Terpsnpurps very 1st grow thread. šŸŖ“

I saw theres pneumatic hydraulic and manual

1 Like

But what do you need otherwiseā€¦ do some offer more than others? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Good morning @Terpsnpurps and crew!

1 Like

Hey bud I got this Nug Smasher OG like brand new on Facebook for 300 last week.this is considered a manual press. I am learning the bottle tech method. I have pressed a few batches and I will be doing more over the weekend. I am cheap and there is a lot of units lightly used on social media. Press works great itā€™s 12 ton so more than capable of pressing quality !!! I can recommend searching locally to you on social media my friend. Cheers !!!

5 Likes

I have same press, bought second hand also, for exactly the same price , off FB marketplace. Need no other press, works very well .
I second getting a used one .

3 Likes

So do you use fresh, fresh frozen or driy and cured buds.
I only used mine a couple times last year. I used freshly dried, ready to cure. My product came out very dark. And the overall quality was not what i expected. Did not get any additional effect from the vape vs my bong. Just more work for very little benefit, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Yes this ^

1 Like

So you guys think its not a good endeavor?

Personally I think you will try a few times, and give it up. So if that happens then yes a waste of money. I have made about 4 batches in three years. I did figure out where I went wrong and will be trying again but I donā€™t think I will ever be doing constant batches like I do Bubblehash.

1 Like

My daughter only smokes oilā€¦ its part of why i wanna get 1ā€¦ but if its going to be ruining a bunch of weed idkā€¦

I seeā€¦ man it sounds intimidating to say the leastā€¦

What was going wrong on yours? ā€¦ now im curious :thinking:

I was using the wrong micron bags.

2 Likes

Yeah i wouldnt know which to use eitherā€¦

I had no idea that it would be difficult in any way

1 Like

Itā€™s not difficult to get a product. It is however difficult to get a great product that you would want to smoke a lot of and yet get a good yield at the same time.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not hard. Good quality fresh (within 2 weeks of the dry) can use a 160 micron bag, done bottle tech style. Average bud, or a bit older and drier, 120 micron, 90 micron for crap bud. Place it in a bag and bring moisture levels up to 64 or so before pressing. Dark is coming from old or dry bud. Fresh good bud will produce nice light product. Get a press, need help, i can steer you correctly

2 Likes

So much info and tutorials out thereā€¦

It does seem intimidating to say the least lolā€¦

Why does older or drier weed mess it up?

1 Like

Terpeneā€™s and plant material are older and drier and darker. Pressing is a simple process, just make sure you get a hydraulic press, not a manual one, and press bottle teck style. Older drier bud contaminates the press, making it dark and taste nasty.

1 Like

I agree with all stated however if you enjoy a little bit of Rozen from time to time, the disco is very expensive and this way is very cost-effective and fresh. Lots of younger people these days prefer concentrates. You can make some lovely Rosen that tastes amazing. There is loss But Iā€™m OK with that. I just press what I need when I want it. Cheers !!!

2 Likes

Ive been readingā€¦ alotā€¦ about pressesā€¦ and they are saying hydraulic presses are lesser than the pneumatic pressesā€¦ hydraulic need maintenance (oil ā€¦ and oil leaks) where pneumatic do not run into this issueā€¦ anyone concur?

1 Like