switch turns on when the water level goes below the pots, and drip feeds from the top.

Eventually the pots saturate and runoff enough to shut it off again. The drip stays off until the plants feed and wick enough from the bottom to activate the switch.

It’s a super easy automation drip system, and since it only drips when the plants feed, there’s no fussing with schedules. Perfect every time.

17 Likes