Tech career talk (or free seeds for knowledge)

I can’t offer you any advice, but I’m looking to get some ideas.

Actually I have a job, but not related to my studies nor my likings, but is a secure income.

I have a programming background, and sometime ago when trying to make something to get an additional income (and perhaps it all goes well, THE income), I did a website to make online reservations for a multisport centre. I worked very hard on this, and had it working… but at the time of deployment I find that I was too scared about the security issues (the site was designed with security in mind) that I finally abandon releasing it, because it was a one person site and probably I could not manage the security issues with enough speed…

I hope you find your “niche” and don’t let the worries stop you… as my current couple says to me …is better to ask for pardon than to beg for permission. Don’t be afraid of failing as I am, and this keeps me in my confort zone but don’t let me grow.
Probably if I not have a secure income I will go ahead with anything.

Good luck man.

6 Likes

@TestOfOath, I got this from someone here, just can’t remember who I snatched the pic from.

3 Likes

I like the idea of exploring jobs that are in some way functionally adjacent to what you’ve done in the past. If you have a list of prospective clients who have already worked with you in some other capacity, and they know your work ethic, etc., that’s a good start! :+1:

3 Likes

i can help you with that if you’d like to get it going again. i run a security company and have a security + cert with a few years of playing around experience to go along with it. send me a message if you’re interested. i wouldn’t even ask for anything up front, just a small percentage of something if you get successful and a link to my website on yours. hell, you can even hire @TestOfOath if you get big…

2 Likes

So, this is something you need to lean on sometimes, but SLA’s are important to any contract where you are offering your services to people. It lays out expectations up front and is an agreement you can lean on when you get busy and can’t jump on to look at something immediately.

3 Likes

Many thanks for your offerings, nowadays that project is “standing still”… if I work on it again I should update all to work with the newer versions of Laravel.
But if I reenter that (or other) project with security concerns, I will be in touch with you.

3 Likes

https://strainly.io/en/listings/445099-siberian-ruderalis-12-regs
https://therealseedcompany.com/product/siberian-wild-ruderalis-strain-cannabis-seeds/

I have no experience with these because I dont fuck with CBD.

3 Likes

i have a lot of projects in that phase of development.

3 Likes

Current ecosystem in generative AI

3 Likes

I’m a career switcher. I went from hospitality and restaurants to education. I’ve been a gym teacher for 7 years, now.

We need more teachers. Even substitute teachers. You can sign up today to be a sub and have work tomorrow. Idk what your blue collar work was, but guaranteed they are looking for someone to teach it to high schoolers. Probably even middle schoolers.

Get on your local districts website and call the board office. Say Id like to sub or I’d like be a teacher and they will get you hooked up.

4 Likes