Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends

good to see!! what a great strain, i miss that one, that’s my first plant to not re-veg

huh?? haha, you pressed the whole plant into rosin?

10 Likes

I’m stoked to try it too, I can already tell she’s gonna chunk out, just by the look of her early buds. I’ll throw up some pics later today.

Yeah dude, I already have like 2 big ass jars of Sour D grown in organic soil, and a jar grown in salts… I grew this plant with the intention of pressing it all down to rosin. It took a good few bags to do, and would have had a cleaner product if I washed it all to hash first, but that’s a lot of additional labor. Once the plant is dry, just break it down to small buds, throw buds in a pre-press, then into a filter bag (I use 25 micron), then throw on the press with some parchment… rinse, wash, repeat… the Sour D ended up pretty nice flower rosin.

Add it to the collection:

25 Likes

I don’t mind rosin pressed from flowers at all if it’s good flower. Saves a lot of work and clean up. I need to get a press next year.

8 Likes

Yup, if I had setup to make ice water hash that wasn’t such a pain, and had a freeze drier, I’d do more hash rosin. But flower rosin isn’t bad if you start with good material. For a home press, I’d use DabPress/RosiTek…

Clusterfunk - lookin’ good already.

Irene

Dragon Hammer - smelling very sour

Spell Caster - looking little hungry, but shaping up nicely.

Pinesoul - smelling super piney already

Pinesoul (Bodhi / Archive’s Clone) | Spell Caster (Doc D / Nobody’sNursery Clone)
Dragon Hammer (Doc D / Nobody’sNursery Clone) | Irene OG (Rudeboi / FarmerJoe’s Clone)
Clusterfunk (Bodhi / OG Member Clone)

Triangle Kush | Chem 91 / Chemdawg
Bubba Kush (Berger) | Chem D

Lav Jack - Lav Jack - Purple Urkle - Lav Jack - Trop Cherries

The Chem 91 finally rooted, so I gotta get that transplanted and I should be on track for the Pinesoul project.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

26 Likes

Jeez man everything looks so beautiful. Is the pinesoul supposed to be super piney? I’ve been avoiding it cause i thought it was lemon pinesol smell.

Also, what’s your setup as far as soil and nutes ?

5 Likes

Dude, I’ll sell you my press and all of the accompanying accoutrement right now haha. I’ve only used it maybe ten times and not once in the last two years, at least. It’s a good press for sure, but I realized after I bought it that I prefer bong rips and joints haha.

You’re in LA, right?

Sorry, @iamyou_youareme, I’m just kinda desperate to get rid of that press. Plants look good! Haha…

10 Likes

I wish. Moved back across the country about four years ago. I love some rosin, but not going through the hassle to get some down here. So, I’ll just have to press my own unfortunately.

7 Likes

Ah, okay. Well since you’re not gonna buy it haha!, I’ll just say that unless you have a dedicated space for one, presses are a total pain in the ass. The whole process is a hassle, much easier to just roll a j or pack a bowl. I mean, I understand the appeal of rosin, but I don’t have enough energy/desire to lug my press out of and back into the grow room every time I wanna use it haha…

4 Likes

I live in a 4BR/3BA house by myself and my grow room is a bedroom with a decent sized closet and stuff, so space for a press isn’t an issue. I prefer smoking as little plant material as possible these days. Smoking blunts was fun as heck, but now I get too paranoid about my health and stuff to actually enjoy it. Still smoke some joints though, but have told myself forty is the unit for joints, so unfortunately not much time left there either. Aging is fun. Haha

4 Likes

You’re Smashing those clones ! Looking great as always.

Almost no stretch on that Clusterfunk! I wonder if she’ll be as good as the Chem 91?

That purple tent is gonna be so, uh…purple!

What project is this?

9 Likes

Thought you might wanna hear some of my thoughts on the bud from those crosses you made.

• Agent Orange x T1000
    First off wow this plant got smelly and frosty fast, also lets talk trichome oils, cause its greasy. Translates so well to dried form, kept its strong fresh pulp filled OJ on a sunday morning smell and leaves the fingers shiny after handling. After digging into both of these crosses some more it appears you made a stellar day time herb, one of my favorites to use in current memory. It was able to cut straight through my sleepy time herb daze, generally Im not one for ‘up’ highs but its gentle with no heart racing just pushing me to get up and be active, which is great!

• Gorilla Glue #4 x T1000
    Both phenotypes I grew exhibit the same aroma more or less, but as mentioned were VERY different in morphology. The one yielding nearly quadruple to the other. When pressed into rosin they taste like GG#4 but its weird cause the smell isnt there, more of a woodsy earth thing going on. Potency isnt quite there but time will tell if it grows on me.

• Key Lime Pie x T1000
    Oh the poor little bush that tried, she had to be put on a bucket just to reach the light and never stretched a bit, I should almost know by now this screams mold magnet (had to cull @ day 58) which is quite a shame because the smell is pure fruity candy as you mentioned, bag of jolly ranchers with a putrid skunk somewhere in the mix, its quite lovely. I salvaged what I could and smoke is pleasurable even for being picked so early, will pop more of these in the future, kept the clone but unsure to flower again…

Also you might wanna see these genetics ran a bit better this time, same selections from my last post in here, the clones at the end TBE :slight_smile:

Day 14-21 Defoliation Before & After
L to R: Agent Orange x T1000, Gorilla Glue #4 x T1000 #1 & #2, Mothers Milk x Ancient OG F3

Agent Orange x T1000 Day 21

Gorilla Glue #4 x T1000 Day 21

Day 35

23 Likes

oh yeah this looks exactly like my favorite clusterfunk, straight lawry’s seasoning salt smell, blueberry cheesecake smoke, i remember smoking this one in my last trip to new orleans where there was a storm, and we’re about to get a storm right now in los angeles, idk lol, it faded HARD the plant looked horrible, the weed looked horrible too actually, i still have 5 seeds i think, i’d love to have some right now, it’s storm weed

20 Likes

Great write up Varuna! Funny I came across your review as I was smoking some agent orange x t1000, and I found the same! It’s my favorite of the crosses I ran, and an excellent daytime smoke with wonderful orange flavor!

15 Likes

Got another update on the Blueberry x T1000. My uncle has two going in the ground. Around seven feet tall now and starting to flower.

25 Likes

Pretty much just using BAS Coot’s nutrient kit. I mixed all my own peat, compost, pumice and rice hulls and added the nute kit. This round is just recycled stuff from last round, amended again for this round. Water only in the SIPs, sometimes I’ll use Pure Blend Pro Bloom in the pots, if I think they need a boost.

No worries. Definitely gonna have to sell it locally due to shipping cost. Craigslist, OfferUp?

She’s a shorty fo sure. Let’s hope it is!

lol, I didn’t even realize that everything in this tent is gonna be purple/colorful :sweat_smile: It’s dubbed the purp tent going forward!

Pinesoul is getting reversed and going to make Pinesoul S1s, and crosses with TK, Irene, Bubba Kush, Chem 91, and Chem D. Everything is all set, just need to make some STS.

Damn man, thanks for the well written up thoughts, it’s awesome to have that info posted here.

That’s really nice to hear! I found the Agent Orange to be a good daytime one, so I’m glad that trait seems to have carried over. The orange smell you’re describing sounds better than the Agent Orange, I love pulpy OJ, so that’d be my jam. Great work!

Good to know! I’m guessing the yielder was a GG4 leaner, as the T-1000 doesn’t produce large nugs. I found your experience similar to mine, the taste is somewhat there, kind of piney, forest-y… but the potency wasn’t quite the same as straight GG4. Cool that you pressed it to rosin, hopefully she yielded decently.

Yup, I’ve been there. Sometimes they just don’t wanna grow and stretch… like the double Dosidos I grew.

:frowning: sorry dude, that sucks. But good to know that it’s not that mold resistant. I think some others experienced the same. Those dense GSC nugs seem to attract mold.

Yeah, that’s the KLP for sure. The sweet putrid smell is pungent I think. Thanks for running that one dude, you really did a great job with everything, especially having to keep them alive for so long.

Thanks for the excellent pics, nice to use as a reference. Thanks again for growing and documenting and reporting on everything. If you ever want anything from me, just lmk.

There’s plenty more of the T-1000 crosses if anyone is interested, drop me a line.

Yeah, I’m gonna have to grow some out now for sure! Thanks for the report!

Holy shite! Those are gonna be some monsters! Thanks for the update on them, so cool to see 'em outdoors. His are ALOT further flowering than my outdoor… mine need to hurry up!

I had a chance to meet up with another OG member this past weekend. @nube rolled through and we ended up chillin’. Somehow, he’s even nicer in person, despite already being one of the nicest personas on this forum. I got to smoke some of his Good Medicine’s, and they truly are ‘good medicine’. Perfect for relaxing in some hot springs, riverside. Appreciate the hook up brotha! Very cool to connect with another forum member, Overgrow members are pretty fuckin’ awesome and generous :sunglasses:!

24 Likes

Hell yeah that’s going to be some terpy crosses :drooling_face: so awesome you got to meet @nube!

10 Likes

Love some PNW hot springing! Where’d y’all go? Can’t wait till I can bring the whole family out for a West coast road-trip. Miss that shit!

9 Likes

Hell yeah it was a great time. We hopped up to Stevenson, WA, on the other side of Lake Bonneville. There’s a nice spot on a little creek with a natural hot spring, it was warmer than a hot tub! Less than an hour outside of Portland.

You might be the next OG member that I meet up with… haha! Y’all are welcome anytime, you just have to sleep in the grow room with all the tents :wink:

11 Likes

Wind River?

Ha! That would be cool! I hope you like wild boyz, cause I got two of em’. Sounds warm! The grow room is one of my babies favorite rooms in the house. So warm and noisy, probably reminds him of the womb.

9 Likes

Yup!

The wilder the better! Portland is a pretty wild place, they’d fit right in. Oh, and it’s nice and cool down in the grow, never goes above 70f… and the white noise from all the fans will lull you right to sleep. Just gotta watch out for the fungus gnats!

9 Likes