Tappy's Cali Connection - Purple Diesel, 6 site DWC, dual Vero 29

Day 35
Flower day 5
Oct 8
Ph stable at 6.0
Ppm 540
Light height - about 12"-14"

Thought I would get 24 tops, but because I abandoned the mainline idea, I counted 32 or 33 tops this morning.

6 Likes

Clones
Day 13
Oct 8
Clones put into coco hempy on Oct 6.
Ph 6.0
Nutes - Gaia Green Organic 4-4-4 light feeding
Light - 23 watt 5k CFL

Roots showing

6 Likes

Day 37
Flower day 7
Oct 10
Ph down to 5.8
Ppm 560
Light was at 9" from highest top…looked like minor cupping, so I raised it up to 13" highest tops and 15" lowest tops.
Cupping? (pic below)

Also, today is the 7th day of 12/12…thought I saw preflowers a week or two ago, but now, nothing. Any thoughts as to when she’ll throw pistils? I’m hoping to go down one morning and see white hairs all over.
No light leaks, temp/rh are within range, ph and ppm are stable and not doing wild swings.

5 Likes

Clones
Day 15
Oct 10
24/0

Looking good…

Except for this fuhkin problem…pisses me off…fuhk coco, fuhk soil…buying another bag or perlite for these hempy clones.
Just in front of the 5 on the cup…mold…never had this issue with my trusted methods…thought I would be cheap and use what I have around…idiot.

2 Likes

Also…note on the Mars hydro TS1000…looks like it uses just under 150 watts

4 Likes

Dug out my old micro box…a few years old, but does the trick…hoping the dip in rh and the better air movement helps…will also let them get bone dry and see if the mold fucks off.
Still want to grab a bag of perlite, as I dont want to have to substitute it again.

Has a 120mm PC fan behind light, 50 watt 3500k Taiwan made cob.

3 Likes

Clones
Day 16
Oct 11

Looked closely at the issue, and it seems it’s only where I put the Gaia Green organic ferts. Anyone in organics know if this could be some kind of beneficial fungus or something? The growth and spreading of it has slowed or completely stopped already, rather than spreading and getting worse.

Edit: found the answer I was looking for on the Gaia Green website;
Some organic fertilizers may cause a harmless mold to develop on the surface of houseplants as a result of the fertilizer breaking down to feed the soil. This mold can be scratched in and will add to the over-all benefit of the fertilizer.

5 Likes

Day 41
Flower day 11
Oct 14
Ph 6.0
Ppm 560
Light 10"-13" from tops

Before defol.

After defol.

6 Likes

Clones
Day 19
Oct 14
Coming along nicely…the 23w CFL is keeping growth slow, but that’s ok. As long as everything’s healthy.
Also, put a couple PC fans in the fridge to help with air flow. My micro box was just too small. No more mold or anything on top of the coco…guess my reaction was a touch overdramatic…lol.

4 Likes

Ppm 560

Do these plants look like the need a higher ppm?

3 Likes

What’s your current PPM? They look a tad light, but mostly new growth, which is normal.

1 Like

@ReikoX
It’s at 560 now…its been between 500 and 650 the last few weeks. Mixing up some maxibloom for when the lights turn on…gonna add little by little over the week, until I see some undesired effects. I had a flood/drain table and had the ppm at around 1000+ with no problems at all…could have pushed harder.
Should I go hard and dial back or slowly add? Jump it to 800 and see what happens or nah?

3 Likes

I would push it harder, 800 PPM and see how they do.

2 Likes

Added the maxibloom and silica…got it up to 750 ppm and ph stable at 6.0…I only mixed a bit of MB because I wasn’t sure how much I needed to max out at 800 and didnt want to waste what I would not need. Added silica at 1/4 strength.
Will update this week.
Thanks much @ReikoX

3 Likes

Comparison pics/update
Day 41 (Oct 14) - flower day 11 defol.

Day 44 (Oct 17) - flower day 14
Ppm 790
Ph 5.8 - 6.2
Another round of HEAVY defoliation tomorrow PM or Saturday am.

@ReikoX
You called it…those girls were starving! Bumped ppm up to 810 last night. They knocked it down to 780 ppm in 14 hours. Going to keep adding slowly and see how much they’ll take. Want to push hard in flower to get my yield!

8 Likes

4 Likes

Day 45
Flower day 15
Oct 15
Before swazzing

After swazzing

And after upping nutes, we have hairs coming in nicely…pretty much overnight.

10 Likes

Getting a bit worried…plants are at 3 weeks 12/12 tomorrow and all I have are a few hairs at each tip. No light leaks, no buggered ph or nutes…frig.
Will post pics tomorrow. Doing my last defoliation tomorrow morning. 3x stretch is going down (up I guess I should say…lol)…so at least they’re still doing something. Tons of budsites…but wasnt planning on doing a 10-12 week flower cycle.

3 Likes

Cali Connection had kind of a bad rap…the plants themselves look great, but the flower time they quote seems to be way off. Maybe they’ll pack weight and finish in the next 6 weeks…but I’m not gonna hold me breath on that.

1 Like

You can try 11/13 instead and see if that doesn’t speed them up a bit.

3 Likes