- syzygy's journal - the clown show

I love this shot!

Reminds me of my brotha in laws dog. Meet Gunner.
He is a wildcard for many but a sweetheart to me.

Dont let that what did I do look fool you , He’ll be looking like your photo in a heartbeat :grin:

11 Likes

Thanks! I’m still trying to figure out how to get a good video of her catching her toys to turn into a GIF. She’s really skilled at plucking them out of the air when thrown really high / far.

Love the look of the darker or all black shepherds. What breed is he, pure GSD? I run into people often who have that sort of situation with their dogs. Depending on living situation it may not be the worst thing and may be desired (farm / large property / bad neighborhood). I put an insane amount of time and effort to socialize my pup since she was 8weeks old to avoid the headache and liability haha.

7 Likes

I’ve seen people use a tripod with a remote to press to avoid having to be behind the camera, can do a general area and try a couple shots see if in focus etc. Would be cool to see those shots!

I do like the all black too. I’m not 100% but I think he is pure. I’ll ask next time I see them. He bit the neighbor last week after jumping the 4ft fence. He grew up on a larger property and wasnt socialized much outside the family. If I remember right they fed them raw meat or meat growing up. Kinda asking for problems later on. haha.

9 Likes

Haha… Ya a 4ft fence isn’t anywhere near enough for a medium/large breed.

Here are some shots from today - Got the TS G out of the tent for some flash shots. Also did a few comparison shots of G / A on the pollinated plants. They look very similar but there appears to be some slight differences. G doesn’t appear as branchy and is more confined to the center stem. More leaf abnormalities and a bit less leaf frost. Buds are less developed than the A as well. A smells stronger but there is a fairly similar smell between the 2. Everything can change as the plants mature.

G Leaf

TS -G not pollinated

TS G pollinated

TS A pollinated

Lav Jack -

Chem 91

25 Likes

That G Leaf pic looks bizarre, huh? Am I seeing it right? The middle leaf is way shorter than the others?

Other than that, plants look good!

6 Likes

Yeah, the center blade or leaflet is shorter than the rest. There are a few other abnormalities that I’ve seen on some of the G cuttings. They both look pretty similar though, interested to see how they compare in a few weeks.

6 Likes

Our dogs always seem to be the opposite of what people think. People don’t want anything to do with our black & white boxer mix (reverse brindle color), who is the sweetest girl and only barks when she thinks someone might get hurt. Kids swinging on an swingset especially set her off. She’s very much a “nanny” dog who might be able to kill someone by jumping on them and licking them to death.

Both of our fawn/brown male dogs (now-deceased pug/beagle & current pit/lab/collie/cattle dog/akita/boxer mix) have always drawn people close who want to meet them and love on them, but they’d just as soon take someone’s arm/leg off as let a stranger pet them. We’ve had to train ourselves as much as we’ve had to train them so we keep them out of scenarios that make them likely to snap/attack.

8 Likes

Didn’t you say your boxer mix has a bit of amstaff in her? I’m not that experienced with amstaffs but every amstaff / mix that I’ve encountered has been extremely sweet to people. Sometimes a bit reactive to dogs but that may be socialization related. But ya if she resembled an amstaff / pit at all I can see people being afraid naturally.

Never heard of reverse brindle - does that just mean the darker colors are more prevalent than lighter compared to a typical brindle coat?

That’s my GSD puppy too. Damn near suffocates you with kisses haha.

Can definitely relate to that w/ my dutch.

6 Likes

She loves other dogs and loves people. Like to the point of annoyance.

Yeah we got her from a rescue that had her whole litter. Apparently it was a puppy mill breeder who was passing off boxer/amstaff mixes as unpapered full blood boxers.

Reverse brindle isn’t recognized by the AKC as an actual boxer coloration. But her fur appears black until she’s in bright sun where you can see the dark brown and brindle pattern.

8 Likes

Oh cool, ya I image searched some pictures and see what you mean.

Also here’s a no flash Triple Sun G shot from before lights out.

vs

TK

Looks more stretched out and elongated sort of like A. Also appears a bit frostier and stronger smelling than the TK at this stage. Frosty leaf rub gives me a similar odor on both plants (tk / g).

20 Likes

Do your dogs act differently when they’re just with you or just with your girl? I only ask because the new pup is extremely protective of my girl. Whenever I take her to zoom room or the vet, they’re always like,”Wow, she’s a totally different dog when she’s with you than she is when she’s with your girlfriend.”

I do think, though, that that has a lot to do with the pup picking up on my girl’s nervous (when she’s had any of our dogs out in public) energy, as opposed to my own, where I’m always just like,”It’s fine. La di dah… Beautiful day…” haha.

I think it bothers my girl every time I come home and tell her how impressed the vet was with our dog’s behavior when she’s with me. And I ALWAYS make it a point to tell her about it haha!

8 Likes

Our old dog was like that. He was totally protective of my wife when it was just her. Like he would try to cut people down at the ankle for approaching her on a sidewalk. But if I was out with him he was much more chill with other people—even if my wife was also there. It was enough difference that my wife commented on it several times.

8 Likes

I think there are a lot of factors at play such as her state of mind as you said. Dogs can pick up on whether or not she’s nervous and take cues from breathing patterns, heart beats and all that. I’m glad I don’t have to deal with these issues w/ my dogs, that would be incredibly stressful taking them places haha.

So ya I agree with you here.

Also since I’m editing cleaning up a grammatical error I wanted to add some tent shots anyways. Pinesoul is actually growing on me a bit to my surprise. It seems to not like being root constricted in the mom tent, where it’s already recovering from a transplant a few days ago. Seems pretty happy actually in the 7 GAL still.

Also the vicious pups had fun tonight and got a lot of running in! Crazy that it was 60 degrees in February…

17 Likes

My attempt to compile a lot of Triple Sunshine A pictures in one post that I can use as a reference for people growing out the TS x SSDD chucks. These are all from older grows in 2023.

Flower shots

Dry Flower shots

Trichome shots

Triple Sunshine A size when flipped to 12 12 and stretch picture.

Seeds & germ test

Flower review :

33 Likes

It’s really hard to find a better breakdown and more information than this about a cross you’re growing. Thanks for taking the time to make it, pass it around and throw this down. Much appreciated :metal:t2:

10 Likes

No problem, I know my threads can get cluttered with a lot of nonsense from myself so figured I’d try to save everyone some time by condensing it. Edited in a flower review as well.

Also going to offer one more round of stamps for people to test out in the B thread later today. I’m really curious as to whether anything resembles the mom (or better) in the seeds; not that they can be remade or anything like that as the dad is long gone. Also a good excuse to share some pollen chucks from one of harder to get packs. As always if anyone reading this thread wants any to try out let me know.

17 Likes

I’m really happy to go through them. Once I get the autos I’m running for friends out of the flower space I fully intend to hunt through most of, if not all of the beans I have of this cross. :metal:t2:

4 Likes

Got home from the dog walk, quickly changed, and saw that the TK & the ssdd were both wilted pretty badly. Going to have to stay more on top of the watering going forward. Also took a few shots of the Pinesoul & bubba.

Pinesoul
First 2 images are the 2 main branches - again with the 2nd group of pictures.

Bubba

29 Likes

If there are any tkxssdd f2s around I am flying onto that train…

5 Likes

Ya for sure, already have 5 cards made. Send info whenever and I’ll get it out next time I drive my dogs somewhere (tomorrow).

It’s not an f2 though it’s Triple Sunshine A x SSDD (f1) from my 2023 pack of SSDD via SHOE. No clue if that male is any good or not but I’m a big fan of the mom. Definitely in my top 3 from Bodhi I’d say at this point. I’ve run the mom 5+ times I believe and have never seen any sign of instability. Power outages, high heat, extreme dehydration, cold, light interruptions - handled all of it like a champ. No clue about the SSDD male.

20 Likes