Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends

Plants are looking fantatstic :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

This was one I looked at quite a bit. I’m not sure if the Bubba Kush cuts are the same or not since the SSDD mom is Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine :thinking: but if it is the same or at least related, then I’d think this cross should bring out a lot more of those pheno’s. Kinda like an extended backcross :yum:

12 Likes

Yeah I thought about picking up that clone, but looks like yields really low. Do you think the smoke is worth it?

Hell yeah, I forgot about that one, and you don’t really see much of it floating around anymore. I think there is a good Cherry AK somewhere. I got many bags labeled AK over the years, but never knew if I got the real deal. Would love to revisit that one. I feel like I missed out on all the classics.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too, its kinda of like a Bubba backcross. I was thinking of maybe doing some Sakura F2s at the same time and trying to find the Bubba dominate phenos and do a little chuckin’. We’ll see…

12 Likes

Hell yeah those Sakura should be damn good too. Think @Baltimore grew those out last year or so :thinking:

I did the same kind of extended backcross with the Frano’s Lemon Cheese(SLH x Cheese) x my nl5haze leaning (NL5Haze x SensiStar) F3, it really brought out some nice big NL5Haze phenos in the offspring. So definitely think your thought is right on track with those :wink:

13 Likes

I didn’t end up growing the sundae driver I got it from a dispo the smoke was pretty potent and the terpenes where great so I imagine it can get quite a bit better homegrown then what I got which was pretty good smoke id say worth running even if it’s a bit less yielding @iamyou_youareme

6 Likes

Hi @iamyou_youareme I’ve been reading through your grow diary the last few days, its very impressive! Excellent budshots and photography and some great looking plants. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, I’ve picked up some new ideas here, very cool bottom watering system you are using. Grow on brother! :man_farmer:

7 Likes

Alrighty… end of grow photo dump.

Rudeboi OG lookin’ done.

GMO x BT that I kept, very GMO dominate… even getting the trashy Chem D smells… though not quite a strong as the original. Genetics are cool!

Looks like the T-1000 is gonna reverse this time…

SIP tent is done… getting the chop on Monday. Everything has slowed on the water intake, will probably not water before the chop, just let everything ride and dry out a little… Gonna shut everything down for awhile after this one, re-group, and get ready to pop some more seeds!

31 Likes

That SIP tent is out of control! You are going to have some big trim sessions ahead of you! Great work, and beautiful plants!

9 Likes

Yeah, man, I saw that pic and was like,”GawdDAMN!” Full-on wall of nugs…

9 Likes

thanks to @nube for turning me on to the bottom watering. Thanks to all of Overgrow really… we all help one another along… a collective that’s greater than any one of it’s members. Thanks for joining in and following along.

Yeah some serious trim sesh is coming up… Fishscales, DLA5, all this stuff. Time to look for some good podcasts and oil up the fiskars (fiskars gang for life, I don’t know how people use other trimmers)!

And thanks for joining along and the kind words… we all lift each other up and push each other forward through kindness and sharing of knowledge :heart:

18 Likes

That’s alright. Better than not having any weed to trim…

I was listening to Jane’s Addiction’s first album tonight, the live one, while I foliared. It really got me through it haha. I always forget how unbelievably good that album is, probably one of the greatest ever made. And so fucking quintessentially “LA,” in the best and truest sense. I mean, you know, if you don’t feel like listening to talk radio while you trim and wanna listen to some music instead… Just throwing it out there haha.

I always forget about Jane’s. And then I remember and listen to them nonstop for a week or two. And then I forget again… haha.

12 Likes

Gorgeous dude! SIPs for the win! It’s gonna be a nice long weekend to get shit done.

13 Likes

Fiskers for the Win, I’m with you!
Great job bud, congrats on a hell-of-a-harvest!!
Scissor hash for days!

5 Likes

7 Likes

That album is killer! I haven’t listened in awhile. I really like Kettle Whistle too, which I think is another live one. Fuckin’ Perry Farrell! I usually alternate between music and podcast while trimming, but always up for recommendations. Thanks for that one, I like listening to early 90s albums, always a nostalgia kick for me…

For real, SIP are the shit. I just need to figure out a way to auto water once during the week, and I think you could stay away for a good week or ten days and not have to touch them.

Haha, you’re the meme-master this week!

Hell yeah, I don’t know how people use regular scissors or those little bonsai trimmers or whatever. I have a couple sets of fiskers that I pre-coat with a thin layer of coconut oil, so I can scrape off the gunk really easily into a pile. That’ll go in some edibles. I like the spring on the fiskers too, I think I keeps my hand from cramping.

12 Likes

[quote=“iamyou_youareme, post:1020, topic:35766”]
For real, SIP are the shit. I just need to figure out a way to auto water once during the week, and I think you could stay away for a good week or ten days and not have to touch them.

Earthbox has this system if you haven’t already seen it and I’m sure there are other ways depending on your space https://earthbox.com/earthbox-accessories/earthbox-automatic-watering-system

Haha, you’re the meme-master this week!
[/quote]. It’s been slow at work… Ha!

7 Likes

Yeah. I really hate to use the word “visionary” haha, but he really is a visionary. With that sorta “Let’s make everything a circus” idea… That’s what I’m trying to do over here. I’m sick of people considering how things’ll “look” on their social media feeds. Just do what the fuck you wanna do and put your gawddamn phone down.

So if you wanna swing by… haha!

9 Likes

Vietnam Black 164 S1

Yeah… so this one was a weird one, and to be completely up front, I don’t think I grew them that well. I think I explained in an earlier post, but I transplanted them at the wrong time. But whatever, they’re still smokable. But very tedious to trim, at least my two phenos are. In fact, I haven’t even trimmed them yet, they’ve just kinda been hanging out for about a month or so now.

You can see there’s still some wispy buds and trichomes under that mess though.

Looking a little better trimmed up, with the flash on.

No flash

The smell is surprisingly good on both of them. One smells more like orange-y bubblegum, with some black tea in there. The other is more musky meaty smelling, but still has the bright and sharp fruity smell in front. The taste comes through pretty nicely too, just have to make sure to trim them up and not leave too much leaf on them.

I’ve been smoking little bong snaps this morning, and the effects are… interesting. First off, immediately after exhale, my ears started ringing. I don’t normally have tinnitus or anything like that, but something about the drone of the fans running, made me hear this weird ringing that kind of warped in pitch. The ringing didn’t last too long, thankfully, under five minutes. I felt kinda strange after that though. Like I was floating outside of myself a little bit. Like I could visualize myself from above, pacing around in my basement… but it wasn’t like a “visual”, more of a sensation. During that period I also started having nice body sensations, like I was lighter, and floating a bit. My shoulders felt a weight lift from them. My thoughts were little racy at first, but nothing I would consider uncomfortable… but I’m a freak and used to uncomfortable stuff, so maybe for some it would be anxiety inducing.

Another thing I’ve noticed so far, is that there’s not much of a ceiling with this stuff. I’ve smoked a few more snaps, and the effects just seem to come on stronger each time. Very cool. Also, I’ll think for some reason that I’m not high, and then two minutes later be staring off in the distance, or the ringing comes back for a second, or color suddenly look brighter. All that just kind comes in waves. Gently pushing you in being stoned, and guiding you back to reality.

So yeah, the trim is worth the smoke. I’ll probably just rough trim the good buds and jar them up, then manicure them further when I want to smoke. Probably not gonna be an everyday type of smoke for me, because of the unique effects. I think this one would be best to enjoy out in nature, on a secluded beach, or tucked away in a Redwood forest on a sunny day, smoked alone and letting your thoughts roam and reconnect with what’s around you.

But hey, that’s just me… somebody else try some and let me know what you think!

21 Likes

So I don’t think I’m having much luck with my reversal of T-1000. I know CSI said TK was notoriously hard to reverse, so maybe that has something to do with it. I’ve got male flowers, but not sure that the stamen have any pollen on them? Here’s the best images I could capture of a freshly opened male flower:

Looks like trichomes but no pollen to me? Maybe I need higher resolution?

I dumped some pollen out that I had left over, but really don’t have the resolution of scope needed to capture the grains.

The flowers are just starting to open, so maybe I’ll give it some time and hope for the best. I’ve also heard of drying the flowers in a grinder or screen and letting the pollen sift through, maybe that’ll work if nothing else.

16 Likes

Chop day for this GMO x Black Triangle. Starting to see a few nanners…

Smells like GMO, but not quite as potent. Didn’t get any of the BT smells. In fact, I think the whole plant is pretty GMO dominate. The nugs are rock hard though. Probably will end up pressing this one to rosin. Not too bad for a tiny half gallon pot!

32 Likes

wow that looks killer for a half gallon pot those are some chunkers that silvery hue on the dark purple is so pretty you killed it with that one!

10 Likes